Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2

• Facebook
  • Display

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2

Hell yeah!!!!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...this-fall.aspx

Telltale’s The Walking Dead Season Two On Track For Release This Fall

Rumors swirled today about the release window for Season Two of Telltale’s The Walking Dead. It sparked after Eurogamer's interview with Telltale CEO Dan Connors after The Walking Dead Season One was awarded the Best Story BAFTA Game Award. When asked about the release of the next season of The Walking Dead, according to Eurogamer, Dan Connors responded, “We’re aiming for fall of next year.” This made it seem like it was releasing in fall of 2014.

We reached out to Telltale Games to get confirmation if we’d really have to wait that long to see the fate of our favorite characters. Telltale responded with the following statement:

"The current estimated release window for Season Two of The Walking Dead is for fall of ‘this’ year (2013), and not ‘next’ year (2014) as has been reported after a recent interview. We apologize for any confusion and thank you and all of our fans for your continued excitement for Telltale’s series."

I’m sure fans of The Walking Dead all just breathed a sigh of relief; after all, season one ended with some lingering questions and we just can’t wait that long to see what happens at the top of that hill.

Sounds good to me.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Woot!

Can't wait. Easy day one buy.

Before Season Two, "400 Days" DLC for Season One expected.

http://kotaku.com/heres-your-first-l...days-512594868

Available this summer, The Walking Dead: 400 Days will be available for purchase on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation Network, as an in-app purchase for compatible iOS devices, and on PC and Mac from the Telltale Online Store and other digital outlets.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days chronicles the horrific aftermath of the undead outbreak through the eyes of five new characters as they struggle to survive the first 400 days of the apocalypse. Playable in any order, the five connected short stories are centered in and around a Georgia truck stop, where players will be thrust into horrifying situations that will test their morals and control the flow of the story through their decisions and actions.

The Walking Dead: Season One is coming to the PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system and will include The Walking Dead: 400 Days. Featuring hybrid touch controls unique to PS Vita, fans can now take the apocalypse on the road and enjoy the entirety of Season One in one package.

Have they said anything on cost? I'm guessing, on 360, it'll probably be 1200 to 1600 MSP.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Have they said anything on cost? I'm guessing, on 360, it'll probably be 1200 to 1600 MSP.
    IIRC they were $5 a piece or $20 for the whole deal.

400 Days add on costs $5 and releases:

Tuesday, July 2nd – PlayStation Network (North America)
    Wednesday, July 3rd – PC/Mac (Steam, Telltale Games Store)
    Friday, July 5th – Xbox Live (Worldwide)
    Wednesday, July 10th – PlayStation Network (Europe)
    Thursday, July 11th – iOS (Worldwide)

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    400 Days add on costs $5 and releases:

Tuesday, July 2nd – PlayStation Network (North America)
    Wednesday, July 3rd – PC/Mac (Steam, Telltale Games Store)
    Friday, July 5th – Xbox Live (Worldwide)
    Wednesday, July 10th – PlayStation Network (Europe)
    Thursday, July 11th – iOS (Worldwide)

Wow. Why did they take so long to announce it?! Guess I'll have to buy that now.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Wow. Why did they take so long to announce it?! Guess I'll have to buy that now.
    What do you mean why did they take so long to announce?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    What do you mean why did they take so long to announce?
    I knew it was coming, but didn't know when. This is the first time I've heard shit about when it's coming out and it's coming out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I knew it was coming, but didn't know when. This is the first time I've heard shit about when it's coming out and it's coming out tomorrow.
    Yeah they just said Summer around E3, and that was it. Just like Season 2 is in the fall. They'll probably do the same thing

I finally got around to playing 400 Days. Damn, The Walking Dead is such a good game. I'd day 1 Season 2 but there's no way I'd be able to play an episode and wait an entire month for the next. I'll have to wait until all the episodes are released.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I finally got around to playing 400 Days. Damn, The Walking Dead is such a good game. I'd day 1 Season 2 but there's no way I'd be able to play an episode and wait an entire month for the next. I'll have to wait until all the episodes are released.
    Yep, same here. I got Walking Dead after all five episodes had already come out. Sat there the week I bought it playing one episode a night over five nights. It was a damn good game, damn good story. I hate cliffhangers so damn much on TV (one of my favorite TV shows, 24, used cliffhangers all the damn time), so I definitely don't want to put up with the waiting for a new episode to come out for season 2 of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I still haven't gotten around to 400 Days yet.

I wonder if season two will be on PS4.
    The dude abides.

The Walking Dead Season 2 - Telltale Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I still haven't gotten around to 400 Days yet.
    It's good. It's 5 short stories and depending on your decisions, your epilogue chapter afterwards will differ.

Here we go:

From Sony:

We can confirm today that The Walking Dead: Season Two – A Telltale Games Series continues Clementine’s story. Not only will you see Clem again, you’ll actually be playing as her, struggling to outwit both the dead and the living in situations that will test your morals and shape the flow of the story through your decisions and actions.

Not familiar with Clementine? She’s a young girl orphaned at the outset of the undead apocalypse, and in Season Two, she’s now left to her own devices to seek safety and survive. Her story starts in the first season of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series. If you want to get caught up on where it all began before playing the sequel, you can start by downloading the first episode of Season One FREE for PlayStation 3 on PSN right now!

The Walking Dead: Season Two – A Telltale Games Series will consist of five episodes that will release for digital download over the course of the season, expected to premiere this year and conclude in 2014. You’ll be able to purchase episodes individually as they release for PS3 and PS Vita via PSN, or get the season pass for the best value.

Even more news on The Walking Dead front! This November, we’ll be releasing a special Game of the Year edition of Season One for PS3.
    The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series – Game of the Year Edition will include all five episodes of the award-winning series, the DLC episode ’400 Days’, and access to the series’ original score and exclusive behind the scenes video. You can preorder it right now at retailers in North America for $29.99.

Not long now ’til we kick off a new season of tough choices and life-or-death decisions! Stay tuned for more details coming very soon, including a more formal release date for the season premiere. We can’t wait to share the journey with you, our fellow survivors!
    Last edited by cdj; 10-29-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Disappointing... I was expecting something more than "Coming Soon..."