Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    My son got Luke a couple times. Do they auto block lasers or does he have to do something? He died pretty quick both times.
    It seems like the blocking is auto. There seems to be essentially a timer. When you first enter as the hero, you can see the life bar on the bottom depleting by 1 seemingly every second, maybe two. If you get into a crowded area where you're being shot by multiple people (or having grenades chucked at you), that bar drains that much faster.

Pretty much similar to when running around on the map as a regular rebel or stormtrooper, you don't want to go running into a mass of enemies because it'll just get you killed quicker. Find the quieter route or a flank and try and get them in a groups of 1-3 and decimate them that way.

Played a bit and I can see why guys like it - but not sure its my cup of tea. I liked the 3rd person view but unless I play with a group of guys I know on the mic I don't think I'll like it that much.

Thanks smooth. I've got to play some of this myself too. The kids are really enjoying it. I have it pre-ordered through an e3 deal for just over $50 after tax. That's major savings over here with our weak dollar.

Thanks smooth. I've got to play some of this myself too. The kids are really enjoying it. I have it pre-ordered through an e3 deal for just over $50 after tax. That's major savings over here with our weak dollar.
    If I were a betting man I'd bet the Canadian $ comes back strong in 2016 as America goes into another deep recession - so just have some patience.

Especially if the teabagger douchebags manage any further of a grip in Washington.

Both major American political parties are the 'Dark Side' - looking to expand their control, taking hard-earned money from all of us, all the while pretending they have 'the Force' to "solve" the problems they themselves have created. The real problem are too many droids who believe the major parties are not two sides of the same Death Star.

With that, let's keep political talk out of here. This game is too good and too much fun to soil it with talk of the guv'mint.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Both major American political parties are the 'Dark Side' - looking to expand their control, taking hard-earned money from all of us, all the while pretending they have 'the Force' to "solve" the problems they themselves have created. The real problem are too many droids who believe the major parties are not two sides of the same Death Star.

With that, let's keep political talk out of here. This game is too good and too much fun to soil it with talk of the guv'mint.
    My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    If I were a betting man I'd bet the Canadian $ comes back strong in 2016 as America goes into another deep recession - so just have some patience.
    Our dollar is heavily dependant on the price of oil. The low price of oil means we have a low dollar. It helps my wallet but Alberta is getting hammered by this.

My son and I have really enjoyed the Beta. This is an easy buy and a game I can see getting some good usage out of.

I would have liked a higher powered scope maybe but no real complaints on the beta.

The beta's been extended to Tuesday the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    My son and I have really enjoyed the Beta. This is an easy buy and a game I can see getting some good usage out of.

I would have liked a higher powered scope maybe but no real complaints on the beta.
    Okay... so I am going to be "that guy" ...

Visuals... outstanding!
    Voice acting.. well done!
    Star Wars experience... truly excellent!
    Online speed/stability, etc. ... no complaints

And all that being said... without a campaign mode, what is the point? I just cannot see playing this game without a campaign. Don't get me wrong, the "shoot em up" online experience can be very enjoyable but why oh why would this game not have a campaign and story mode???

Ok, I see your point with the story mode and campaign but I think most games are gearing towards this style. Right or wrong it clearly is a pattern imo.

EA Visceral is working on a Star Wars campaign game, so I think that is why there isn't one in this game.

EA Visceral is working on a Star Wars campaign game, so I think that is why there isn't one in this game.

The ultimate campaign would be to take The Force Unleashed gameplay, with Knights of the Old Republic storyline. If they did something like that, holy shit!

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Ok, I see your point with the story mode and campaign but I think most games are gearing towards this style. Right or wrong it clearly is a pattern imo.
    Yeah I get what you're saying. The H1Z1's and the DAYZ style of gameplay is here to stay. My personal preference is always story first though I understand that I am no longer the target audience for video games (pref. offline single player). As they say, "it is what it is."

Interesting. I guess it will follow along the lines of the new movie?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Okay... so I am going to be "that guy" ...

Visuals... outstanding!
    Voice acting.. well done!
    Star Wars experience... truly excellent!
    Online speed/stability, etc. ... no complaints

And all that being said... without a campaign mode, what is the point? I just cannot see playing this game without a campaign. Don't get me wrong, the "shoot em up" online experience can be very enjoyable but why oh why would this game not have a campaign and story mode???
    I agree Jaymo. I gave it a whirl this weekend a bit and I just couldn't get into it. Solid graphics and online play was fine but with no communication between the teams what is the point. I just felt like I was running around aimlessly trying to get the high score (of course I never came close) and there is no real sense of team like there should be in a Rebels v. Empire gun fight.

I probably won't even rent this one as I'm just not into online only shooters with no story and very little actual teamwork involved in the online play.

Most shooters have a campaign that barely takes a couple play sessions to beat, so I don't get the big deal about not having one. The original Battlefront didn't have one IIRC.
    The dude abides.

I like offline campaigns but these are games like Destiny where you only get your money if you play online. And they do have offline missions. They just aren't strung together to be a campaign. It's the new era.

I like offline campaigns but these are games like Destiny where you only get your money if you play online. And they do have offline missions. They just aren't strung together to be a campaign. It's the new era.
    Destiny I play a shit-ton offline to farm for material to upgrade or progress through the ranks with doing bounties.

As for online on Destiny, that is the game I kick the most ass in regarding k/d
    The dude abides.