Thread: MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode & More Livestream

• Facebook
  • Display

MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode & More Livestream

Last edited by cdj; 03-03-2015 at 07:31 AM.

I asked a question and actually got an answer!!! Wow!!!

Anyways, I asked if any minor league stadiums were added and the answer was 10. Apparently they are not new, simply imported and touched up from the ps3. Regardless though, the more stadiums the better.

Cannot extend player contracts during the season... damn! They said they are looking into that for next year.

Other quick notes...

-from what I heard, the radio show sounds good
    -older players who have good seasons will NOT regress as fast as in 14
    -high spending teams will be high spending teams in the offseason
    -a few subtle changes to the home screen in franchise mode
    -the radio show will also be available in RTTS
    -minor league draft picks are still signed to one year deals (that is a future priority for the team)
    -challenge play cut scenes sound pretty good (but I didn't see one)

That is one thing I have never done in the Show - a franchise. I never draft or sign guys. I just play a single season and see how many games I get in before Madden. I played 140 games with the Giants in the Show 12. No swimming for me. I like to track the stats.

Any other details on the radio show?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That is one thing I have never done in the Show - a franchise. I never draft or sign guys. I just play a single season and see how many games I get in before Madden. I played 140 games with the Giants in the Show 12. No swimming for me. I like to track the stats.

Any other details on the radio show?
    All I heard was it running in the background while the payer was scrolling through the league scores. I was hoping for something a lot more dynamic, but any improvement to presetation and immersion will be taken hands down.

The one thing I don't like about the Show commentary guys is they keep talking about a new guy taking over and having his own "script". The best play by play audio is done WITHOUT a script. You put the guys in a booth and have them ad lib to real situations and just record it. That's what 2K baseball did and that had the best play by play I've ever heard (note, I can't really comment on 2K basketball). I remember Gary Thorne (who I loved and has a great voice) saying he didn't think it was possible to do a game straight from a script. They recorded 90 hours of commentary one year and that was in addition to what they had already done in the past. But it was all filmed in a booth. SCEA films each guy separately reading from scripts and you can tell since it's dull.