Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K15 - Impressions & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA 2K15 - Impressions & General Discussion

Post your NBA 2K15 thoughts and general discussion in this thread!

GameFly shipping to me so I should have this bad boy by Thursday or Friday this week. I'm sure I'll be playing quite a bit with the nephew who loves the series.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/...anner-xbox-ps4

Yikes!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

The most immediate thing is the better design of the menus and how much smoother they are to navigate. I know it's kind of a dumb thing to touch upon, but with how bad and clunky the UI has been in recent years, it's nice to see it finally be competent.

Player movement is also smoother and you have more control over your player, which was the 2nd most annoying thing the past few years. It's still not perfect, but it's better than last year.

There was a ton of AI problems and I've only played one game, so that's not enough time to see if they improved things like double team logic, zone defense logic/rotation, rebounding, etc...

Derrick Rose got hurt in the 1st quarter of my game, though, so I hope that wasn't a sign of things to come.

Still waiting for the disc to finish installing. 51GB and a 1GB update file because this games loves GB's.

I played one qtr of a game to "Personal Jesus" and the one thing that still bothers me is the rumble. Why on earth tie it to dribbling? Leave it to contact. I love the rumble but have to turn it off because one offense I want to thrown my controller at the TV.

Between the face scans and servers issues last night (expected on day one), the game was getting skewered on my Twitter timeline last night. However, when the servers were holding up it did seem to be getting good reviews/comments.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Are players still capable of making a number of moves moving and dribbling with the ball only hitting the ground once?

Last year's version I seen that quite a few times

Does anyone here have it?

The dude abides.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Does anyone here have it?

I have the PC version. Haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I wish there was a demo. The game looks really nice but I need to feel the player control and court spacing.

It appears me and IOU have it based on our posts above.

Too busy playing Destiny and doing the Raid to get shards and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I wish there was a demo. The game looks really nice but I need to feel the player control and court spacing.
    VERY preliminary impressions from basically just a quarter of basketball, but I REALLY like the spacing and the movement. It doesn't seem as floaty. It doesn't seem like people can do ridiculous moves while walking but not getting called for it. The spacing pretty damn nice. They seem to have revamped the plays again to actually run plays that work. You're still sometimes running plays where guys are guarded well and they aren't moving, so there is still the issue of them not maneuvering to create space, but it still seems better than 2k14. The graphics are QUITE nice (not even playing maxed out on my PC because I don't have a good enough video card to do so). They have redone the hair to make it look like actual hair (something that drove me CRAZY about the game before - the hair just looked atrocious, even on real players). They have the opening ceremonies of all the teams in the game, finally, which is nice to see. Presentation is still absolutely top notch. Haven't done anything with the online. About to dive into the My Player stuff (always been my favorite part of the game) and probably going to check out the My GM and My Franchise stuff to see how that goes (sim a few years in advance and see what happens since that was always where the previous versions of the game would just break because it would never have prospects that actually turned out to be good at all).

Overall, I could see this being a pretty big step forward for people, especially people that haven't touched the series in a year or two.

Nice impressions Mors!

Sounds great! I plan on picking this up on Friday after I get paid.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Wow. The My Player revamp is HUGE. It's TOTALLY different. I don't even know if I'm going to make a team now!

The spacing is DEFINITELY better. Players move with momentum, which can be a bit difficult to get used to at first. THEY ACTUALLY CALL MOVING SCREENS!!! Two games into My Player and I've had 4 moving screens called on me (playing a big lumbering Center). Definitely gotta make sure you're not moving when you set that screen.

I'm enjoying the game. Gonna be Monday before I get a chance to touch it again, but I'm itching to play more already. Basketball season is about to start up and this game has got me pumped to play more. I just hope the GM stuff is as good as the My Player stuff. I'm blown away by how well done the presentation is for My Player. Just wow.

Just finished playing a shitload more of the My Player stuff. Only issue I've found so far is the who to guard indicator will sometimes lock onto someone on the bench for a series. It will fix itself after a change of possession though. Not sure if it's a PC only glitch or it's happening on the consoles as well, but it was very confusing when it first happened but it wasn't a huge deal since I normally don't follow the who to guard indicator anyway and just cover the dude who I'm supposed to be on all the time anyway (should probably just turn the damn indicator off already).

I will say, I started over with a SG instead of a Center and the momentum is definitely still tough to deal with. I'm definitely having issues with staying infront of the person I'm supposed to cover though I've never exactly been amazing at that aspect of defense anyway. Being able to shoot the ball even semi-well (67+ rating) makes playing a position a bit easier to deal with. It is VERY interesting dealing with not being on a team until almost a 3rd of the NBA season is over with and see players injured and thus the reason for you being on the team or just seeing teams start to tank (like the Denver Nuggets, who I'm attempting to get a roster spot on right now) and start signing younger guys to see if they can find a diamond in the rough or whatever.

There is a bit of an issue with rosters (again, not sure if it's the PC version or consoles too) when it comes to teams interested in signing you at the start. Minnesota was 99% interested in signing me as a SG simply because the way they have Eric Bledsoe listed in the game as a PG first and a SG second, the game's logic thinks that Minnesota only has one SG on their roster instead of the three that they have. Bit sad to see glitch happening because it probably means that the logic for the CPU to drafting players might be fucked as well since they could draft a SG #1 overall the year before, get another high pick in that year's draft only to draft another highly rated SG because the first one ended up playing PG as well and had PG listed first instead of SG listed first since it is their primary position on the court. We'll see though. Gonna try to do some testing either tomorrow evening or Tuesday evening in the Franchise and My Team mode to see what happens there.

Picked this up finally after trying the demo for Live. Very impressed again.

New locker code: NEWYEARNEWGEAR

Assuming it's the same for all, it unlocked a pair of Air Jordans for MyPlayer.