Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 16 Reveals Improvements to Connected Franchise Mode

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    So Rudy, looks like we Canadians are getting F#$%#d by the man again. On PS4 I see the standard edition of Madden 16 is... $79.99. What the hell!?!?!? That is unbelievable.
    Metric. System.

I know the dollar is weak right now but 33% more? That's ridiculous. I'm not paying over $90 after taxes for the game if it's similar to last year which disappointed me on ps4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I know the dollar is weak right now but 33% more? That's ridiculous. I'm not paying over $90 after taxes for the game if it's similar to last year which disappointed me on ps4.
    Yeah you are getting ripped off a bit. The USD has come back strong since our monies were both basically even. Now, 1 USD = 1.25 Canadian. So you should be paying 25% more but not 33%.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah you are getting ripped off a bit. The USD has come back strong since our monies were both basically even. Now, 1 USD = 1.25 Canadian. So you should be paying 25% more but not 33%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I will get season pass and check out 6 hours of Madden. Unless blown away I just cannot justify a purchase based on the price and limited updates.

-no formation subs
    -no practise roster
    -no score ticker
    -no restricted free agency
    -no weekly wrap up show
    -no playable pro bowl
    -generic coordinators
    -no depth added to free agent offers
    -no real player editing abilities
    -no additions to owner mode...

Essentially CFM has some tuning done to it. With the exception of more stats at the draft/combine and adding silly RPG goals to each game... what has changed? So I can skip the pre-season... that's a feature now? ... really? ... wow!

Please, please, please let the NCAA guys take over!!! The Madden developers are somewhere between clueless and hopeless. How can the same requests year after year be neglected? How is it that the feature set of 2k5 (11 years later) still has not been matched?

The ship has set sail for madden and as usual the offline/online single player franchise guys have been left behind. When will we learn?

Also looks like the tweets and stories have been removed. I guess immersion was not high on the developers list this year? Strange. I thought the guy from MLB the Show was in charge of CFM this year???

What a disappointment. I lost an hour of my life listening to the press row podcast as he spoke to the Madden CFM guys. What a pointless interview. Normally I like Rich but he refused to ask any of the big tough questions. He never pushed a single issue or challenged anything. He basically read off his script. I understand why he did it but (to keep these people coming back) but don't call it an interview. Call it an infomercial because that is all that it is. Not one hardball was brought up. Not one single topic that even registered as a challenge. I highly recommend people NOT listen to this podcast. I expected better from Rich... You cannot claim to represent sports gaming and then do this type of interview.

I liked the twitter stuff and stories. Can we edit draft classes? I can't remember if that was in last year or not.

Honestly, if they offered last year's game with a tecmo camera angle I would buy it. The sliders being fixed and the inside running game are huge issues for me. I don't trust Clint to fix this at all. I simply can't purchase the game if simple runs up the middle are close to money plays for 4 years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Also looks like the tweets and stories have been removed. I guess immersion was not high on the developers list this year? Strange. I thought the guy from MLB the Show was in charge of CFM this year???
    I would say yes he is...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

jaymo & JHC - that is correct.

Last edited by cdj; 05-30-2015 at 06:15 PM.

I agree that the "features" for CFM are HUGELY disappointing. EA has decided to make this game about online random play and MUT. I'll rent it again from GameFly get the easy and mail it back.

Madden NFL 16 Reveals Improvements to Connected Franchise Mode

I've been through 8 seasons of an online league and honestly after the first few seasons the tweets just got repetitive. Doesn't really bother me that they were removed.

I like what they've changed with scouting and development. It was still too easy to draft really good players not to mention developing them in a short span of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Marlowe; 06-01-2015 at 01:13 PM.

I still think being able to swap out a player from the play call screen is better in Madden than in NCAA.

Can change my formation look on the fly for various formations and don't have to be stuck with a certain look that I set up before the game even started...or have to pause to keep changing.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I still think being able to swap out a player from the play call screen is better in Madden than in NCAA.

Can change my formation look on the fly for various formations and don't have to be stuck with a certain look that I set up before the game even started...or have to pause to keep changing.
    That may be the case, I agree.

However, they need both. They won't get me back as long as I have to see starters covering kickoffs. Lame.

Some teams do have starters covering kicks...
    I know Seattle does

Nonetheless I get that example..I've always hated that on both games. But Special Team subs wouldn't just solve the issue. I could see the Madden team just allowing that and nothing else.

Definitely needs to be both ways

Maybe if the option was available for the CFM crowd strictly.

Otherwise couldnt see how it could be done in a ranked/unranked game setting. Since the roster file changes weekly

I just know when I play NCAA I always wish I could swap in my speed back or power back whenever the option presents itself.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 06-01-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Some teams do have starters covering kicks...
    I know Seattle does

Nonetheless I get that example..I've always hated that on both games. But Special Team subs wouldn't just solve the issue. I could see the Madden team just allowing that and nothing else.

Definitely needs to be both ways

Maybe if the option was available for the CFM crowd strictly.

Otherwise couldnt see how it could be done in a ranked/unranked game setting. Since the roster file changes weekly

I just know when I play NCAA I always wish I could swap in my speed back or power back whenever the option presents itself.
    Of course a few starters cover kicks.

But when I played Madden (last time was 12) out infuriated me to have Polamalu, Harrison, Taylor, Clark, Woodley etc on the kickoff team. If for no other reason than to get the backups some stats, it needs to be added.

And, yes, for me Franchise/CFM is what I'm talking about.

As for online, all they have to do is watch the damn games and see who is covering kicks or, for the sake of laziness, make sure the depth chart is used and no #1 is used (or #2 for CB and MLB).

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Of course a few starters cover kicks.

But when I played Madden (last time was 12) out infuriated me to have Polamalu, Harrison, Taylor, Clark, Woodley etc on the kickoff team. If for no other reason than to get the backups some stats, it needs to be added.

And, yes, for me Franchise/CFM is what I'm talking about.

As for online, all they have to do is watch the damn games and see who is covering kicks or, for the sake of laziness, make sure the depth chart is used and no #1 is used (or #2 for CB and MLB).

Imagine if NHL 16 didn't have line changes...

Imagine if FIFA 16 didn't have set pieces...

Imagine if MLB The Show 15 didn't have a bullpen...

Imagine if NBA 2K15 didn't have a bench...

Sounds crazy right? Yet somehow Madden 13,14,15,16 all think it's okay not to have formation subs and custom packages. This game can be so bush league at times as compared to what the other sports titles deliver on. Since the goal is MUT and online head-to-head I guess football basics like formation subs and custom packages just are not a priority...

Considering that it takes a badly screwed up depth chart on NCAA to have starters covering kicks, that's really odd that Madden has that problem.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I just wish cfm would get more interesting . I've stuck in mut this whole yet very little cfm playing. guess i just get bored with it. takes so long to play a 10 minute quarter game. That i don't have time for .

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    That i don't have time for .

Do you not use the right stick to sub/use packages in NCAA?