Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah I'm roughly 50 hours in and all that's left for me is to find some missed items, complete the final 2 story missions and the trials/tests.
    Finished it right at fifty hours but still had a lot of side missions and trials to do. Did not care for the trials and glad I did not spend a ton of time with them because the rewards (the three weapons) suck compared to how much time you would invest. Going New Game + playing on Hard and plan to complete all side-missions and find all the trinkets, etc. Will do each trial once just to say I did them all. Nice that we get to keep all our goodies, especially the shield-weaver. Also pre-ordered the DLC because it looks pretty badass.

Funny thing is I completed the game, played fifty hours and had no idea that you do not have to pull the arrow all the way back to get full power. Just a quick flick does the exact same damage. That does seem like an oversight and kinda irked me because it defies logic and it is the primary weapon in the game.

I haven't been able to play in a week or two (haven't even turned on the PS4), but I just have the main missions and the Xi and Zeta Cauldrons to do.

I am well over 50 hours, but I've explored literally every inch of the map, completed every tall neck, every bandit camp, every corrupted zone, every metal flower, ancient artifact and viewpoint, finished the machine catalogue, did every side mission and errand that I could find.

Where I left off, I just got done with the deathbringer and climbing Faro Tower mission. Heading to the Grave-Hoard next (for an idea of where I am in the main story).

Last I remember, I'm something like level 48 or 50, have all but 3 or 4 skills purchased. And this game is damn fun! I will happily buy any and all DLC day one that they release for this game and if I could, I would already have HZD 2 pre-ordered.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Where I left off, I just got done with Faro Tower mission.
    Slight spoiler relating to this quest.

Spoiler: show
    Did you get the power cell? Because I missed it the first time and had to climb it again, which is a much bigger PITA without having the story/navigation tool help move you around it.

Am I the only one that has finished the story here? You guys know I hate the Sci-fi stuff but this was a really good story and the ending...
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-10-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Slight spoiler relating to this quest.

Spoiler: show
    Did you get the power cell? Because I missed it the first time and had to climb it again, which is a much bigger PITA without having the story/navigation tool help move you around it.

Am I the only one that has finished the story here? You guys know I hate the Sci-fi stuff but this was a really good story and the ending...
    Yeah, I thankfully had stumbled upon something related to the cells and knew it was up there before I started the mission, so I made sure to grab it first chance I got.

And you may very well be. Like I said, I just haven't had the time to play the last couple weeks (would likely be done by now otherwise) and because I'm an exploration freak, I couldn't resist exploring every inch of the map and do every errand and side mission I could before I had even walked into Meridian for the first time.

But even still having a number of missions to go yet, I really am enjoying this game. Now that I've learned what I have from the Faro mission and have begun to gain an understanding of what happened to bring about the downfall of the metal cities and previous civilization, it's all starting to slowly click into place now and I'm really impressed with the story and the level of detail of background details when it comes to the texts on the metal flowers, the background story on the viewpoints, and the various data points you come across.

Like I said, they may not have even started planning to begin thinking of working on a Horizon Zero Dawn 2, but if I could pull a Spaceballs with instant cassettes, I'd already have that damn thing already pre-ordered today, and I haven't even finished the story of the first one yet.

I can just imagine the thoughts that ran through your mind when you came across Mile High Stadium.

The only others I recognized instantly were the Air Force Academy Cadet Chapel, Bryce Canyon and Red Rocks Amphitheater.

Just hit Level 50 and slowly starting to replace Shadow weapons with the newly added Adept weapons. Only difference is one more mod slot so far but I want to be fully geared up for the DLC.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-12-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Finally got back and finished the main campaign instead of the grind. LOVED the game (Top 10 All-Time) but time to put it down for awhile and think about whether the is worth it with so..... many other games in my backlog and so.... many good games coming out starting next month.

DLC coming in November 7th.

I just Platinumed the game tonight. Came out of nowhere and was pure luck because I had no idea the training dummies were tied to an achievement. Missed it on my first run. Beat it on Normal, Hard and now going for Ultimate difficulty. Currently Lvl 50 plus 35 ghost levels. I hope those somehow carry over to the DLC.

Sadly it looks like that's the only DLC we're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Sadly it looks like that's the only DLC we're getting.
    Would have been nice to see more but here is hoping they are also hard at work on a sequel.

Apparently the Frozen Wilds DLC is another 15 hours of goodness with a big boost to the difficulty to balance the game a bit after leveling Alloy up.

Gonna go ahead and bite and try to grind out the I never went back to.

I just bought this from Amazon for $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I’m currently playing. Even though I bought it, my wife said she’d buy the DLC if I saved it for Christmas so I did. So far, I’m really liking it. I haven’t made it to my Proving yet but I think that’s my next story based mission. Right now, I’m just doing s lot of combat training with the basic enemies,

Hopefully you like it! You are VERY early in the game.

I'm finding a lot of games I bought recently I haven't liked a great deal. But there some games that surprised me in a nice way to balance that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Hopefully you like it! You are VERY early in the game.

I'm finding a lot of games I bought recently I haven't liked a great deal. But there some games that surprised me in a nice way to balance that out.
    So far, I really do. Definitely a change of pace from Uncharted.

I forgot where I saw it but I recall someone saying they thing HZD had a graphical edge on UC4. I think the exact opposite. Don’t get me wrong, this game looks amazing but UC4 beats this in terms of character graphics and animations. These faces are a little too plastic-y looking whereas the UC4 graphics were so detailed that I could see stubble on Nathan Drake’s face. It’s really a non-issue though. This game is still great to look at.

HZD is quite a bit different from UC4. HZD is more stealth based and more open world while UC4 is a shooter with story. I do think UC4 was better looking but it's splitting hairs. I'd like to see HZD on a PS4 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    HZD is quite a bit different from UC4. HZD is more stealth based and more open world while UC4 is a shooter with story. I do think UC4 was better looking but it's splitting hairs. I'd like to see HZD on a PS4 Pro.
    Yeah, this is definitely an open-world, akin to Assassin’s Creed (another of my favorite series). UC:TLL is the most open the Uncharted series has ever been so it’s a nice transition into this.

The more I play, the more I realize that this is basically an Assassin’s Creed game at its core. No complaints as I’ve played and beaten them all from AC1-AC:Unity (that includes both Rogue and Liberation) and I own both Syndicate and Origins (the only 2 I haven’t played yet). So far, I have 0 complaints about this game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like this game but I’m not loving this game. The hunting trials are ridiculously hard and some of these enemies are a pain in the ass. I don’t mind there being difficult enemies but often they’re surrounded by too many easy ones and everything is on high alert too quickly. Plus, they’re weak spots are underneath them and are difficult to hit. The ones that are exposed take a bunch of hits. I’m wearing stealth clothes and feel I’m seen way to easily despite pretty much always attacking with arrows from a distance, crouched in high grass. I’ve had one too many frustrating “gang fights” thus far and I don’t think I’m 25% into it. Also, why do we have to spend points on skills that you’d think would be standard from jump, like, picking an item up while riding or....whistling.

Like I said, I like this game. It’s a well made game and I’m gonna finish it but it’s already out of GotY contention for me unless I’m a superhuman killing machine by the end.

The game is hard. No question about that! I didnt like how stealth based it was. Trying to complete the challenge where I had to break into a compound felt impossible.