Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Glad you're back, Smooth.

Very nice impressions Smooth. I have to start playing this more.

Sounds like an AC game. No problem with me.

After 57 hours of gameplay, I have officially bitchslapped this game!

All I have left to do at this point is fire up, play, and beat the Jack the Ripper DLC and I'll have Syndicate completely dominated up through every piece of released game/DLC thus far.

Wow! You must have had a lot of fun. The last game I was really into like that was Mordor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Wow! You must have had a lot of fun. The last game I was really into like that was Mordor.
    It really is a fun game! They finally got rid of the constant back and forth playing in the past and modern times stuff. Now all the current day stuff is just basically cutscenes that you just watch, so it lets you stay completely focused on the story in London.

The city is massive and there are tons of things to do, yet it's easy to get around thanks to trains and horses/carriages. I actually found the story legitimately good and a nice change from the stories of some recent AC games, and being able to switch between Evie and Jacob essentially on a whim made it stay fresh as you could change up your tactics at any point in the game, going stealth with Evie or going physical with Jacob.

There were a lot of fun side missions, the Associate Activities (Bounty Hunts, Templar Hunts, Child Liberations and Gang Strongholds), while there were something like 6-10 of each Activity, they were set up sufficiently enough that each time you did it felt a little different and required some different strategies based on the layout of the buildings and enemies.

Even the collectibles weren't bad. When you first get to London, there may seem like a lot, and even based on that second picture, that may look like a TON of chests, but really, it's not that overwhelming to collect them all. Some games in the past have had a shit ton of collectibles and made it a pain in the ass to collect them all. In AC Syndicate, a lot of things were actually pretty easy to collect as you go around the map getting from one location to another.

About the only negative that I've experienced, was Carriage Races. Damn those suck. There's something like 15 of them, and to unlock two weapons, as well as a crafting schematic for a cloak (or whatever the item actually was), you have to come in 1st place in all 15 (or however many) races. Now, I managed to claim 1st place and win every single race on my very first attempt at each race, however, that was some of the most stressful shit I have done. A couple races I literally won by inches. One race, where I was racing a train to a destination, essentially racing a clock that's counting down, I swear to god, I had to have won that race with .000001 seconds left, because I was still 20-30 meters away from the finish line with one second left.

There are a lot of fun missions and fun side activities in the game that I absolutely can see myself going back sometime down the road and firing up for the hell of it. Honestly, I might actually go back and play the entire story again from the beginning later in the spring or summer, after a couple months away from it so it'll feel fresh again. That's how much I enjoyed the game. However I will absolutely be skipping the carriage races in any future play-throughs.

If I had to rank this game, I honestly think it is easily top two in the AC series for me (and I have played every main series game except Rogue), and it could even potentially be #1 for me in the AC series. It's basically a three-way tie for the top two games with Syndicate, Black Flag and ACII. But Syndicate just did things so well and it was legitimately so much fun, it very well could be my #1 AC series game.

If they can keep this up with Egypt next year and keep focusing 100% on the single player side of the game (either just abandon multiplayer altogether or don't screw the SP story over to shoehorn in a MP experience), then this series is very quickly getting back on the right track and could easily keep going for years if they keep up this new direction they took with Syndicate.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 01-23-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Nice impressions!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It really is a fun game! They finally got rid of the constant back and forth playing in the past and modern times stuff. Now all the current day stuff is just basically cutscenes that you just watch, so it lets you stay completely focused on the story in London.
    I really wish this were the case from the original AC. In fact, I wish there was no modern day stuff at all. It always broke the flow of the game and was always the least interesting part. All the games are excellent at capturing their respective time periods and all the modern day junk is unnecessary. They can just make a modern day game if they want something current.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I really wish this were the case from the original AC. In fact, I wish there was no modern day stuff at all. It always broke the flow of the game and was always the least interesting part. All the games are excellent at capturing their respective time periods and all the modern day junk is unnecessary. They can just make a modern day game if they want something current.
    I can understand why the modern day stuff is there. The whole storyline of the Assassin's Creed series necessitates it. The whole point of going into the animus and running all over the place in locations in the past is to help locate where pieces of Eden are buried and hidden in the modern day timeline and race the Templars to it.

The whole thing I hate about the modern day stuff was when we were forced to actually perform "missions" in the modern day. Being pulled out of the middle of a good storyline in the past to sit there climbing skyscrapers and other stupid shit as Desmond, sit there dealing with this stupid Helix Rifts in Unity that forced us to run around in 1800s, World War II and whichever other timeline Paris, I HATED that shit. Just let me play the damn game instead of having to do this modern day running around shit.

That's why I like how Syndicate did it. They handled it well. You played solely in the past. All modern day stuff was just solely cinematic cutscenes that you watched play out, usually for no more than a couple minutes, and then it was right back into the past. If they continue to follow this pattern in future games, doing away entirely with modern day missions and just leave them at cinematic cutscenes, I'll be perfectly happy!

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Agree 100%.

Last second purchase... $48 for syndicate and ALL the DLC. Now I just need to find time to play this game.

I haven't played it much either. Possibly burned out after so much black flag which I had a lot of fun with. The girl twin is fun in this game. Graphics are really God except they get hurt when ibisoft throws all the outlines around enemies.

This was a really fun game! Ubisoft really redeemed themselves after Unity. Just look back at the two or three in depth review posts I made after buying this after Christmas, I really go down the list of what I loved and hated.

It also speaks volumes that I completely beat this game, a full 100% in every measurable statistic in just 57 hours of gameplay. Syndicate really redeemed this series for me after Unity and I have new faith in Ubisoft when it comes to Assassin's Creed going forward.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did the first few missions and now we are in London. Looks better than unity; feels better than unity; plays better than unity. I like the sister... she's badass. The brother... Okay I get it... you want to create a gang called the rooks... enough about it already!

I'm going to try and get back into this game. I had started it a while ago and these types of games are more up my alley than RPGs like Fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm going to try and get back into this game. I had started it a while ago and these types of games are more up my alley than RPGs like Fallout.
    I'm surprised you aren't taken by Fallout4. It's the complete opposite of what I play and like but for whatever reason I just love the Fallout experience. AC is fun but in my opinion Fallout and Witcher are significantly better offerings than AC (at present).

I like Syndicate (though it feels very dumbed down from previous versions). The grappling hook is an awesome addition and given a choice of 2 protagonists is a nice addition too. However, I am looking forward to Egypt as IMO the Europe age of revolutions is getting stale (Britain / France).

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I'm surprised you aren't taken by Fallout4. It's the complete opposite of what I play and like but for whatever reason I just love the Fallout experience. AC is fun but in my opinion Fallout and Witcher are significantly better offerings than AC (at present).

I like Syndicate (though it feels very dumbed down from previous versions). The grappling hook is an awesome addition and given a choice of 2 protagonists is a nice addition too. However, I am looking forward to Egypt as IMO the Europe age of revolutions is getting stale (Britain / France).
    I haven't given Fallout a fair chance. I have a lot to learn and I find the flying bugs annoying. The Witcher 3 combat was too repetitive to enjoy for me. I'm in a gaming funk right now. Nothing is really compelling to me. I am busy with baseball and don't have as much time. Maybe I'm just getting old. Hopefully something interesting comes out. I enjoyed uc4.