Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I didn't pre-order but I have the Ultimate Edition (or whatever the $119 version is called). I'm not sure if I will have to wait til the 8th or not.
    I pre-ordered through Amazon and was e-mailed a code for the Jakku (Off) DLC. I entered it in today and I think it was just a disc unlock as nothing downloaded. (Assuming that once servers activate map it will show up in-game.)

I tried looking to see if the Ultimate Edition included it, but it's not clear. It only mentions the Season Pass being included. An article on the DLC on the official site says it's available 12/1 only for those who pre-ordered.

Here is the new mode:

Turning Point is a vast Star Wars Battlefront game mode for 40 players, included in The Battle of Jakku. This mode portrays the efforts of the Rebel Alliance to defeat the Empire following the Battle of Endor. Lead Level Designer Dennis Brännvall explains:

“At the edge of the map, the Empire has constructed a make-shift base as well as smaller fortifications strewn across the landscape. Following an emergency landing, the Rebels need to locate the enemy bases to attack and take control of them all.”

What are the rules of Turning Point?

Rebels need to locate and capture one of three control points in Imperial control. The clock is ticking, but if the Rebel team succeeds with a capture additional time will be added and new control points will be available for capture. Moving through these increasingly challenging checkpoints, the ultimate goal is the Empire’s base where the final stand will take place.

What kinds of vehicles will be featured in Turning Point?

Since the starfighters are occupied in the battle above or simply destroyed, we wanted to highlight airspeeders and AT-STs in this mode. In contrast to its role in Walker Assault or Supremacy, the AT-ST is a slightly more defensive vehicle in this mode. Piloting it, you will need to move between areas a lot to meet the Rebel assault. If you’re in an airspeeder on the other hand, you’ll be on the offence, giving supportive fire to your Rebel team mates.

I thought I had read that there's an update coming that will include more cards, weapons, customization, etc. I assumed that would be tomorrow, but maybe not.

Excellent!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Looking forward to this new map/mode. Sounds interesting, especially if we can get a crew together to work together again.

Any night this week will be tough for me with getting up at 5am every morning, but I should be around Saturday night.

Busy week for me. Wednesday is a maybe then not again until maybe Sunday.

The dude abides.

Just downloaded version 1.03.

Looks like it addresses bugs, physics and done stability as well as some HUD UI adjustments.

The Jakku content is a separate download as well at 1.5 GB.

Was hoping for a little more in the content update, however this could be a game where updates come frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

Was hoping for a little more in the content update, however this could be a game where updates come frequently.
    From what I can tell, Jakku is NOT available to me until the 8th. Kinda sucks but not a big deal really.

I wish this was played in between matches....

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

I got the code as a preorder and put it in when we got the game and nothing downloaded. Now there is still nothing so it's annoying but my kids will live. Have no idea if I can get it early anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I got the code as a preorder and put it in when we got the game and nothing downloaded. Now there is still nothing so it's annoying but my kids will live. Have no idea if I can get it early anymore.
    Try going into the game, go to MULTILAYER and go all the way to the bottom of the screen where you choose the game type (Blast, Cargo, etc.). There is a placeholder for Jakku there and, if you click on it, it will take you to the PlayStation Store.

Maybe you can try your code there?

Mine did the same thing.

The dude abides.

I found the download in the store for free by going into new add-ons.

The dude abides.

OK I will try those options guys.

I went to the multilayer screen and I'm locked out of that. Go to store and I can find it under new addons but says I don't have the incentive. Try to reenter my code and it says it's already used. Stupid.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-01-2015 at 11:07 PM.

OK I will try those options guys.

I went to the multilayer screen and I'm locked out of that. Go to store and I can find it under new addons but says I don't have the incentive. Try to reenter my code and it says it's already used. Stupid.
    I'm assuming you bought a disc.

I would contact whoever you bought the disc from and see if they can get you another code. If that fails, I'd attempt to contact EA for one.

I am bugging EA on Twitter. If I don't get a code then I'll just wait. In 6 days everyone will have it anyway.

I am bugging EA on Twitter. If I don't get a code then I'll just wait. In 6 days everyone will have it anyway.
    If you contact the retailer, they should be able to give you another code.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    If you contact the retailer, they should be able to give you another code.
    Sent Amazon an email through their contact center earlier today. But then just now I had a thought that turned out to be true. I had entered the code under my sons account. So I went through the steps Chris and you had mentioned and Jakku was available to download through his psn id. Kind of dumb how it didn't auto download for either of us and that it blocked me completely but started the download!

Sent Amazon an email through their contact center earlier today. But then just now I had a thought that turned out to be true. I had entered the code under my sons account. So I went through the steps Chris and you had mentioned and Jakku was available to download through his psn id. Kind of dumb how it didn't auto download for either of us and that it blocked me completely but started the download!
    Glad you got in, buddy. Would have been BS to see you get left out over some technical error.