Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band 4 (PS4, XB1) - 2015

• Facebook
  • Display

Rock Band 4 (PS4, XB1) - 2015

Harmonix is excited to announce that it is teaming up with Mad Catz to bring Rock Band™ 4, the next generation of the award-winning social and interactive music gaming platform, to PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft®.

Additionally, fans attending PAX East in Boston between March 6 and March 8 can pre-order an exclusive Penny Arcade-themed guitar in person at Harmonix’s booth, #4224.

START A BAND. ROCK THE WORLD.

Rock Band 4 brings the critically-acclaimed franchise to a new generation of consoles, focusing on the features and gameplay that people love, and expanding the franchise in innovative ways that were informed by how fans play and what they want.

“With Rock Band 4, we’re doubling down on the energy and excitement of playing music live with your friends,” says Harmonix Chief Executive Officer Steve Janiak. “Focusing on the core experience that our fans have told us they love allows us to evolve established gameplay in meaningful ways that we can’t wait to share with everyone later this year.”

“We couldn’t be happier to be working with Harmonix and help bring the band back together for the launch of Rock Band 4,” added Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz. “Harmonix possesses unrivalled passion and vision for music gaming and we can’t wait to introduce the next generation music platform to passionate gamers.”

Harmonix will reveal to its fans more details about exciting new features of Rock Band 4 this coming May.

STILL THE MOST MUSIC. PERIOD.

In addition to a killer on-disc soundtrack, Rock Band 4 will support over 2000 tracks released since the 2007 launch of the original Rock Band, accounting for more than 500 of rock music’s most legendary artists.

“Since the beginning, we’ve called Rock Band a music platform. Players responded by downloading hundreds of their favorite tracks, and building a massive library of playable music,” says Rock Band 4 Product Manager Daniel Sussman. “It’s important for us to respect those purchases and enable our fans to bring that content over to the Rock Band platform on new generation consoles.”

Players who’ve purchased or downloaded playable tracks on last-generation consoles will be able to download and play those tracks on their new platforms at no additional charge*. Hundreds of tracks will be available at launch, with more back catalog music – and new tracks – to be added regularly after launch.

CELEBRATE WITH FREE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR ROCK BAND 3, AVAILABLE NOW

To celebrate the long-awaited announcement of Rock Band 4, Harmonix is offering a free downloadable track. “I Still Believe,” recorded by UK-based songwriter Frank Turner for his fourth EP, Rock & Roll, is available now for download today, free of charge, on PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®. Playable today in Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz, this is one of the hundreds of songs that will be compatible with Rock Band 4 when it ships later this year for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One!

Rock Band 4 will be available later this year. For more information, head over to http://www.harmonixmusic.com and follow @RockBand on Twitter for updates.
    Last edited by cdj; 03-05-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Fans of the critically-acclaimed music platform know that music alone does not make the experience. Alongside the launch of the game, Mad Catz will have a full line-up of new music game controllers, ready and waiting to rock as hard as you do!

Mad Catz will introduce a Rock Band 4 Band In A Box™ bundle, which includes a copy of the game, a new Wireless Fender™ Stratocaster™ Guitar Controller, a new Wireless Drum Kit and a Microphone! If you just want to rock out with a Guitar Controller, hey, we got you covered as we’ll have a Guitar Controller Bundle which includes a copy of the game and a Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller.

Okay, if you’re not already freaking out, remain calm: if you’re visiting PAX East, Harmonix is running a very special promotion just for visitors to the show. To celebrate the announcement of Rock Band 4, Harmonix will offer a PAX East Wireless Stratocaster Guitar Controller featuring custom artwork of “Gabe” from the Penny Arcade web-comic! To get your hands on this extremely limited-edition collectible, you’ll need to pre-order on-site at the Harmonix booth.

Mad Catz has been working hard with Harmonix to make a suite of all-new music game controllers for rocking out with Rock Band 4, which we believe will prove to be the ultimate music platform for the new generation of consoles! We’re convinced that fans of the franchise will love the new controllers we’re cooking. We’ve turned everything up to 11 this time around! We’ve tweaked several features such as the tilt-sensor on the guitar controllers for extra accuracy and sensitivity. Mic response has been tuned, build-quality has been refined, but more about hardware later. Suffice it to say, we think you’ll all be very happy.

I might have to dust off the drums!
    The dude abides.

I still play this game on occasion. I play medium guitar and easy drums.

"In my prime" I was doing hard drums with expert on some songs.

I'm guessing that the old instruments are not going to work.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    "In my prime" I was doing hard drums with expert on some songs.

I'm guessing that the old instruments are not going to work.
    They said its more likely on PS4 than Xbox because the PS3 instruments were USB dongles.

I hope it uses old instruments although ours were for the Wii. No way I invest in all that for the new game if I can't use the old gear. That stuff all connected via USB so I don't see why it couldn't be used for any system.

Since they are partnered with MadCatz on the peripherals, I'd expect that *if* the old instruments could be used it won't be announced until close to launch (hoping people pre-ordered the new instruments) or that they will 'hear the fans and work tirelessly!' to add that feature sometime (six months?) after release.

I'm probably being too cynical, but Harmonix has to make their new partner happy and announcing/having backwards compatibility with instruments now (or even before launch) isn't good for business.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I hope it uses old instruments although ours were for the Wii. No way I invest in all that for the new game if I can't use the old gear. That stuff all connected via USB so I don't see why it couldn't be used for any system.
    Yeah, you can give that dream up. No way Wii instruments work on PS4 or Xbox One.

Yup.
    The dude abides.

The dude abides.

I can't wait for this. On RB3 I played Hard/Medium Drums, Expert Bass, Hard/Expert Guitar, and Expert Piano. I played a few instruments when I was younger, and make beats now. Once you don't play the drums for a while you lose the timing for the double bass kicks.

Wow were they that expensive last time?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Wow were they that expensive last time?
    I wanna say $150 to $200, but can't remember for the whole big package.
    The dude abides.

Harmonix has clarified that the bundle with the game and a guitar will be $120
    The dude abides.

Pre-order the Rock Band 4 Band-In-A-Box or the Rock Band 4 Fender Stratocaster Guitar Software Bundle for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and get a Song Pack of 34 downloadable tracks playable in Rock Band 4. Customers who pre-order from Amazon.com will get 4 exclusive tracks: • Alabama Shakes “Don't Wanna Fight” • Breaking Benjamin “Failure” • Death From Above 1979 “Trainwreck 1979” • The Pretty Reckless “Follow Me Down.” Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your order ships. Offer limited to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Via: Amazon

Are they no longer supporting the piano?

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Are they no longer supporting the piano?
    No piano or pro guitar in RB4.

Rock Band 4 (PS4, XB1) - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    No piano or pro guitar in RB4.
    That's disappointing (in terms of piano)