Thread: Submit Your PGA Tour General Questions (By EOD 3/11)

• Facebook
  • Display

Exclamation Submit Your PGA Tour General Questions (By EOD 3/11)

Hey fellas, here is something I need by the end of the day today (Wednesday, March 11).

From the EA SPORTS PGA TOUR team: We are looking for general questions that you have in regards to the upcoming PGA title as EA is looking to get a collection of top questions from the community.

I have already passed a few on such as:

• The biggest worry is will this be a bare bones game like NHL was. That was disastrous for NHL where so many top features were not in the Gen 4, especially with a year off.
    • The course creator was a big seller for Golf Club, and the general public will want to know if this is a reality in EA's PGA game finally.
    • Will the gameplay be radically changed for the current generation of consoles?
    • Many were disappointed with the support post-launch, will this be better with PGA Tour?

Please post any others here and I'll send them along today.
    Last edited by cdj; 03-11-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    The dude abides.

Online Career Mode??????

- Will we still be able to create a golfer in our own likeness? If so, how will that work?

- What kind of new social features can we expect? And how will/has the new console generation helped in developing them?

- What is the most extreme in-game/course transition/effect we can expect to see thanks to the Frostbite engine? (Aside from a battleship coming ashore.)

-Will there be real life manufactures (Titleist, Nike, Callaway, Odyssey, Under Armour (clothing), etc...)?

-will there be a Move compatible (PS4) or Kinetic (Xbox 1) feature so we can swing a club?

-will we be able to chip with a 3-wood or hybrid? Like bump n run from the fringe?

-will we be able to to choke down on the clubs like in older versions? i.e. 1/2 and 3/4 swings?

-will there be a camera angle that allows us to read the putt from all angles? i.e. as if you're walking about the hole to read the green?

-will there be golf bags in the game? I think it's nice how The Golf Club shows a set of clubs on the tee-box, if we pan out it would be cool to see the player (amateur carrying their clubs or using a push/pull cart) or pro have a caddie carrying his/hers.

-will there be a built in yardage book? This way we can play for distances or lay-up shots?

-will there be a pin location sheet? Or color coded flags, i.e. red/white/blue for front/middle/back pin locations? This way when we play on super hard difficulty levels and can't zoom in, we still can have an idea of where the pin is located?

-will the flag and trees accurately portray the wind direction and strength?

-will there be an option to build a user-player handicap index that will take course slope and rating into account?

-will there be a Ryder Cup option?

-will there be a career mode that will be harder to make it to the PGA Tour, in the past you win 1 amateur event and you earn you card, it would be better if it was harder.

-will there be club workshop where we can alter our clubs i.e. bend clubs lie and loft to make them stronger/weaker, re-shaft, re-grip etc..?

-it would be cool if it's starts raining if we could keep playing, put on rain gear and/or show them walking down the fairway with their umbrella.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 03-11-2015 at 03:50 PM.

When you put the disc in, will you actually get NCAA Football 16?

#TheScriptIsDead

Not sure if end of the day was EOD workday or midnight but here's the questions I had...

What separates PGA TOUR apart from the Tiger Woods golf games? (ie, is it more of the same with shiny graphics?)
    With The Golf Club having a course designer and thus free DLC courses, how will EA approach DLC courses on PGA Tour?
    If there is an online league/career mode, what kind of options are there for the commissioner when setting it up?
    I'll echo the question about handicap system... if JB is a scratch golfer and I'm a 10 handicap, will there be systems in place to level the playing field?
    On a similar note, assuming there's a player-progression system, how do you handle the fact that the more a user plays, not only are they building their golfer into a stronger player, they're also getting better at the game itself? (it's probably poorly worded so you can scratch that one if you don't like it)
    What kind of post-launch support can we expect? TGC has set the bar very high in that department.
    Is there any kind of Ultimate Team mode in PGA TOUR?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    When you put the disc in, will you actually get NCAA Football 16?

#TheScriptIsDead
    The only question that matters

From JayGaming901 on Twitter:

- With the feature we saw with Naval Strike it got a whole lot of people thinking you guys aren't going to strictly focus on Sim Golf gameplay, and more arcade style. Are you still sticking to making the best Golf Simulation?

- Online Career mode?

- Any new online game modes?

- Will there be any system built in to cut out all the online cheaters with ridiculous scores?

Pretty much all questions that I may have had have already been brought up here. Good questions guys. Hopefully we can get some good, clear, truly open and up front answers from the guys. Too much these days all these game companies give you the vague run around BS.

#TheScriptIsDead

JB hit my main concern. Post product support.

Upon further reflection. ...will sim mode return as this was by far t he best innovation in the game and was extremely fun until the first patch wrecked the game. Will country clubs return? Will they be fleshed out more to provide an online tour for your club? If so, will the stats finally work? I would gladly trade my battleships for these working features.

Will the Augusta National Golf Club return?

Thanks guys I passed everything on to the team. This is for an upcoming FAQ document. No ETA on that yet though.
    The dude abides.

I wonder why? What is the thought process? Is this so they can come up with neat/cool teasers for the advertisement?

"New FEATURE! Coming Soon...."

"New Game Modes, like never before..."

"Return of the Country Club...etc..."

I mean looking back at the questions we're asking, a lot of them are things that either are already in the game or should have been asked long before (like 2 years ago when they said they were taking a "design break"), this game was tentatively scheduled to be released this spring, i.e. now...now it's pushed back they aren't saying why....if they are really going to re program the game and add a bunch of new features are we really supposed to believe with EA's track record that they can do it in a month or two? (and it will work?) No WAY!

I don't understand where they went wrong. I understand it's a video game and people will always find the glitches or issues/loop holes in the programming to take advantage of the A.I. but how hard is it to make a simulation golf game?

I do understand they are trying to make a game that is marketed towards everyone, I've learned you can't please EVERYONE, so why not make a cartoon golf game that allows you do all the wild arcade stuff and then make a separate game that is truly sim. Hell I might pay full price for both!

Back in the day when EA made PGA Tour II for the Sega Genesis people could not shoot -50 under through 4 rounds on the hardest level. They could not break the game. In real life, you cannot hit a hole in 1 on every par 3, eagle every par 4 and albatross every par 5. Eagles and holes in one are rare, Albatross are very rare in real life, on the video game they happen WAY TOO OFTEN.

I thought PGA TOUR II was a great game, it was hard, but it was like real golf. Why can't they make a game like that? One with true sim golf, real shots with great graphics but no arcade style stuff?

Even The Golf Club people have learned how to beat the A.I. I've signed up for the tour, somehow after only playing 6 rounds of golf my handicap is too good to qualify for the amateur events....the silly thing is I'm a +3.2 handicap on the game. So I play in Pro level events, shoot my 67-72 while the other people playing shoot in the 40-50s. I have absolutely no chance of winning, my 4 round total will be something like -10 under while the winner will be -65 under.

I've never seen a PGA event where the winner shoots -60 under. How is that Sim golf?

It seems like what is lacking is a true golf game. Why does EA go the arcade route in golf but not in FIFA, or NHL, or Madden, or Boxing, etc??? On Madden I can't make my RB jump 40' in the air, or on FIFA I can't make a 400' tall goalie that has arms that can stop every shot, why on golf games do they make it un-realistic? Why do they allow you to do things to the ball after it's been hit? Why do they allow you to hit 350+ yard drives?

I think it would be cool to have 2 sides of the golf game, maybe one side for the non-sim players let them shoot the -65 under, let them do all the crazy Non golf stuff.

Then make another side that is real. That way it will cater to both sides and they will still make their money selling the game.

In the end I'd like to know how many people play the non-sim style golf over and over? What is the replay value to them? Once they crush the game by -90 do they stop playing it? Me on the other hand, if it's hard and I can come out and shoot even par or a few under each time, I'm close maybe finish in the top 30 each week of the tour, win a few tournaments here and there then to me I'll keep coming back, I'd play the heck out of it.

Same thing on Madden I'd be bored if I played the CPU and won 300 - 0 every time. I want a realistic golf game.

.....steps off soap box....