Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community Review of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

• Facebook
  • Display
    I just bought it and am downloading it right now. Depending on how long the download takes, I don't know if I'll be able to sit down and play some tonight or if it'll have to wait until Saturday when work quiets down.

#TheScriptIsDead

Alright, so I only got a very brief hour or two into it on Friday afternoon, but damn this game is fun. In a very short time, before really even doing any missions, just exploring, I've already killed three captains and been killed twice after getting into 4 on 1 melees (which has resulted in a few getting promoted TO captain). One thing I have noticed, it seems like the map is really small. I barely run in any direction and it seems like I've covered half the map before I've realized it.

So true about the map. It is unrealistic but it makes for an easy gaming experience. There is a lot to do on the map though and your map is only for the first half of the game. Halfway it opens up another area.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Alright, so I only got a very brief hour or two into it on Friday afternoon, but damn this game is fun. In a very short time, before really even doing any missions, just exploring, I've already killed three captains and been killed twice after getting into 4 on 1 melees (which has resulted in a few getting promoted TO captain). One thing I have noticed, it seems like the map is really small. I barely run in any direction and it seems like I've covered half the map before I've realized it.
    You get another map later. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    So true about the map. It is unrealistic but it makes for an easy gaming experience. There is a lot to do on the map though and your map is only for the first half of the game. Halfway it opens up another area.
    Yeah, the map has started to grow on me. Especially now that I know my way around everywhere and have grown strong enough to hold my own against captains and 50+ orcs inside Strongholds.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    You get another map later. Enjoy
    That's good. The map definitely seemed small when I first started playing. Now that I have actually explored every single corner of the map (and died a few times along the way), there is a fair amount of space in the game. It's still easy to quickly wander out of one area and find yourself halfway across the map if you're not paying attention to how far you run, but it's not a big issue anymore.

Meanwhile, damn this game is addictive. I haven't been able to stop playing it since Thursday. Any free time I have is spent on this. I've barely even touched the missions. I just finished killing the four warchiefs, but that's as far as I've gotten. All of my time has been spent running around from point to point killing captains. I bought Far Cry 4 along with Shadow of Mordor in the Critics Choice sale, but I haven't even started up Far Cry 4 on my PS4. Shadow of Mordor has been getting my full attention thus far.

Experience playing the Batman Rocksteady games has definitely helped me with whooping some ass in this game

The combat is pretty much identical.
    The dude abides.

This was one of the funnest games I played on the PS4. It wasn't perfect but I can't wait for the sequel. The devs shared some of their personal stories from working on the game along with some stats. The first game released in 2014 and is getting a 4K upgrade for PS4 Pro. I never thought the graphics were the strength of this game so I'm curious to see how much they improved.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...s-development/

Damn, I gotta play this game again. I had so much fun on PS4. I've got a copy of it on the Xbox One thanks to it being a free game one month through Gold. I may need to fire up a new game on One and go through it again.

I stopped playing it on PS4 last year after I pretty much completely beat the game and DLC. Only stuff left to do was just keep killing war chiefs. That, and my every lasting rivalry with my friend Takra Caragor Tamer.

I must have killed him a dozen times, and he just kept coming back. He killed me probably a dozen times too, enough to reach level 20 and become an Elite Captain. Eventually our rivalry got to the point I couldn't kill him. It just didn't feel right. One time I killed him and he didn't come back from the dead for the longest time, and it actually felt like something was missing from the game with him no longer around to battle with, I actually regretted killing him.

Thankfully he eventually returned after being MIA for a large chunk of hours playing, and I vowed to never kill him again after that.

So a new game of Mordor on Xbox One actually sounds good. I haven't played in probably a year and a half, so it'll be fresh again, and a chance to create a new rival.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Nemesis system was cool. I had one guy kill me a bunch. They should let at least some guys level up past 20 though.

I never did the DLC in this game. They had a sale on the GOTY edition I should have bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The Nemesis system was cool. I had one guy kill me a bunch. They should let at least some guys level up past 20 though.

I never did the DLC in this game. They had a sale on the GOTY edition I should have bought.
    Yep, the Nemesis system ended up being a great creation. I look forward to seeing how they improve it for Shadow of Mordor 2.

I went ahead and started a fresh new game on the One last night. Only got an hour into it, but it'll give me something to do for the next week until Mafia III releases next Friday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk