Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront

• Facebook
  • Display
    Info on Blast Mode, Battlefront's Team Deathmatch mode.

Star Wars™ Battlefront’s™ Team Deathmatch mode, Blast, pits the Rebel and Imperial factions against each other with intense 10 versus 10 battles. If your team reaches 100 kills, or are ahead when the 10-minute round is over, you’ve won. Immediate, addictive, and exciting until the very last kill; that is our ambition with Blast.

Coming in early October to PS4, the Star Wars Battlefront Beta is a technical test and will feature Walker Assault on Hoth, a 40-player multiplayer battle featuring Rebels and the Empire. Walker Assault will also give you the chance to play as two of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars universe: Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. The Beta will also feature our Survival Mission on Tatooine, where you and a Rebel friend must fight back waves of Imperial forces.

In addition to those two modes, we are excited to reveal a brand-new mode that will be available in the Beta, Drop Zone. We’ll be sharing more details on Drop Zone in the weeks ahead.

As part of the Star Wars Battlefront Beta we are also happy to reveal the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience. Available during the Beta on the official site, the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience features the strategic card game Base Command, and lets you earn in-game Credits that unlock Star Cards, weapons, and more in Star Wars Battlefront.

Courtesy: PlayStation Blog

Holy shit is this game fun!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Holy shit is this game fun!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'll be streaming again here within an hour, probably sooner. Lots of fun to be had!

I posted my video of last night's streaming in Hand's codes thread, but I'll copy into here too.

------

Here's my hour and 41 minutes of Walker Assault from earlier. This was my first time really diving into the Beta and getting used to the mechanics and weapons, so I had LOTS of deaths.

The game is fun. I've mainly just watched my kids play but that 20 on 20 is fun. The different things you can do from normal soldiers to special weapons to flying. Saw someone else with Darth Vader once. How do you get that?

I have no idea how you get Darth Vader. I'll have to do some hunting, see if anyone has stumbled upon how t

About to start streaming some more.

http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1/

3 more hours of fun tonight. Got the video exporting to YouTube, I'll post here when done.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    3 more hours of fun tonight. Got the video exporting to YouTube, I'll post here when done.
    Enjoyed watching. I was on there for about an hour. Game looks fun and as good as advertised. I'm still cautiously optimistic but I don't see any real reason to not buy it, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Enjoyed watching. I was on there for about an hour. Game looks fun and as good as advertised. I'm still cautiously optimistic but I don't see any real reason to not buy it, at this point.
    Yeah, it's actually a pretty damn good game. Walker Assault needs a little work. Empire almost always wins guaranteed. The Rebels just don't have good enough weapons to bring down the AT-ATs consistently. It also sometimes feels like the Rebels weapons are a bit underpowered. It doesn't take too much for those playing on the side of the Empire to start pretty much taking control of the entire match.

Regardless, it's a lot of fun! Definitely on my day one purchase list of games.

For those who missed the stream earlier, here's all 3 hours in video.

A great mix of everything. Fighting on the ground as both rebel and empire, flying TIE Fighters, TIE Interceptors, A-Wings and X-Wings, driving AT-STs, and even periodically able to go around massacring as Luke Skywalker or force choking people as Darth Vader.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 10-08-2015 at 02:02 AM.

That was cool at 2:26 when you became Vader.

Yeah, the heroes seem to be random pickups on the map similar to the vehicles and other power ups. Just look for a pickup with a lightsaber sticking up through the middle. I was able to snag Vader a couple times and was Luke at least once. Really fun just destroying people with them! The force choke is especially pleasing to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That was cool at 2:26 when you became Vader.
    Yep I haven't seen or done it yet, but that is a cool touch where you can become Vader or Luke.
    The dude abides.

Trying to download the beta to give this a try and it says its going to be four hours.....

Probably a lot of traffic. It was much quicker two days ago.

This went from a wait and see to a must get right away.
    The dude abides.

Yeah you guys being so positive about it has me interested - I'm hoping to give it a whirl tonight.

My son got Luke a couple times. Do they auto block lasers or does he have to do something? He died pretty quick both times.