Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 MLB Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

2015 MLB Season Talk

The season starts Sunday!
    The dude abides.

Following in the footsteps of the #1 pick of 2014, the potential #1 pick for the 2015 draft is having Tommy John surgery as well...

http://www.lonestarball.com/2015/4/1...mlb-draft-2015
    The dude abides.

For anyone who has followed my Astros Franchise on The Show, this should not be 'surprising'.

http://m.astros.mlb.com/news/article...stros-rotation

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    For anyone who has followed my Astros Franchise on The Show, this should not be 'surprising'.

http://m.astros.mlb.com/news/article...stros-rotation
    Gonna have to keep an eye on him. Houston pitchers have been pretty good lately in fantasy baseball.
    The dude abides.

The Astros scratched out a 2-0 win over Cleveland in their opener tonight. Always good when you can beat the AL Cy Young winner. Hopefully, Houston can crack 80 wins this year.

I'm really happy that the Astros have moved to Root Sports this year. For the last few years they have been on Comcast Sports Network and you had to be a Comcast subscriber to get the games.

That meant that most of Houston (myself included since I have AT&T) could not watch the Astros. Hell, you couldn't even go to a bar and watch them because bars have DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket. It's pitiful how little I've got to see the Astros play the last couple of years and I'm pumped to have the ability to watch them again.

I'm really happy that the Astros have moved to Root Sports this year. For the last few years they have been on Comcast Sports Network and you had to be a Comcast subscriber to get the games.

That meant that most of Houston (myself included since I have AT&T) could not watch the Astros. Hell, you couldn't even go to a bar and watch them because bars have DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket. It's pitiful how little I've got to see the Astros play the last couple of years and I'm pumped to have the ability to watch them again.
    Asher Wojo pitching this afternoon. I'm going to catch a glimpse of him on MLB.TV today.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Asher Wojo pitching this afternoon. I'm going to catch a glimpse of him on MLB.TV today.
    Yeah. I'm going to tune in too.
    Watched the Indians turn the tables on Houston with a 2-0 win of their own last night. It would be big for the Astros to take the series today.

Wojciechowski just got lifted with 2 on in the 5th. He's already allowed 4 runs including a pair of solo homers. Rough outing.

Also, the Astros have struck out 29 times this season through 4 innings today. 46% of their outs have been Ks.

Deduno came on for Wojciechowski in the 5th and stranded the 2 runners he inherited so Wojciechowski will finish with 4 innings having allowed 4 runs on 8 hits with 2 strikeouts and 2 walks.

Not what I was looking for for Asher.
    The dude abides.

Not what I was looking for for Asher.
    No. It's not.

But, just his debut. Maybe things will improve since he got that out of the way.

Bauer pulled after 6 innings of no-hit ball, but 111 pitches.
    The dude abides.

Matt Harvey had some electric stuff in his first outing in 20 months after Tommy John.
    The dude abides.

Breaking: Indians lose combined no-hit bid with 1 out in 9th on HR by Astros SS Jed Lowrie off reliever Nick Hagadone.

The Astros ended with just the one hit. They were hitting .127 before this game.

With a tired bullpen, Wojciechowski pitched multiple innings in relief tonight. This on the eve of what was to be his second start. AJ Hinch just said that Brad Peacock will start tomorrow. Peacock is just coming off the DL so I think Wojciechowski is headed to AAA.

For the last few years they have been on Comcast Sports Network and you had to be a Comcast subscriber to get the games.
    That's really strange. Comcast Sports Net is where the Nationals are in DC, but it's not exclusive to Comcast by any means.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    That's really strange. Comcast Sports Net is where the Nationals are in DC, but it's not exclusive to Comcast by any means.
    Yeah. Comcast was trying to gouge the other providers to carry CSN. The other providers called their bluff and Comcast found out that Houstonians generally don't care enough about the Astros and Rockets to switch providers.

With a tired bullpen, Wojciechowski pitched multiple innings in relief tonight. This on the eve of what was to be his second start. AJ Hinch just said that Brad Peacock will start tomorrow. Peacock is just coming off the DL so I think Wojciechowski is headed to AAA.
    Yeah I dropped him in the one league I had him in. I'll always keep an eye on him though because I think he's got stellar stuff. It just takes time with some guys.
    The dude abides.

Yeah I dropped him in the one league I had him in. I'll always keep an eye on him though because I think he's got stellar stuff. It just takes time with some guys.
    He was great last night. 4 shutout innings.