Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Planning for Next Season (2015)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    One thing I definitely wouldn't touch is the speed threshold. Bama burned me three times because their WRs must have had a speed advantage. Wouldn't want to take that away.
    Yeah... I have no plans to change that. One thing I am thinking about changing is the Game Speed, possibly all the way to Very Fast. By giving us less reaction time, it increases the CPU's chances.

Even my "fast" guys run slow when trying to get out of backfield. Like they are running in sand and the DE out of a cannon.

But yeah the speed threshold is nice I suppose. That probably has more to do with blocking and their run defense.

I'd like it at Normal still. This game already moves at warp speed I'm terms of the player movement

Our reaction is slow IMO. Well when the WR breaks and our defenders are still 10 yards behind by the time we click on I can't seem to get anywhere near the WR. It's like they find out late "oh he ran the other way"

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Even my "fast" guys run slow when trying to get out of backfield. Like they are running in sand and the DE out of a cannon.
    How's their ACC or AGI ratings? Those make a much bigger difference now.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yeah... I have no plans to change that. One thing I am thinking about changing is the Game Speed, possibly all the way to Very Fast. By giving us less reaction time, it increases the CPU's chances.
    I wouldn't mind trying it at the very least.

Sometimes while on offense I feel I can create yards from my anticipation which I don't think the cpu has the same chance from. With a change like this I believe it would equal out a bit more.

I'm down with it.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I wouldn't mind trying it at the very least.

Sometimes while on offense I feel I can create yards from my anticipation which I don't think the cpu has the same chance from. With a change like this I believe it would equal out a bit more.
    well that too may be because their pass coverage is at a 5 or however low it is.

Heisman default sliders I didn't notice being able to do that.

My starting RB has decent numbers. Just the CPU's immaculate run defense and our bad blocking I guess

the computers pass defense should be way higher than 5 now it makes sense that it was pretty easy to pass.

G, it's worth noting that one thing we didn't apply from the Ratings based sliders that Escobar recommended is the penalty sliders. I wonder how much of a difference that would make.

Quote Originally Posted by marcotte14 View Post
    the computers pass defense should be way higher than 5 now it makes sense that it was pretty easy to pass.
    I bet our reaction vs theirs wouldn't be nearly as noticeable against them if it were at 50.

Maybe offline is different but with equally rated players reaction isn't the way it is now.

G, it's worth noting that one thing we didn't apply from the Ratings based sliders that Escobar recommended is the penalty sliders. I wonder how much of a difference that would make.
    It's also worth noting that the creator says that the sliders are for those that want ratings based sliders and may not be challenging for skilled players

I'm playing around with sliders and here's what I've come up with so far. I think it plays a really good, challenging game without feeling completely useless. It's considerably more difficult on offense and I'm still tweaking that, but this is what I have to start with. Let me know any feedback so far.

I haven't touched penalties yet but that's also something I want to adjust before we call these final.

Settings
    CPU Offensive Skill Heisman
    CPU Defensive Skill Heisman
    User vs User Skill Heisman
    Quarter Length 8 Minutes
    Game Speed Normal
    Very Fast
    Speed Threshold 0
    Home Field Advantage On
    Ice the Kicker Off
    On

Penalties
    Offsides 50
    False Start 50
    Holding 50
    Facemask 50
    Offensive Pass Interference 50
    Defensive Pass Interference 50
    KR/PR Interference 50
    Clipping 50
    Intentional Grounding 50
    Roughing the Passer 50
    Roughing the Kicker 50

Sliders
    Slider HUM CPU
    QB Accuracy 10
    Pass Blocking 45
    WR Catching 30
    RB Ability 50 60
    Run Blocking 5 75
    Pass Coverage 100 5
    Interceptions 40 40
    Rush Defense 40 90
    Tackling 45 60
    FG Power 25 45
    FG Accuracy 5 40
    Punt Power 25 40
    Punt Accuracy 50 70
    Kickoff Power 35 40

Here's the penalty sliders that were originally posted with the sliders we've been using:
    Penalties

Offside: 50
    False Start: 50
    Holding: 50
    Face Mask: 55
    OPI: 50
    DPI: 50
    KR/PR Inter: 50
    Clipping: 55
    Int Grounding: 75
    RTP: 54
    RTK: 50

I don't think we should lower the Rush defense for the cpu, its easy enough to run the ball as is, and IMO bumping the user pass coverage to 100 is crazy. I understand our teams are bad (even though a user team won the NC) our teams are getting better quick. I'm willing to try anything though, anything to make the cpu more competitive, but keeping it realistic as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by marcotte14 View Post
    I don't think we should lower the Rush defense for the cpu, its easy enough to run the ball as is, and IMO bumping the user pass coverage to 100 is crazy. I understand our teams are bad (even though a user team won the NC) our teams are getting better quick. I'm willing to try anything though, anything to make the cpu more competitive, but keeping it realistic as possible.
    Sorry, I typed the wrong number in the original post... as is today, HUM pass coverage is 100.

I just don't care for the game speed.

Didn't care for when Madden forced the Slow speed on Online games

I'm sure there are other ways other than very fast speed. Hell Heisman default sliders would give better pass coverage/reaction I'd think

Again I don't get into slider adjustments but game speed don't care for

Skip, just to clarify, have you actually tried it? Can't tell if your objections are theoretical or based on experience with very fast.

Skip, just to clarify, have you actually tried it? Can't tell if your objections are theoretical or based on experience with very fast.
    Played on Fast once before messing around, not very fast. So between both Madden and NCAA played Slow and Fast. One extreme to the next in terms of the difference between the two. Slow was like playing in what I'd imagine it being like in a tar pit. Fast another extreme opposite. Can't imagine me liking Very fast when I didn't like fast. I can not care for the speed without having tried it

The game shouldn't need this kind of tweaking to make it difficult I wouldn't think.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    The game shouldn't need this kind of tweaking to make it difficult I wouldn't think.
    Welcome to EA football.

Welcome to EA football.
    lol

I mean I know Defense sucks but I'll give up tackling rather than game speed though in all seriousness haha