Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV Series) (Spoiler warning: All aired episodes are fair game)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    So ready for tonight. My wife I and I rarely watch shows when they are on TV. Rather we PVR them for a later date. However, not tonight as we will be watching for sure.
    I'm watching the S4 Marathon as I type this. My ass is glued to the couch today.

I watched the last episode and parts of season 4. Will definitely watching this tonight. Have to make sure the kids are in bed by 9.

Really enjoyed the first episode. Glad they will finally link Danny to Westeros and the Imp. Her character just spins her wheels doing nothing. I think Jon Snow might be my favourite character. No Arya but they can never get everyone in. I thought they did a good job of showing a lot of people without rushing. I always feel like the episodes should be longer lol. I will miss Mance Rayder and I just read that his death and story line is a big change from the books.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-13-2015 at 05:03 AM.

That was the fastest hour in television history. Good episode, even for a "reintroduction and set-up the season" episode. I wasn't a fan of Jon Snow until the Battle at the Wall. That's where he changed my mind. Now he's kind of a G. The plot with Littlefinger is the most interesting to me as he's the hardest to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    That was the fastest hour in television history. Good episode, even for a "reintroduction and set-up the season" episode. I wasn't a fan of Jon Snow until the Battle at the Wall. That's where he changed my mind. Now he's kind of a G. The plot with Littlefinger is the most interesting to me as he's the hardest to predict.
    I've read a lot of people aren't Jon Snow fans. I know a guy at work who has read both the books and seen the TV has never been a fan either but both me and the wife have always liked him. Littlefinger is a very interesting prick.

Yea Littlefinger is the pebble that caused the ripple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Really enjoyed the first episode. Glad they will finally link Danny to Westeros and the Imp. Her character just spins her wheels doing nothing. I think Jon Snow might be my favourite character. No Arya but they can never get everyone in. I thought they did a good job of showing a lot of people without rushing. I always feel like the episodes should be longer lol. I will miss Mance Rayder and I just read that his death and story line is a big change from the books.
    Honestly I didn't enjoy it that much. I realize it was a set-up episode of sorts but I just didn't find enough connection to draw me into the story. Plus I really wanted to see a few of the other characters. I suspect next week will be set-up part two and we probably won't have any major events for several weeks. They are really starting to stray from the books too. I guess that was inevitable though. I was hoping that a certain character would... return (and I use that term lightly...).
    Spoiler: show
    Her return will be amazing when they finally do it.

I am not reading the books anymore so I don't care about that. Plus most people feel the last two books were slow and needed things cut or changed.

I'll still read the books. Martin has been hinting at a twist with a few characters so who knows what's going to happen?

I guess it's good to know book readers won't be spoiling stuff for non book readers anymore. They'll be in the same boat soon.

I've enjoyed this season so far. But the third episode was more than an hour! Resetting PVR to record longer now. Most episodes are under 55 minutes! Am taping the one at midnight so I can watch the ending.

Game of Thrones (TV Series) (Spoiler warning: All aired episodes are fair game)

The warm-up is done. Now the season is starting to cook. Glad not a leak watcher. I'd hate to have to wait 2 more weeks for a new episode.

Sansa is about to go all Cersei on the Boltons.

I was genuinely sad watching Arya fight her feelings over Needle.

I've really enjoyed it. Feel bad for Sansa. Turns out I only missed 30 seconds but a very important finish. Curious as to how the Imp story will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    I'll still read the books. Martin has been hinting at a twist with a few characters so who knows what's going to happen?

I guess it's good to know book readers won't be spoiling stuff for non book readers anymore. They'll be in the same boat soon.

Which is lame to me.....it has now be what 6years since his last book? Sooo glad I am not invested in the books anymore, I just wondering how much stuff are they going to have to change to make it interesting.. I can't say it enough how boring the last two books were.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ramsey is the new Joffrey. That dude who has no redeeming qualities and can't die soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Ramsey is the new Joffrey. That dude who has no redeeming qualities and can't die soon enough.
    A lot of people pretty choked about that scene at the end. Wrong person violated and what really happened was far, far worse (according to the book). This season has seen extreme changes from book to show. The biggest differences are having characters do things in the show that others did in the book.

I am still watching but my wife has just hated this season due to all of the errors and omissions.

My wife was crying at the end of the episode. Ramsey is worse than Joffrey. Brutal finish to last night.

A guy at work has actually liked a lot of changes from the book. I can't say myself but I've enjoyed this season.

I know nothing of the books so it's all fresh for me. Whatever happens on tv is my canon.

Having read 2.7 books AFTER watching the first 3 seasons I actually think the TV show is better than the books as it eliminates a lot of the unnecessary fluff. And I like reading longer fantasy books. But some of the extra details on characters that barely matter tended to slow the books down a little too much.

I've read the TV watchers have found the show a bit too slow up to this point (not me) but the book readers have been shocked at how fast they are blowing through books 4 and 5 and how much is left out.

That chick was very hot in the last episode. Very gratuitous nudity that my wife did not appreciate. Very easy to tell the books were written by a guy.

On a story note I'm very happy that Dany and the Imp are together. Maybe Dany actually gets interesting for the first time since she got dragons. I have a bad feeling about Stannis marching to Winterfell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That chick was very hot in the last episode. Very gratuitous nudity that my wife did not appreciate. Very easy to tell the books were written by a guy.
    True but that nudity & scene was all tv writers' doing. I felt like a dirty old man after watching that. That actress is still in her teens.