Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For Honor (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Thanks Rudy! I'll dig into it here today when I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've only got as far as getting through the tutorial. It seems that blocking is going to be tough, as Rudy says.

The alpha was glitchy this morning. Bad connections. The 4v4 is fun but mayhem too. I hate facing multiple enemies. I get destroyed.

There is a lot more depth to the moves and each character. I would recommend also watching the basic move videos to understand. Each character is a bit different with combos and things. Here is a guide as well. I have to remember to vary my rstick attack direction.
    http://www.gosunoob.com/for-honor/

I wish there was a mute button for others with mics. All in all though I am pretty happy. This alpha has made me lean towards buying for sure. The battlefield in 4v4 has an epic feel.
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-18-2016 at 06:23 AM.

The alpha was considered a success. People spent an average of 4.5 hours playing it. Lots of executions. Demand for beta is up.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/09/20/the-...on-executions/
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-21-2016 at 04:42 AM.

I didn't get enough time with it, unfortunately. I have to say that the single player campaign is going to have to be very intriguing for me to consider the game. If it's just a button-mashing fighter, I'm not real interested.

Thanks for inviting me, Rudy! I look forward to hearing more about the single player story.

Yeah, I hope they have an offline story mode. I'd love it if they had couch coop. That would make this a must buy for me. I'm strongly leaning to buying anyways.

I'm signed up for the beta so I can invite you guys again too. Have no idea when that is though.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Damn, I would have taken a code if Smooth hadn't. I'm pretty damn excited for this game. It looks super fun from what I've watched of it.

I didn't even realize how the scoring went in the Dominion.

the endgame triggers once one team has accumulated enough points. For Honor then announces that one army has started to break, and players on the team that’s breaking – the team with the lower score – will no longer respawn after they’re killed. The match ends when the last human player falls, while the defending team can win if the players rally and survive for a set amount of time.

The endgame is heavily weighted in favor of the team that’s on the attack, but it doesn’t affect the balance because both teams start the match on even footing and have plenty of time to establish an advantage. The endgame is therefore a more flavorful way to resolve a match that has already reached its conclusion (in most cases it won’t take the attacking team long to wrap things up). The match concludes when everyone on the defending team is dead. Speaking from experience – we were able to rout our opponents during our demo – that’s a lot more satisfying than watching an arbitrary timer count down to zero.
    http://dorkshelf.com/2016/09/16/for-honor-preview/

January 26th! I am on the list and hope to get a code.

I got my beta invite this afternoon. I gave a code to my brother and have two left. Let me know if you didn't get a code and want one. You have to send invites through the Ubisoft website/UPlay or whatever. I'm rudyjuly2 on there so I have to add you to my friends list. I've got cdj, JB, gigemags, Jaymo and I think the guestoneX9 is Steelerfan. I think Smooth got an invite directly from Ubisoft.

Those dildos. I registered for the beta for PS4, I got the email tonight but it's s code for Xbox One.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It says you have an invitation on my account. I don't think I can invite you to a PS4 one. I tried but I can't click on your name.

So nobody wants a code?

PS4? Sure, Rudy - if you don't mind and have some left.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    PS4? Sure, Rudy - if you don't mind and have some left.
    Done! I still have one left.

Thanks, Rudy. Downloading now.

The PS4 beta has had issues. I just tried and couldn't connect with a 4v4. When I did get enough guys the game didn't start. Hopefully this gets better soon. The alpha was very good. This is off to a rough start.

The beta is pretty glitchy. I've dropped out numerous times and struggled to match make at times. The beta is very similar to the alpha in play modes other than the faction stuff. Some of the fighters are fairly diverse and cool. I'm not sure any are over powered but experts can clean a novices clock. I've got my butt bead bad. Still really don't know the feats loadout stuff and when I can use them.

The 4v4 is fun and very hectic but also frustrating as I often find myself double teamed and killed. Knowing the maps and hiding and cheap shotting is crucial apparently. I don't like the elevated areas to control as they almost always result in mismatches and no fun battles imo. Climbing a ladder to find two people waiting for me and easily killing me isn't very fun. Taking a break to play 2v2 was fun though. Had an epic match and they really help you focus and enjoy the 1v1 matchup.

I know some have complained the moves are slow or sluggish but I love it like this. Adds a lot more strategy. Any faster and it's an offensive button mash fest. Defence is crucial in this game. Switching targets in the 4v4 is tough in the mayhem though. I think they could do those skirmishes a bit better.

I don't know how the servers are worse in the beta than months ago in the alpha but they are. Drops and poor connections happen way too often for a game two weeks from launch.