Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront

• Facebook
  • Display

Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars Battlefront Playable First on Xbox One, Exec Claims
    DICE-developed shooter likely available via EA Access; Reveal trailer set to air on Friday.

- Star Wars Battlefront, EA's first-person shooter due for release in late 2015, will be playable first on Xbox One, according to a Microsoft executive. Aaron Greenberg, who leads Microsoft's games marketing division, told a fan on Twitter that the game would be accessible on Xbox One before it ships on PlayStation 4 and PC.

Quite how the Star Wars title will come first to Xbox One was not explained by Greenberg, though the most likely outcome is that the project will be available a few days early for EA Access members.

- A build of the game is also expected to be showcased at a Star Wars Celebration event this week in California. Those who attend "will have a chance to see gameplay behind closed doors during the show at our official booth along with a few other activities starting that Friday," according to EA.

Courtesy: GameSpot

Stoked that it'll be on EA Access!
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Stoked that it'll be on EA Access!
    The way I have heard/read it - it will be on EA Access for a limited time then pulled - sort of a "free" preview.

No campaign and I'm out. Sorry I'm just not into Titan Fall only type games

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Seems like a strange design decision for sure.

From what I've read, the first original Battlefront (haven't played it in years and years) didn't have an actual campaign either, but rather focused on the large battles. An actual campaign (and battles in space) didn't actually arrive until Battlefront II.

From the sounds of it, from the developers themselves, they're trying to keep this game in the spirit of the first Battlefront (hence nothing from the prequel trilogy).

If they make a Battlefront II in a couple years, they'll probably bring in the events from the prequel trilogy and include space battles after they know what works and what doesn't work and what they have to change from this first game.

#TheScriptIsDead

That trailer was gorgeous.

Yea that trailer was sick! I can't wait for November if I only get one game on the fall this is it. No madden no call of Duty. I'm sold on this game. I thought I was watching a movie for a second.

Not a Star Wars fan, but the game does interest me. No campaign is a bummer, but the type and quality of co-op missions and online play could still make this a potential purchase down the line. The trailer looked great and it seems like they nailed the look and feel of the movies.

I played both the original Battlefront and Battlefront II games, so I am very much looking forward to this game.

That said, this game has got me missing those first two games so bad, I'm looking to pick them up online again, either the old original Xbox games that I can use on 360, or get PS2 versions and just hook my PS2 back up.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Not a Star Wars fan, but the game does interest me. No campaign is a bummer, but the type and quality of co-op missions and online play could still make this a potential purchase down the line. The trailer looked great and it seems like they nailed the look and feel of the movies.
    Pretty much the same thing I was thinking.

The only Star Wars I ever watched completely was the original. It does not interest me in the least. This game, however, has earned a spot on my radar with that trailer.

I just can't get into FPS. Is the Division the only shooter coming out in third person?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Pretty much the same thing I was thinking.

The only Star Wars I ever watched completely was the original. It does not interest me in the least. This game, however, has earned a spot on my radar with that trailer.
    In college some friends and I decided to watch one of the 'new' Star Wars. All I remember is a lot of desert scenes and then falling asleep for the rest of the movie. I know the plot points (who doesn't?), but I'm not sure I've seen more than a few minutes from the original movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I just can't get into FPS. Is the Division the only shooter coming out in third person?
    I don't know about The Division, but Amazon's Battlefront product listing says that you can "seamlessly swap between 1st person and 3rd person views."

Nice! I prefer 3PS too!

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Seems like a strange design decision for sure.
    I believe that is how all Battlefront games were.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    In college some friends and I decided to watch one of the 'new' Star Wars. All I remember is a lot of desert scenes and then falling asleep for the rest of the movie. I know the plot points (who doesn't?), but I'm not sure I've seen more than a few minutes from the original movies.

I don't know about The Division, but Amazon's Battlefront product listing says that you can "seamlessly swap between 1st person and 3rd person views."
    That would be fantastic if you could choose your point of view.

Dev Diary #1: