Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 MLB Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I base my vote on performance on the field, I had zero KC players starting.
    Exactly as it should be. But because Kansas City went to the World Series last year (which I was happy to see them go over the Orioles and wanted to see them beat the Giants), apparently that means the whole fucking team needs to start the All-Star game in the minds of KC fans.

The whole Infante bullshit is just the final nail in the coffin for me. The whole All-Star voting system is officially a steaming pile of shit if Infante can be voted to the top of the list at second base. He one of the worst goddamn hitters in ALL of the American League, hell, maybe all of MLB. And of course, while the KC players may acknowledge that they don't deserve to be starting or even going to the All Star game, well, like hell they'll grow the balls and man up enough to decline the roster spot. Nope, they'll admit they shouldn't be there but then sit there accepting the spot on the starting roster with a smile on their face.

I hope to god MLB completely overhauls the system from here on forward. Either make the fan vote no more than worth 50% of the actual vote, with players vote worth 25% and then either some system that takes into account that season's stats or a panel of former players/coaches that vote based solely on stats of that season worth 25%, or make the players vote worth 50% with the fan vote dropped down to worth 25% or whatever. But something MUST change.

Fan makes great one-handed catch at Cubs game while bottle-feeding baby http://es.pn/1Goumz1
    *-via ESPN http://es.pn/app

Wonder if his child got hurt if he would have sued? or been able to anyway.

That was going to be an out too it appeared

edit: disregard last statement, forgot interference is a rule now and it was an out anyway...I don't watch Baseball lol

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Exactly as it should be. But because Kansas City went to the World Series last year (which I was happy to see them go over the Orioles and wanted to see them beat the Giants), apparently that means the whole fucking team needs to start the All-Star game in the minds of KC fans.

The whole Infante bullshit is just the final nail in the coffin for me. The whole All-Star voting system is officially a steaming pile of shit if Infante can be voted to the top of the list at second base. He one of the worst goddamn hitters in ALL of the American League, hell, maybe all of MLB. And of course, while the KC players may acknowledge that they don't deserve to be starting or even going to the All Star game, well, like hell they'll grow the balls and man up enough to decline the roster spot. Nope, they'll admit they shouldn't be there but then sit there accepting the spot on the starting roster with a smile on their face.

I hope to god MLB completely overhauls the system from here on forward. Either make the fan vote no more than worth 50% of the actual vote, with players vote worth 25% and then either some system that takes into account that season's stats or a panel of former players/coaches that vote based solely on stats of that season worth 25%, or make the players vote worth 50% with the fan vote dropped down to worth 25% or whatever. But something MUST change.
    The MLB ASG system has been bullshit for years. It just took somebody using it in a completely legitimate within the process (but stupid and illegitimate within logic) way to make it obvious that it needs overhauled.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The MLB ASG system has been bullshit for years. It just took somebody using it in a completely legitimate within the process (but stupid and illegitimate within logic) way to make it obvious that it needs overhauled.
    Also, I love that we now have a perfect example to use against anyone who tries to claim that we should be able to vote in local and national elections online.

My opinion of All-Star games, regardless of sport, has remained the same since I was about 12.

The teams should be selected but there should be no game. The games are boring, uncompetitive and lame. The dunk/skills/derby bullshit is way past it's sell by date.

All of that said, yeah, good job Major League Baseball.

steeler, in all the press about Ground Control, I came across this Bloomberg article. It's been in my tabs for a while so I may not be remembering, but I don't think it was posted here

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles...ets-data-reign

My updated MLB ASG starters vote....note to the cheating KC fans, still no KC players listed....

My first ballot for comparison:

Spoiler: show
    The dude abides.

I think I had 7 of those on my NL ballot. Not including Altuve is an abomination.

By the way, George Springer was put on the 15-day DL with a fractured wrist. He will be out 6 weeks, possibly even until September.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I think I had 7 of those on my NL ballot. Not including Altuve is an abomination.
    Dozier: .268 16 HR 40 RBI 61 R
    Altuve: .298 7 HR 33 RBI 38 R

Not really an abomination...
    The dude abides.

Altuve has 23 steals, Dozier 7. Not to mention Altuve is better in the field. You're too caught up with power numbers.

Altuve has 23 steals, Dozier 7. Not to mention Altuve is better in the field. You're too caught up with power numbers.
    23 more runs scored isn't a power statistic
    The dude abides.

23 more runs scored isn't a power statistic
    No but a few more HR and RBI don't make up for 30 points on the batting average, stolen bases and fielding.

No but a few more HR and RBI don't make up for 30 points on the batting average, stolen bases and fielding.
    Pot-A-toe, Po-TAHHH-toe.

Run production is much better for Dozier.
    The dude abides.

Pot-A-toe, Po-TAHHH-toe.

Run production is much better for Dozier.
    Who the fuck says "Po-TAHHH-toe"?

Who the fuck says "Po-TAHHH-toe"?
    Not sure, probably
    The dude abides.

There is a God!

Baseball fantasy junkies. Would you trade Matt Harvey for Edinson Volquez and Fransisco Liriano? (Keeper league). I'm in the hunt for big money and my SP rotation is hurting.
    I have Lynn, Gray and Harvey basically carrying the load.
    I have Minor, Wheeler and Williams Parez on the DL. Dickey and Vogelsong are on the bench because they suck.
    If I can add two very reliable SP's I think I have a shot to get in the top 2 or 3 and earn some money.

The problem is, with it being a keeper league (can keep up to 6 players), losing Harvey would hurt. I think he'll rebound next year and be the ace he should be.
    But I'm tempted to win now and hope that Wheeler, Minor and Gray can carry me next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Baseball fantasy junkies. Would you trade Matt Harvey for Edinson Volquez and Fransisco Liriano? (Keeper league). I'm in the hunt for big money and my SP rotation is hurting.
    I have Lynn, Gray and Harvey basically carrying the load.
    I have Minor, Wheeler and Williams Parez on the DL. Dickey and Vogelsong are on the bench because they suck.
    If I can add two very reliable SP's I think I have a shot to get in the top 2 or 3 and earn some money.

The problem is, with it being a keeper league (can keep up to 6 players), losing Harvey would hurt. I think he'll rebound next year and be the ace he should be.
    But I'm tempted to win now and hope that Wheeler, Minor and Gray can carry me next season.
    Keeper league, hell no.
    The dude abides.