Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 College Basketball Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    And #14 Maryland, a team that has been to the Final Four twice, won a championship, etc, and again, ranked #14, storms the court after beating #5 Wisconsin. For fuck's sake Maryland.

#TheScriptIsDead
    Maryland basketball fans are trash and were the WORST in the ACC I am thankful I no longer have to watch that trash as they have moved on to the Big whatever:

5:28

players, parents, fans should be thankful Twerp fans spared them from "stoning" them with batteries, bottles and any other object they can find to throw at them.

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...r#.VO31UfnF-7E

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    K-State apologizes for court storming

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...court-storming
    Compared to the talking heads who were wetting themselves yesterday crying that court storming should be outlawed, I like it and think it is good for the sport and fans. I've (half-)joked that some school that doesn't have much of an identity in basketball (IE: Nebraska ) should storm the court after every win, no matter the foe for a unique tradition.

IMO, the issue in Manhattan wasn't the court storming, it was a few idiot students who need identified & punished and the school/arena for not having proper security for KU coaches/players after the game.

New adidas post-season uniforms:

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Compared to the talking heads who were wetting themselves yesterday crying that court storming should be outlawed, I like it and think it is good for the sport and fans. I've (half-)joked that some school that doesn't have much of an identity in basketball (IE: Nebraska ) should storm the court after every win, no matter the foe for a unique tradition.

IMO, the issue in Manhattan wasn't the court storming, it was a few idiot students who need identified & punished and the school/arena for not having proper security for KU coaches/players after the game.
    Problem is one of these days a player is going to get hurt. No amount of after the fact punishment could possibly take care of a situation where say a future NBA player/superstar gets severely injured and loses his career b/c some moron thought he had a "right" to act like an idiot and rush the court.

I could not care less if one of these college students gets their heads cut off while they act like morons. In fact I hope it happens every single time there is a court storming and I hope its aired live on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Yeah that has been the rumor since the dismissal.

EDIT: Word on the street is the school investigated (once it learned of the allegations - as required by law) and did not find enough evidence to proceed with student disciplinary hearings. its not clear why but likely 1 of 2 things (1) alleged victims refused to cooperate; or (2) their accusations did not add up and to lead to probable cause.

the school's hands are tied as they are not permitted to discuss this as Suilamon (and presumably the 2 women) are all still students at the school and thus the school cannot violate their "privacy rights" according to Federal law.
    Last edited by CLW; 03-03-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Statement from Duke's athletic director

I want to clarify the role of Duke Athletics staff and coaches in the student conduct process at Duke. Any allegation of student misconduct that is brought to the attention of our staff and coaches is immediately referred to the Office of Student Conduct in Student Affairs, which has responsibility for upholding the Duke code of conduct. The athletics department does not investigate or adjudicate matters of student conduct, and cooperates completely in the process. The investigations are conducted thoroughly, in a timely manner, and with great care to respect the privacy and confidentiality of all students involved. Those procedures have been, and continue to be, followed by Coach Mike Krzyzewski and all members of the men's basketball program. Coach Krzyzewski and his staff understand and have fulfilled their responsibilities to the university, its students and the community. As specified by federal law and university policy, all Duke officials, including Coach Krzyzewski, are prohibited from commenting publicly on any specific individual or situation.

SI confirms what I had heard. Duke investigated the rumors and the investigation did not find enough evidence to proceed against Suilamon for the assault allegations. Now this could be because the alleged victims did not cooperate or it could be because the claims had no credibility. We will never know.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball...-investigation

Selection Sunday is here. Anyone interested in a TGT Bracket Pool? If so, let me know and I can set one up on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Selection Sunday is here. Anyone interested in a TGT Bracket Pool? If so, let me know and I can set one up on ESPN.
    I am always game!

Can't beat that world-class analysis...

Jay Bilas hosting SportsCenter tonight. Interesting.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Can't beat that world-class analysis...

Apparently, Nebraska has never been to overtime.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Apparently, Nebraska has never been to overtime.

#TheScriptIsDead
    We save our scoring droughts for regulation, pal! (Which keeps NU from getting to an OT period. )

Ben Howland resurfaces at Mississippi State. Probably a very good spot for him. Hopefully he learned to avoid the bad apples that sunk him at UCLA. That's a good hire for them IMO.

Arizona State fires Herb Sendek and last I read is targeting Duke assistant and former Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel.

Yeah, such high hopes this year for NU. Lots of people picking us to win the conference; which I thought was delusional, but I didn't think it would be this bad. At least the best scorers come back, and hopefully the new blood coming in bring us back to the dance next season.
    The dude abides.

Steve Lavin out at St. John's. Donnie Tyndall terminated at Tennessee. More talk that Rick Barnes is out at Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Steve Lavin out at St. John's. Donnie Tyndall terminated at Tennessee. More talk that Rick Barnes is out at Texas.
    Donnie Tyndall was terminated because of the looming penalties we'll get at Southern Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Donnie Tyndall was terminated because of the looming penalties we'll get at Southern Miss.
    Yeah NCAA apparently sent a draft Show Cause letter to which led to the immediate firing.

Tennessee will be on their 3rd coach in 4 years right?

Goodness

Gregg Marshall and Shaka Smart rumored as top contenders for Texas job. (No surprise there.)