Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    Is anyone else witnessing the massacre that is New Mexico-Oregon? 59-0 at half. Sheesh.
    Oh yeah. 72-0 Oregon now late 4th quarter. It looks like it's going to be another long, long season for New Mexico fans.

How about Jacksonville State!? Scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter, including a 2-point conversion on a touchdown with 18 seconds left to tie it up with Ole Miss 34-34.

First overtime.

Jacksonville State ball first. Gamecocks just scored a touchdown. PAT good, Jacksonville State leading 41-34.

Edit - 4th and goal from the 2 yard line, Ole Miss manages to get into the end zone on a pitch. Tied back up 41-41, going to OT number 2.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-04-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Holy crap. A true freshmen on 4th and 15 puts a perfect pass into the back of the end zone for J-State.

Ole Miss needs to recruit a defense.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Jacksonville State beats Ole Miss.

JACKSONVILLE STATE WINS!!!

2 point conversion is good, Jacksonville State wins 49-48!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    JACKSONVILLE STATE WINS!!!

2 point conversion is good, Jacksonville State wins 49-48!
    How much did Masoli play?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    How much did Masoli play?
    I'm not sure exactly how much he played. I know for sure he was in during the Ole Miss TD in the 2nd OT. His stats for the game were 6 for 9, 93 yards passing, 1 interception, and 36 yards rushing on 4 carries.

ESPN suggested that once Masoli came in (latter part of the 2nd Q, I think), he didn't go out.

Smooth, your stats are slightly off:
    Nathan Stanley: 6/10, 133 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs; -13 yards rushing
    Masoli: 7/10, 109 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT; 29 yards rushing

TCU's not looking strong against Oregon State. 14-7 Beavers right now.

I've now seen Miami University (that would be Ohio) run two fake punts, and now Oregon State with one of their own. Is this going to be the year of the fake punt?

Really enjoying this LSU vs UNC game right now. NC has looked great offensively to end the second quarter. After all of the chaos they have gone throuh as of late they are putting in one heck of an effort.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    ESPN suggested that once Masoli came in (latter part of the 2nd Q, I think), he didn't go out.

Smooth, your stats are slightly off:
    Nathan Stanley: 6/10, 133 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs; -13 yards rushing
    Masoli: 7/10, 109 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT; 29 yards rushing
    Ok, that's pretty sad when even ESPN (the supposed worldwide leader in hype, err, sports) doesn't have the right stats posted for someone.

And it looks like it's Kansas' turn to lose to a FCS team. 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, North Dakota State is beating Kansas 6-3.

Also early 4th quarter, Oklahoma having a little trouble with Utah State, the Sooners only winning 31-24 right now.

Edit - And go ahead and tag Kansas right up alongside Ole Miss. North Dakota State ends up winning by that same thrilling, exciting score of 6-3. Clearly somebody took both offensive squads for the teams out behind the shed and shot them all.

Edit 2 - And damn are there a ton of great games going on right now. Oregon State-TCU, Utah State-Oklahoma, Washington-BYU, Northwestern-Vanderbilt. So much channel changing, I feel like I'm going to break my remote.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-04-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Ok, that's pretty sad when even ESPN (the supposed worldwide leader in hype, err, sports) doesn't have the right stats posted for someone.
    Depends ... where did you get your stats? I got mine from ESPN
    Edit - And go ahead and tag Kansas right up alongside Ole Miss. North Dakota State ends up winning by that same thrilling, exciting score of 6-3. Clearly somebody took both offensive squads for the teams out behind the shed and shot them all.
    Ouch for Turner Gill.

How are you getting Washington-BYU and Utah State-Oklahoma? Gameplan? BYU is nowhere to be found for me, and I get the Pokes instead of Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Depends ... where did you get your stats? I got mine from ESPN
    Ouch for Turner Gill.

How are you getting Washington-BYU and Utah State-Oklahoma? Gameplan? BYU is nowhere to be found for me, and I get the Pokes instead of Oklahoma.
    Hmm, so apparently they did not have the correct stats when I looked them up. I got them from the game box score on ESPN. And now that I go and look at the box score again, the numbers have changed to what you have. So apparently the numbers I saw earlier were not the fully, entirely updated, end of game stats.

And it's a mix of Gameplan and CBS College Sports. Gameplan mainly for nationwide games of interest to me. CBS College Sports then comes in major handy for Navy games (and Washington-BYU right now).

Edit - And damn, Oklahoma won 31-24. I always root for the upsets, so I really wanted to see Utah State pull it off. And while BYU played a good game (and won 23-17), I really wanted to see Washington pull out the win for some reason.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-04-2010 at 09:34 PM.

And that could be the killer for Oregon State right there. A horrible snap flying over the head of Katz, and he ends up kicking it out of the back of the endzone from the Oregon State 2 yard line instead of letting TCU possibly recover. Safety, penalty, etc, etc. TCU now up 30-21 with 4 minutes left.

Edit - And that's all she wrote. TCU wins 30-21 (securely wins thanks to Katz's ball kicking for a safety) and gets past one of their toughest games of the season to keep their national championship hopes alive. Now time to enjoy the final minutes of a thrilling 23-21 Northwestern-Vanderbilt game, and then settle in for the night to Cincinnati-Fresno State.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-04-2010 at 09:50 PM.

And it looks like it's Kansas' turn to lose to a FCS team. 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, North Dakota State is beating Kansas 6-3.

Also early 4th quarter, Oklahoma having a little trouble with Utah State, the Sooners only winning 31-24 right now.

Edit 2 - And damn are there a ton of great games going on right now. Oregon State-TCU, Utah State-Oklahoma, Washington-BYU, Northwestern-Vanderbilt. So much channel changing, I feel like I'm going to break my remote.
    This is why I bought another TV. I have also been using my laptops, cell phone, and iPad to watch games.

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    This is why I bought another TV. I have also been using my laptops, cell phone, and iPad to watch games.
    I've thought about that, haha. Would come greatly in handy during football season. As well, I would be able to put the Colorado Rockies games each night on one while still getting in some NCAA time on the other. And yeah, laptop will be joining in soon. Sometime in the near future, I'll be able to access and start using ESPN3.com, so I can guarantee I will have a game going on my laptop nonstop from 12 noon until the last game of the night, in addition to the games on TV.

Yeah man. Do it if you can. ESPN3 is great for regional games.

ESPN3 is decent ... but I find it a lot harder to watch games on my PC. If I had a decent laptop. maybe that would be okay.