Thread: PES or FIFA?

• Facebook
  • Display

PES or FIFA?

I have demo's for both and I've really enjoyed PES 2015's gameplay.
    I'm just wondering if EA's is easier?

I know FIFA has all the licenses and leagues, but since the only soccer players I know are Messi and Hope Solo, I don't think that matters to me.

Which gameplay and controls are easierr to pick up and play and which has the deeper franchise mode?

Thanks!

There are only a few people here that play FIFA and I don't think anyone here plays PES. I think you'll be hard pressed to get a good answer here.

Sorry that I can't help more.

Yeah, I've never played PES. I've heard it's a great game, but I've always enjoyed FIFA and prefer having the leagues and licenses.

I don't play much FIFA or PES. Historically, I have always felt PES is a more "sim" soccer experience.

Thanks guys! I really like PES's gameplay, but because I'm a noob to the sport, FIFA probably will fit my bill better.

DL'd the PES demo and played 4 games. I really, really liked it.
    Thinking about buying a soccer game for the first time in years.

I've played three 10-minute matches on the demo.

I won 3-0 as Bayern Munich against Roma on Amateur (Beginner, Amateur, Regular, Professional, Top Player, Super Star are the skill levels).

Next, I won 2-1 as Brazil against France on Regular.

Finally, I allowed a late equalizer to draw 1-1 as Corinthians against Palmeiras on Professional.

I've never owned PES so I don't know enough to know if I should buy it. I'm guessing there are sliders but I'm not positive. It does concern me that I'm competitive on Professional without knowing all the buttons (instinctively I occasionally screw up and push the appropriate button for FIFA).

A few thoughts:

The gameplay is very nice. In some ways, it seems better than FIFA. I like the goal kicks and corners better than FIFA.

The through balls are too easy (hopefully this could be tempered with skill level and sliders and settings).

The computer does not seem to foul or get booked. I think FIFA has finally got a decent number of fouls and bookings but I'm not sure this game would.

The computer also does not cross the ball in much. I'm not sure I saw them do it once in 3 matches.

I'm not sure how much the lack of licensing would bother me or what level of mods are available to work around it. I need to investigate that.

It bothers me that, once again, there is no commentary on the demo. I have no clue of how good or bad it is.

There is no way that I won't buy FIFA 16 but I think buying PES 16 may be in the cards too. That's IF I take the time to do some research and some of my pressing questions get favorable answers.

Overall, the demo is fun and I couldn't fault anyone who bought this game. For me though, FIFA is still #1 and it would take a serious investment of time in the full version of PES to make me re-think that.

I'm going to try the FIFA demo when it comes out too. A lot of what I'm reading sounds really good.
    The reason why I'm leaning towards PES right now is that I really like how all the teams play and feel different. Every game is different and the stars really stand-out in what they can do.
    I also like that they have the Champion's League.

With FIFA, I've read too many times that the teams and players all play the same.
    (I guess the same could be said for all EA games).

But I really like how well FIFA does things off the pitch.

BTW, I thought the Champions League finals were played last month when Barcelona beat Juventes.
    Now I see that there are CL games taking place?
    Are these qualifying games for 2016?

I have to be honest, I'm really confused how soccer works. It seems like it's a 12-month season with multiple international competitions.
    I'm completely lost when it comes to everything involved with this sport.
    Do all leagues start and end at the same time? As in, will MLS begin at the same times as the Premier League? Or the Spanish League?

Yeah, it's pretty close to a year round thing. For Champions League, usually the first qualifying round starts near the end of June, and the Final is played around the end of May. But, you have the games spread out where you're looking at two or three weeks between a game. Add it no games from mid December through early February and it stretches out.

As for the full details, well, I'll let steeler take care of that because I know I'll never do it the full justice like he can.

As for season schedules, the MLS is basically doing their own thing. Granted, the four seasons play into it, it's easier (and better for attendance) to run a MLS season from February/March through October. Most other leagues however, follow the international calendars and start in late July/August through mid May.