Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Live 15 - General Impressions & Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Sitting at a 63 right now on Metacritic so an improvement but its still not even close to 2K

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Sitting at a 63 right now on Metacritic so an improvement but its still not even close to 2K
    What are your personal opinions on the game? I don't have the retail version but 63 sure seems way too low after playing a little bit. I have to play a lot more myself but I saw a lot of hate on Twitter from 2K fanboys that felt really overdone. Many of the impressions on OS are favourable - not perfect but people are giving this a thumbs up and are looking forward to Live 16 after playing 15. HUGE improvement over 14.

Edit - and that 63 is based on only 4 reviews from Metacritic. Let's see what OS and some other more reputable sites give it. But ultimately it is a personal decision.
    Last edited by Rudy; 10-29-2014 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    \ Jersey flapping a bit overdone.
    I've always thought the same about 2K...but they were always given a pass for it

So I have played the hell out of this game for the past three days with streaming and such, and I gotta say I love it. I have my shot timing down now, so now I need to start finding the right playbooks and plays to run and perfect. It's not perfect, but the gameplay is so much improved. Live 14 had a huge leap in improvement from launch to months later, so I have a feeling it will really become refined and play similar to the Live 10 days.

Rising Star has some really nice menus and UI, though it's still just play and chase goals with no story, it's more enjoyable with the better gameplay and UI. Big Moments is one of my favorite modes, and they added a new type of challenge where you have to match the player's exact shot chart on the court for a given period of time. And obviously for Ultimate Team, the auction addition is huge.
    The dude abides.

I can't even make comparisons to 2K15 since they never put out a demo. The last 2K game I had was 2K13 and it was OK but I preferred Live 10 back then. The sluggish controls bugged me - too much animation involved for what I want in a basketball game. And when I had to wait forever to inbound the basketball I would almost lose it lol.

I can't even make comparisons to 2K15 since they never put out a demo. The last 2K game I had was 2K13 and it was OK but I preferred Live 10 back then. The sluggish controls bugged me - too much animation involved for what I want in a basketball game. And when I had to wait forever to inbound the basketball I would almost lose it lol.
    Live 15 either comes close or surpasses the gameplay of Live 10, depending on personal preference.
    The dude abides.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...5/user-reviews

15 positive reviews, 2 down the middle, and 8 negative reviews. IMO not a bad start in regards to the user's opinion.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I'm not a believer of metacritic scores defining a game, but it's worth noting that if Live stays in the 60s metacritic score, it will finish higher than NHL 15. Anyone who would have made that prediction a year ago would have been laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I'm not a believer of metacritic scores defining a game, but it's worth noting that if Live stays in the 60s metacritic score, it will finish higher than NHL 15. Anyone who would have made that prediction a year ago would have been laughed at.
    NHL 15 is the best representation of hockey that the series ever has had. It, of course, scored low because of a lack of modes. If NBA Live finishes higher than NHL it's not a feather in their cap, imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Lack of modes trumps Gameplay in people's minds? lol

Yeah metascores...whatever those are..are useless and reason I don't pay attention to them or reviews really.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Lack of modes trumps Gameplay in people's minds? lol

Yeah metascores...whatever those are..are useless and reason I don't pay attention to them or reviews really.
    Yes, sadly. People want their EASHL so they can create a black player with blonde hair who wears florescent skates and equipment.

Also, yes, metawhatever. Useless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Personally I like Metacritic scores. They do give a general idea of how a game is even if it isn't perfect. 90+ = special game, 80+=buy, 70+= rent/could be good, Less than 70 largely means rental/cheap/don't bother with.

Played another game this morning (and I have been on All-Star - I like how the demo remembers your settings). Durant did not touch the ball much for the CPU in another Cavs victory for me. I can see concerns that the cpu does not play like a real team. Free throws are easy once you learn how so I switched that to ratings only.

A sweet user block and a sweet alley oop to Bron after he called for it.

User block #PS4share NBA Live 15

Alley oop

I do like the announcing. Jeff Van Gundy will talk some smack saying this game is horrible if you aren't executing on offense. Made me laugh.

Got around to trying the demo and I must say the game has improved. Sadly it does not touch 2k14 so I bought 2k15. This game needs an edge to compete with a superior product. If it cost less at launch it may help.

I have 2k14 for PS4, haven't played it but a handful of times, I'd need to play it more to give a good comparison of the 2 games.

Played NBA Live 15 on Xbox 1 last night with my son. We only played one game then we had homework to do.

The teaching/tips orientation section the game starts with is nice. Especially if you're like me and haven't played a basketball game much since Double Dribble. It was a lot to take in but I'm sure over time we'll get the hang of it.

First impressions, the shooting release seems like it might be tough to get used to, it seems like I'm early or late and there isn't much window in between early vs late release.

The graphics are very nice, the crowd sounds are very good too, sounds just like it does on a t.v. broadcast. The announcers are good, they seem fair, we are just learning and not good and we missed a ton of shots, it was funny to hear the announcer say at the start of the 4th that he's glad this poor display is almost over. LOL

It was strange at the end when the game was over the players were walking around high-fiving the air. I'm not sure if they were supposed to be saluting the crowd? or if there was supposed to be another player there to high-10 back with, it's like they were giving high-5s and high-10s to mid air. Another thing that is different is when you are shooting free throws, if you miss on the first one the ball will bounce around and either lay still in the lane or roll off away from the basket. Everyone just stands there and watches it roll away. You never see a ref or player pick it up, then all of a sudden the free throw shooter has the ball back, it's like a cut scene or animation is missing.

As far as dunks go, I'm going to have to practice more, I had quite a few of dunk opportunities but my player would do a smooth lay-up instead. I'd like to slam it down if possible, I'm sure it's something I need to practice more. I was able to get one good hammer dunk but I don't know what I did differently with the controls to get him to do it. I would say out of 10 chances he dunked it 1 time.

I also like how you can adjust your plays on the fly. Using the D-pad you can select different plays, Man, 3-2, 2-3, etc... but it's nice you can do it anytime. On Fifa for example that has always been one of my issues is you can't make adjustments anytime. On Fifa the ball has to be in play so it's like they force you to make strategy changes on the fly, not while throwing the ball in, or waiting for the kick-off after a goal. On NBA Live 15, I was able to change the strategy at anytime which is nice.

So far it seems like a good game. I'll keep playing and report back with more observations.

Make sure you turbo when you try to dunk or its just a layup. You have to take off farther away too from my experience with the demo.

Make sure you turbo when you try to dunk or its just a layup. You have to take off farther away too from my experience with the demo.
    Thank you sir, I'll try and see what happens.

Ok, we went back and did the in-game tutorials. We are now playing above the rim. Played 2 games tonight, I won 1 and he won 1, he was very excited to win. We're starting to learn defense too, seems like we had more blocked shots, other times it seems like it's crazy fast break b-ball and scoring on both ends.

I am really like the crowd sounds. I played as the Boston Celtics and was down by 5 against his Bulls, I was at home and would take a 3-point shot and the crowd all yells "THREE....!!!" then I'd clank it off the iron and they all yell, "ooooohhhhhhh......" when they start chanting DEFENSE DEFENSE it's pretty sweet!

It takes a while, then you have that a-ha moment on shooting.
    The dude abides.