Thread: Madden NFL 16 to Feature 'All-New Controls'?

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 16 to Feature 'All-New Controls'?

Continuing their annual tradition of revealing game features first via product listings, Gamestop has disclosed a one-line tease for Madden NFL 16 that alludes to a new control system within the passing game.

"Be the playmaker in Madden NFL 16 with all-new controls that allow you to dominate in the battle for air supremacy."

Early speculation by community members has some wondering if this could be alluding to a new and improved WR/DB interaction system. What do you think or hope these "all-new controls" entail?

My initial thought was exactly that - WR/DB interaction. But, who knows?

Vision Cone 2.0?

Maybe both?

I'm guessing possible passing cone as well or something similar. I recall discussions about it last year or year before if not mistaken

I'm think timing based passing. Hold L2 and hit a receiver button and you can throw it before the break and the receiver will still run the route instead of just continuing along their path (usually a streak). To me this could be a huge improvement over the current system. It could allow for tighter coverage as well.

Could be advanced WR controls but I'm hoping qb and some leading mechanic.

Don't see vision cone coming back. Remember the April Fools joke a few years back... vision cone 2.0. The forums went crazy. The team already said WR/DB interaction was to get focus (last year) so I'm sure this new control means that WR's will FIGHT for the ball and not be passive... of course the end result will probably mean the year of offense will be back big-time!

If it is WR control what kind of control or button system would they add that's different? I always assumed an improved WR/DB interaction system would be automatically done with new animations and AI and not necessarily require user input. That's why my money is on qb controls.

It's one button mode
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It's one button mode
    I hope Mascot Mode is added too

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I hope Mascot Mode is added too
    Until we get wind sock editor this game will never be elite status.

I think for the first time in a long time I'm skipping Madden . At first any ways and get it down the road. Stars Battlefront is looking sweet.

Without the college game, I'm like, whatever. M16 will more than likely be just a slight upgrade of M15 with a $60 price tag. Star Wars looks like a better investment. Either way, it's a Win-Win 4 EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbmik View Post
    Without the college game, I'm like, whatever. M16 will more than likely be just a slight upgrade of M15 with a $60 price tag. Star Wars looks like a better investment. Either way, it's a Win-Win 4 EA.
    Me too. My favorite part of the NFL season is the draft because it's all about the college players. I'm a far bigger NCAA fan than an NFL fan.

I'd be much more likely to get Madden, and I've been saying this for years, if they would take a page out of the NFL Head Coach game and give you the option of starting with Free Agency / The Draft. That was my favorite part of Head Coach.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud