Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Madden NFL 16 Reveals Improvements to Connected Franchise Mode

• Facebook
  • Display
    In searching a bit on the net it seems there are still a lot of issues that will drive people nuts...

1. The screen play still gets blown up
    2. QB accuracy is still far too high for cpu AI
    3. OL blocking still defies loigc on blitz plays
    4. No word on auto subs working correctly in CFM
    5. No way to adjust special teams players (no subs still)

From the CFM standpoint...

According to some of the game changers, the Tiburon team wants to know what changes people would like to see adressed in CFM over the next couple of years... so if you are a CFM person and you didn't like last year you may wish to skip this year's offering???

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    In searching a bit on the net it seems there are still a lot of issues that will drive people nuts...

1. The screen play still gets blown up
    2. QB accuracy is still far too high for cpu AI
    3. OL blocking still defies loigc on blitz plays
    4. No word on auto subs working correctly in CFM
    5. No way to adjust special teams players (no subs still)

From the CFM standpoint...

According to some of the game changers, the Tiburon team wants to know what changes people would like to see addressed in CFM over the next couple of years... so if you are a CFM person and you didn't like last year you may wish to skip this year's offering???
    Good observations. I don't necessarily disagree with any of them but I do have a couple thoughts.

1. RB Screen play is feast or famine, WR screens are much lower success rate. IMO would be different with better blocking physics. Eventually would like to see a blocking trait added to each position to determine how often they are able to get where they are supposed to be to make the block. Ratings for both the blocker and the defender would then take over to determine the outcome of the block.

Again I'm going deep on this but I really think we're finally at the point now where deep-diving into traits and ratings and fixing blocking (not necessarily the schemes but the way each individual player aligns and approaches the block based on their abilities is going to separate good from great. Graphics are stunning, player models are solid for the most part and while physics still need some work to be game-changing, they are at least up to par. So the next step is installing a system to make each player act individually based purely on ratings, traits and size to create more realistic momentum and outcomes.

2: QB accuracy is still high but I am waiting to see a quarterback on a higher level, one that (hopefully) will take more shots down the field. Right now all we've seen has been quarterbacks dinking and dunking. I don't have a huge problem with high pct. in that type of offense and I think once ppl get a hold of the "play the receiver" concept as opposed to going for the interception every time we could see a slight decline in AI completions. Really need to see the different quarterbacks play differently and beyond just taking off and scrambling once I get my hands on the game though.

3: ... and on screens and in general.

4: I believe I heard before E3 by one of the devs that auto subs won't be any different than in years past, which is disappointing.

5: Also disappointing.

I didn't care for last year's experience. However they at least touched on some things that I was looking for so I think this year will be much more enjoyable. WR/DB interaction and physics were my biggest gameplay issues for the past 3 seasons and beyond while scouting, drafting and the clunky and difficult-to-navigate layout of menus were my biggest concerns on CFM.

They are eliminating the awareness hit when changing positions. So now you can swap guys without penalty. Not sure I like that since football instincts ate different. I'd like to see the hit be different depending on the switch. I'd like to be able to list multiple positions that players can play at to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    They are eliminating the awareness hit when changing positions. So now you can swap guys without penalty. Not sure I like that since football instincts ate different. I'd like to see the hit be different depending on the switch. I'd like to be able to list multiple positions that players can play at to help out.
    The awareness hit wasn't the problem... move a player and awareness should drop a little. The problem was when you moved him back to his original position there is another huge drop. That happened to a late 1st round CB. He was like a 75ovr or something and I wanted to see how he looked at Safety... dropped to 70 so I moved him back to CB and he plunged to 64 ovr and no confidence. That made no sense...

That's because his awareness took a double hit. Now that won't happen. Move him back and he will be a 75 again.

Still Sucks we won't see a real draft experience in recruiting and pro days and combine work outs.

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...xes/shopmaster

Encourage you to do the survey from Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Still Sucks we won't see a real draft experience in recruiting and pro days and combine work outs.
    I could see possibly sometime down the road. But I don't see them creating whole new game modes (essentially) that are only used inside cfm anytime soon. Best chance for those is skill trainer-like option.

I'm mobile son

Quote Originally Posted by thatBuckeye View Post
    I could see possibly sometime down the road. But I don't see them creating whole new game modes (essentially) that are only used inside cfm anytime soon. Best chance for those is skill trainer-like option.

I'm mobile son
    I'm not talking about a whole new game mode. More like a new section in CFM and video clips for the draft. Also for Superstar mode it would be fun to go threw the draft process in combine work out , pro day work outs and then team interviews and such just to spice it up before the season instead of just sim threw... I think It would be a fun idea. Superstar really needs a boost . I try it every but just never play it very long

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    I'm not talking about a whole new game mode. More like a new section in CFM and video clips for the draft. Also for Superstar mode it would be fun to go threw the draft process in combine work out , pro day work outs and then team interviews and such just to spice it up before the season instead of just sim threw... I think It would be a fun idea. Superstar really needs a boost . I try it every but just never play it very long
    Phyaically going through the combine workouts would require a game "mode" to be built since there is nothing like that in the game now. Interviews and stuff would be cool as long as it's not like NBA 2K, those are TERRIBLE imo.

I'm mobile son