Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 16 Reveals Improvements to Connected Franchise Mode

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 16 Reveals Improvements to Connected Franchise Mode

As Ultimate Team has become the most-played mode in Madden NFL, many long-time fans have claimed that the rise of MUT came at the expense of other modes, such as Connected Franchise. To begin the pre-release news cycle for Madden NFL 16, EA SPORTS levied a lengthy blog detailing some of the changes and improvements coming to the game's career mode.

Throughout the mode, a revamped and streamlined user interface helps users see more pertinent information in one location. This even permeates in-game action as users will be given in-game goals and post-play goal feedback. Some of this feedback appears at the bottom of the screen in a 'ticker,' which has some wondering if scores of other games and perhaps even stats will be shown there, similarly to that found in NCAA Football.

Other improvements include new scouting and combine stats, draft feedback, free practice, and tuning to confidence and owner mode finances. Worth noting are two new commissioner tools: Members List and Sim W/L. The description for Members List sounds similar to that of Dynasty Central in NCAA Football and Sim W/L was a heavily requested feature for Online Dynasty Commissioners for years.

While many of the changes were warranted if not directly requested, some in the community have expressed reservations towards the heavy focus on an XP system and perhaps too heavy of use of numbers throughout the mode. Check out the official EA SPORTS blog and an article from Game Informer with additional CFM details then share your thoughts with the community.
    Last edited by cdj; 05-30-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Madden NFL 16 Feature Deep Dive: Connected Franchise

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2015/madden-16-cfm?utm_campaign=mad16-social-global-ic-tw-features-cfm-052815-mad-tw-img-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid =mad16-social-global-ic-tw-features-cfm-052815-mad-tw-img-site-ramp&cid=39049&ts=1432838623091

I really don't like the concept of XP, points to spend, goals, etc. The idea that sports games need to be turned into RPGs or that they need mini-games to make them interesting are really bad ones.

I prefer The Show's approach. I can tell players what to work on but progression/regression is up to the age and potential of the player.

Worrying about a team being emotionally distressed because they failed to get 125 yards rushing in a 31-3 win is very unsatisfying.

In fact, since NCAA is gone, I would say that all of EA's Franchise modes (with the exception of FIFA) are completely unsatisfying because there is too much focus on leveling up your GM with mundane goals (I'm looking at you, NHL) and the like.

There was nothing in that list that made consider buying Madden. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I really don't like the concept of XP, points to spend, goals, etc. The idea that sports games need to be turned into RPGs or that they need mini-games to make them interesting are really bad ones.

I prefer The Show's approach. I can tell players what to work on but progression/regression is up to the age and potential of the player.

Worrying about a team being emotionally distressed because they failed to get 125 yards rushing in a 31-3 win is very unsatisfying.
    Although this mode is no concern of mine...since I do not care for or play CFM really, I completely agree with all of this in general

Interesting that they finally added the combine stats. Sounds like scouting will be easier.

I cannot believe that yet again the Madden team has not included formaton subs. It really is mind-boggling. Plus count me in as a person who thinks putting weekly/season goals on the screen looks like crap! So much for that authentic broadcast presentation...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I cannot believe that yet again the Madden team has not included formaton subs. It really is mind-boggling. Plus count me in as a person who thinks putting weekly/season goals on the screen looks like crap! So much for that authentic broadcast presentation...
    I agree. Is it confirmed that we definitely won't have formation subs? I was a bit disappointed last year with Madden. It did not feel fresh or much improved imo. I wonder if they will have a demo this year?

Well, glad to know they prioritize stupid wastes of time like making the game more RPG with goals for individual drives, players, games, weeks, etc, but still can't even be bothered to add something like restricted free agents. Jesus titty fucking Christ.

And with that, if this is the route Madden is going for the future, Madden is officially 100% dead to me as a franchise and I am done with it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I agree. Is it confirmed that we definitely won't have formation subs? I was a bit disappointed last year with Madden. It did not feel fresh or much improved imo. I wonder if they will have a demo this year?
    To be fair, they did NOT say it's out... BUT... they didn't say ti was in and the way this team has worked historically that means that nothing was done with the feature.

Plus count me in as a person who thinks putting weekly/season goals on the screen looks like crap! So much for that authentic broadcast presentation...
    I'm holding out hope that the ticker at the bottom will double as a place for giving scores/stats from other franchise mode games that week. That was my biggest personal request for CFM but likely won't be confirmed/denied until a presentation blog/video.

I'm not sold on all these extra stats, in-progress meters, etc. splashed across the screen either, but hopefully they are not as intrusive or frequent as these screens make them seem.

Maybe Formation Subs would go in the new gameplay section of announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Maybe Formation Subs would go in the new gameplay section of announcements.
    More likely to go in the "Not This Year" section.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    More likely to go in the "Not This Year" section.
    While I'm pretty sure that'll be the case, it's something you can use in all game modes, not just Franchise.

I just want to hear about Gameplay improvements

Don't care for Presentation and Stat overlays either...or MUT

I cannot believe that yet again the Madden team has not included formaton subs.
    I take it from this tweet that formation subs are still available in-game only, not from menus as in NCAA:

It will always baffle me just how ridiculously different Madden and NCAA could be in interface. I love in-game formation subs; I wished NCAA had them for years. But not having a menu to save them in is ridiculous.

To the earlier discussion about being an RPG, I personally am a fan of implementing RPG concepts into a sports game, but there's a balance that EA titles clearly have not found. XP and leveling is smart. But mini-games and unnecessary goals are time consuming and frustrating. The CH2k series still did that the best.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Clint was the former OL EA hired and he's nice on Twitter but I really don't know if he's a video game junkie and knows how to actually fix Madden. His responses sometimes baffle me. Saying they have always been there makes me think he's clueless to our requests and what NCAA had in the past. Where are the NCAA guys on the team to push for this?

Sports games are changing so little sometimes each year that for offline guys an annual purchase isn't a great buy anymore unless you are either hardcover or have lots of money. Madden needs to show me why I should buy it this year. The OL and DT interactions offline have been garbage the last 3 years under Clint and I can't take anymore of the "money" running up the middle and broken sliders. It's been terrible and Clint doesn't even see a problem with my interactions in the past.

Clint was the former OL EA hired and he's nice on Twitter but I really don't know if he's a video game junkie and knows how to actually fix Madden. His responses sometimes baffle me. Saying they have always been there makes me think he's clueless to our requests and what NCAA had in the past. Where are the NCAA guys on the team to push for this?

Sports games are changing so little sometimes each year that for offline guys an annual purchase isn't a great buy anymore unless you are either hardcover or have lots of money. Madden needs to show me why I should buy it this year. The OL and DT interactions offline have been garbage the last 3 years under Clint and I can't take anymore of the "money" running up the middle and broken sliders. It's been terrible and Clint doesn't even see a problem with my interactions in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I take it from this tweet that formation subs are still available in-game only, not from menus as in NCAA:

It is this kind of stuff that makes me consider giving up on Madden altogether...

I begged Clint or anyone to produce a video highlight of a CPU DT shooting a gap and making a TFL on a run play in madden. Guys like Suh are neutered way too much in Madden. The sliders have been ignored for years too.

I begged Clint or anyone to produce a video highlight of a CPU DT shooting a gap and making a TFL on a run play in madden. Guys like Suh are neutered way too much in Madden. The sliders have been ignored for years too.
    So Rudy, looks like we Canadians are getting F#$%#d by the man again. On PS4 I see the standard edition of Madden 16 is... $79.99. What the hell!?!?!? That is unbelievable.