Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yasiel Puig is the MLB 15 The Show Cover Athlete

• Facebook
  • Display

Yasiel Puig is the MLB 15 The Show Cover Athlete

Release date 3/31/15

I hope we get more info than this.

Looking forward to more information soon. Really hope single A ball has been added in this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I hope we get more info than this.
    This is the absolute first bit of information. Why on earth would you think this is it?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    This is the absolute first bit of information. Why on earth would you think this is it?
    I'm talking about this weekend. I don't think they are showing gameplay and I would like to hear about some new features as possible. I have a feeling they will be tight lipped about it. I hope I'm wrong. With no competition the lips should be loose.

I'm talking about this weekend. I don't think they are showing gameplay and I would like to hear about some new features as possible. I have a feeling they will be tight lipped about it. I hope I'm wrong. With no competition the lips should be loose.
    This far out they aren't going to talk. There are still things that get left on the cutting room floor with this much time (almost 4 months) to go.

I #TrustTheScript

From the amazon page

Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
    Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show.
    Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
    Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years.
    Major Graphical Improvements -Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)

A few more tidbits from Gamestop page.

The 10th edition of the franchise, MLB 15 The Show is a more immersive and exciting baseball experience than ever before with substantial improvements to both gameplay and graphics. New features include:

Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
    Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
    Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
    Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
    Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)

And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

What is the directional hitting? I still want a hitters eye mechanic.

What is the directional hitting? I still want a hitters eye mechanic.
    Have no idea? I use zone hitting and it seems to factor in the direction of the hit just fine. Maybe it is like the old school baseball games where you have full control of where the batter stands in the box and can make modifications to their stance (open/close) to allow for a greater chance to (push/pull) the ball?

That would be interesting if you could move your guy around like old times but I don't want to see that during the actual pitch like Mario baseball.

Interesting choice for cover athlete considering he's a little off when it comes to on and off the field.
    The dude abides.

With the multi-year saves I think I'm going to give this one a day 1 buy and try a franchise. Last year it was rental only as the baseball game is just such a grind in the season and despite RTTS being solid I just cannot get into a single player mode as my main gameplay mode.

I just play RTTS so I'm 99% sure I'm sticking with this year's.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Steve at OS posted this a week or so ago...

Some of the new details that have been revealed on their product page include a new New Human IK Engine, new Tag System, revamped commentary, overhauled Franchise mode and more.

For the first time, partnerships with real-world equipment brands will bring MLB-accurate bats, gloves, shoes, and batting gloves to the game. Customize your Road to The Show player in the best gear from the sport’s best brands.

It’s not just the gear that’s more authentic this year. Players and teams also have more unique personalities and styles plus a wide array of emotional reactions to all the heartbreak and triumph on the field.

And that field will be more action-packed with new animations, a new tag system, and completely new Human IK engine. In 2015, playing the field will be as exciting as stepping up to the plate.

MLB 15 The Show also features major graphical improvements. Enhanced stadium lighting, Improved gloss and specular, resulting in more natural lighting on players. Seasonal day/night transitions have also been added into the world of The Show.

And the improvements aren’t all animations and graphics. The game itself has gotten deeper with more ways to play, earn rewards, and put together a Hall of Fame career.

Best of all, Universal rewards will mean that all of that gameplay earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards. We’re introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.

Make yourself a legend and never start your career or season over again. With Year-to-Year saves, users will be able to continue their Road to The Show players and Franchises from MLB 14 The Show into MLB 15 The show, and into future releases.“

All of that is only scratching the surface of how MLB 15 The Show is ready to prove that Baseball Is Better. Revamped commentary, improved load times, and an overhauled franchise mode are also on-deck to help make the 10th edition of The Show the best one yet.
    That "overhauled franchise mode" sounds very intriguing...

It's about time they add year to year saves.. Sadly I only got a ps3 now ..oh well. After being on next gen its hard to go back and play last gen because of the graphics. so it will be aw hile before a ps4 gets to me. Dang xbox one needs a true mlb game not that crappy arcade crap ..

Year to year saves were already added last year, this year will be the first that saves can be transferred from MLB 14 to MLB 15. It's just such a massive back of the box bullet point that it's pretty much going to be a massive main list feature every year. And why not? It's something that none of the other sports games have. Madden, NHL, NBA and FIFA don't have it, so MLB can sit there saying "hey, look at us, we have year to year saves, continue playing your franchise or RTTS that you started three years ago in each new version of the game".

And my opinion is it will boost sales. People who normally will spend the entire year building up their franchise or their RTTS player, the next version comes out, and they're hesitant to abandon all of that work, so they maybe skip that year or the next two years until such a major feature gets added that they can't help but not buy the new version. Now that they no longer have to leave their franchise or RTTS player behind, leave all that work behind, they may be more inclined to buy each year's new game, as long as there are some decent new feature additions or changes.