Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm enjoying the game. Playing on Easy has been a lot more fun. That said, I just did a level 18 mission where I'm level 25 and I was struggling a little lol. Easy = Normal imo.

I've got the Shadow weapons but I really only use my main bow and mix in the Tripcaster when I'm up against big machines. I will use the Sharpshot bow a little (probably should more) and I don't have an upgraded Rattler but I do like that for a lot of bandit, close range fighting. I pretty much never use the sling or bombs/traps. I don't bother with potions other than health. This game has so many types of things it's overwhelming at times so I have just enjoyed playing on Easy and using a simpler approach.

The story just had a big reveal for me so I am very interested in what happened.
    Spoiler: show
    Aloy's mom is shown in holograms from hundreds of years ago, working on the Zero Dawn weapon to fight back against the machines. I still don't know why the machines are dinosaurs or how the world got destroyed or why they are after Aloy. It's a Terminator story at heart imo.
    I’ll have to eventually get back to this. I was at the point of no return in the story so I got off the path to do the Frozen Wilds DLC before going back down the path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the complete edition and have no clue what the DLC is for it. You can do it before finishing the main story? Maybe I did some lol.

I bought the complete edition and have no clue what the DLC is for it. You can do it before finishing the main story? Maybe I did some lol.
    Frozen Wilds is the only DLC stuff of substance. The rest, you can’t even tell it’s dlc like the little totem pole things.

I’m going to skip most of the side missions now. I just want to finish the story now. These NPC dialogues are taking too long.

I've reached level 32 now. Resource management is a pain in the ass. I'm fully maxed out and still running out of room but too scared to sell off a bunch of stuff lol. I dumped a lot of Ridgewood and sell some minor/green parts although with me loving fire arrows lately I'm nearly out of blaze.

The last story/main mission took a LONG time. I swear it took me almost 2 hours to fully complete. Got the trophy for discovering the truth and found out only 41% of gamers got that far. Just sort of confirms my feeling that this game is LONG. Probably too long for most people to finish. At least you can't complain about there not being enough content for an offline game. I just finished the 5th last main mission so four left to go. They do jam a ton of stuff in this game - I still don't have one weapon I like because I can't get a rabbit bone. Per Wiki, there are 22 main missions (which can be fairly long), 22 side missions, 5 tribal missions, 14 errands, 6 bandit camps, 5 tallnecks, 5 hunting grounds, 4 cauldrons, 11 corrupted zones (plus tutorials). Frozen Wilds has 5 main missions, 4 side missions, 7 errands, 1 tallneck, 1 cauldron. Holy crap that's a lot.

Well I completed the game! Finished the final boss and of course the cut scene at the end leads to the inevitable sequel. Huge amount of action at the end. I couldn't imagine having to beat the final boss and fight on Normal or Hard lol.

Overall this was a good game. I am glad I gave it a second chance and my frustration with the difficulty the first time and with not realizing how stealth based, RPG based and how different the combat would be. Tons of content in the game - a bit too much imo. But it was a fun ride and I'm glad I played it. Will have to do the Frozen Wilds yet. I still have a tallneck to unlock a map area as I didn't discover everything on the map but I did do the majority of stuff.

Now it's time for Tomb Raider! Will put Spidey on hold.

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

Well I completed the game! Finished the final boss and of course the cut scene at the end leads to the inevitable sequel. Huge amount of action at the end. I couldn't imagine having to beat the final boss and fight on Normal or Hard lol.

Overall this was a good game. I am glad I gave it a second chance and my frustration with the difficulty the first time and with not realizing how stealth based, RPG based and how different the combat would be. Tons of content in the game - a bit too much imo. But it was a fun ride and I'm glad I played it. Will have to do the Frozen Wilds yet. I still have a tallneck to unlock a map area as I didn't discover everything on the map but I did do the majority of stuff.

Now it's time for Tomb Raider! Will put Spidey on hold.
    It’s a whole different game once you lessen the difficulty. It actually becomes fun.......outside of having to fight 2 of those worm things at once.

Like I said, I made it to the point of no return, where you have no choice but to go through endgame, so I turned around and went to The Frozen Wilds abs that’s where I stopped and never picked up again. I think I started another MEA run and just haven’t looked back since. I think I will when school goes on an extended break.

Last edited by souljahbill; 09-17-2018 at 10:07 AM.

As soon as I finished the main story mission it brought me back to the beginning as though I never finished. I got the trophy for finishing and now it allows me to do NG+ or go do the Frozen Wild stuff. I will probably take a break and check that stuff out later. Need to work on my new game catalog now of Spidey and TR.

Glad you liked the story and game on the easier difficulty Rudy. This game was a LOT of fun to play when I got it last spring. I'm actually tempted to give it another run through if I find the time. I had a lot of fun with it and the world was amazing.

The world is very cool. You really do feel like you are IN that world. And when you stumble upon a bunch of machines, even on easy I was hiding in bushes and trying to avoid all of them coming at me.