Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 Coaching Carousel

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by plotty View Post
    Steve Pederdick fired at Pitt AD. No holy trinity battle between Pederdick and Pelini. Damnit.
    Now Pedey can go to his true calling. A used car salesman.
    The dude abides.

Pitt rumored to be closing in on Michigan State DC Pat Narduzzi. That would leave Michigan as the last opening, unless they end up poaching another school.

Narduzzi leaving for Pitt, plus whomever Michigan hires, could really cause a shakeup in the Big Ten East.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Rumor mill strong that Kyle Whittingham will leave Utah.

After months of magma buildup, a volcanic blast is sheering the top off of Utah football, spewing rocks a mile high, triggering mudslides, leveling forests, choking off life as we know it there.

Sending Kyle Whittingham packing as the Utes’ head coach.

That’s right: He’s walking away.

I can’t report it as a fact — not yet — but it’s what is happening, based on what I’ve been told. And I believe what I’ve been told.

Another thing I believe: This story is far from over and the blast zone will grow bigger and bigger as time goes by.

Utah athletics director Chris Hill and Whittingham had seen things differently on many counts for a long time, enough for the subterranean pressures between the two to finally emerge and erupt. After 10 years as the Utes’ head coach, and equally as long as an assistant before that, Whittingham will step away from the job he once loved, no longer able or willing to work for the boss who hired him.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/1992784...h-i?fullpage=1

Harbaugh to Michigan with a lot of Twitter smoke this evening.

It's basically offical reports is Harbaugh to leave Sf after 3 years . Really wtf? This sucks for sf basically there biggest and Thee best coach since Walsh and they let him walk easily. York is a dumb ass. There goes our franchise for the next 2-3 years unless some one can keep it going next year and let kaep run or go back to ground and pounding with Frank Gore and company and go off PA .

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    It's basically offical reports is Harbaugh to leave Sf after 3 years . Really wtf? This sucks for sf basically there biggest and Thee best coach since Walsh and they let him walk easily. York is a dumb ass. There goes our franchise for the next 2-3 years unless some one can keep it going next year and let kaep run or go back to ground and pounding with Frank Gore and company and go off PA .
    Let Harbaugh walk? The 49ers are pushing him out the door and don't want him back. He'd still be there if they wanted him. They don't. And Gore is a free agent too.

I would love to hear some behind the scenes stuff once this is all over as to why this marriage broke down after 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Let Harbaugh walk? The 49ers are pushing him out the door and don't want him back. He'd still be there if they wanted him. They don't. And Gore is a free agent too.

I would love to hear some behind the scenes stuff once this is all over as to why this marriage broke down after 4 years.
    Ask and ye shall receive: http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawak...-era-unraveled
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Harbaugh to Michigan with a lot of Twitter smoke this evening.
    Indications from MGoBlog are that an event is going to be held Tuesday.

The basic premise is these guys all have massive egos and Harbaugh may be a jerk. The entire decision has always been centred on personalities rather than abilities.

The previous GM assembled much of that talent, not Baalke.

Gore is supposedly be back (rumors) if not I'm okay with Hyde at RB he's been stellar in back up role. Also crabtree is also fa. It's gonna be a tough year offense wise. Just hope our defense stays healthy again

Sadly it wax s big push out the door for harbaugh sadly our gm is an it freaking dumb ass idiot. He should be fire! Because know offense is gonna be set back another 3 years maybe. It depends on the next head coach.

Rumored #1 candidate for the Niners is your current DL coach who was the interim before Harbaugh was hired.

Ooops!

That is a horrible mistake by the free press.

Reminds me of this...

I #TrustTheScript

Love me some MSM. The morons they hire that cannot get simple things right is downright funny. Thankfully, the do not make much above minimum wage and no one reads the paper anymore.

Pretty well official I suppose...

Michigan's recruiting class this year was lousy as there are only 6 kids committed after this debacle with Hoke. Harbaugh should make a big impact there.

Great quote from Spielman, "(Michigan does) have a strong base in recruiting, but I don't know if every college kid in Florida knew who Brady Hoke was -- I guarantee you, everyone knows who Jim Harbaugh is," Spielman said. "The other thing he carries -- and don't underestimate this, I wouldn't -- he could go in to any kid's house and say, 'I'm an NFL coach, and I know what it takes to get you there.' I would think that would be his selling point."

Article discussing some recruits twitter reactions to Harbaugh:
    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...hs_immine.html

Michigan story with Spielman quote:
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...ract/21021925/

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Love me some MSM. The morons they hire that cannot get simple things right is downright funny. Thankfully, the do not make much above minimum wage and no one reads the paper anymore.
    Pretty sure that is all media, regardless of being mainstream or not, that makes stupid mistakes.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 12-31-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Some Twitter smoke (nothing from any legit source yet) that Golden may be out at Miami. I would have thought any change would have occurred by now, however.