Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Bonus Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Christmas Bonus Discussion Thread

I'm a teacher. My bonus is 2 weeks off from work.

Christmas bonus? What the hell is that? Is that like when you get your balls gummed by some old woman with dentures?
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 12-18-2014 at 06:51 PM.

No bonus. Just half a day off on both Eves.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Wow... And here I was going to complain about only getting $500... Damn. I'm sorry guys.

I haven't had one in probably 7 years or so. This past year's work may prove worth of a bonus but they don't distribute those until February or March.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Wow... And here I was going to complain about only getting $500... Damn. I'm sorry guys.
    LOL

You can probably guess I was not too happy about the Christmas bonus I received this year.

I got a bonus and in the grand scheme of things its a nice chunk of change but was not anywhere close to what I was expected (or more importantly what I earned for my billable hours for the year). In fact, it is the 2nd lowest bonus (on a % of my salary) I have ever received since becoming a lawyer.

Oh well I have only got 6 months until I'm done with the firm and onto a new city. Honestly, I was really close to just going up and putting in my notice and quitting and living off of the savings for the rest of my time in Texas but I talked myself out of it.

Talked to several associates and they were clearly upset with the bonuses this year so at least I was not the only one. Tomorrow's attorney only party could get interesting if/when someone drinks too much and decides it is o.k. to complain to a power that be that the bonuses this year SUCKED!

For those that get a bonus, at least you get one.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    For those that get a bonus, at least you get one.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

Even if they don't meet people's expectations, at least they're better than the $0 the tight ass cunts here at work give us.

Luckily I work for a family oriented company. The owner is a down to earth person and believes in running a family type driven business. That's what it feels like anyway.

Got a nice bonus last year although I had only been on job 7 months at the time. Totally took me by surprise because at no other job had I got one before.

This year's was even bigger and still surprised I received one. Haven't gotten use to getting a bonus let alone that much

T-minus 15 minutes to the attorney lunch. Noone is drunk (yet) but I hope to see at least some fireworks by 5.

My wife got a box of chocolates.

Reading this thread has reaffirmed my decision years ago to pay people competitively and not worry about this bonus garbage. Do your job = get paid. Do it really well get a raise etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    This past year's work may prove worth of a bonus but they don't distribute those until February or March.
    Ditto, which I prefer right about the time income tax rolls in also, so my account gets a pretty good bump in a short time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Reading this thread has reaffirmed my decision years ago to pay people competitively and not worry about this bonus garbage. Do your job = get paid. Do it really well get a raise etc.
    It's a "bonus" and nice plus though to get paid nicely/competitively and receive a bonus though

All while living exactly 4 miles from the door of the office buidling.

I've been lucky to work not far from where I live when a good bit make the daily commute to DC area

I do agree with you though

My business partner and I take small bonuses all the time but we did take a big one in July. For Christmas, I only took enough to make sure that my daughter has a good Christmas.

I'm glad that I don't have to rely on someone else for those types of things anymore. I remember that disappointment and I feel for you guys that aren't valued by your employers.

I #TrustTheScript

It's crazy because I wouldn't even care if I didn't get one since I never had at my previous job that I worked.

This particular company I work for now though treats me very well and appreciates job that I do and even paid me more than they were advertising for me since they liked me that much.

So I can honestly do without the bonus and the heavy tax it takes lol. Hell owner just sent my wife and I to Vegas for 4 days, even paid for her plane ticket and both of our meals...which included dinner at Strip House that went over $200 for both of us

it has nothing to do with being valued by employers or not. Its not 1940 or 1962.

Business's cant afford to throw around extra cash anymore.It shouldn't be expected on any level. If it happens great !

and I'm sure business's that will and do are more blessed. But to think it will happen is a waste of time until you become the one in power and do it for others

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    it has nothing to do with being valued by employers or not. Its not 1940 or 1962.

Business's cant afford to throw around extra cash anymore.It shouldn't be expected on any level. If it happens great !

and I'm sure business's that will and do are more blessed. But to think it will happen is a waste of time until you become the one in power and do it for others
    No bonus in your allowance from Mommy?