Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA 2K15 - Impressions & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    The latest roster update has the 2015 All-Star Game uniforms, court, and rosters.

However, just like the ASG unis in LIVE 15, they are incorrect. It looks like each company made their unis based on early mocks and since then team logo and first name were added to the uniform back. I wonder if either will update them at some point.

Image courtesy OS:

I like the subway sign at midcourt.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I like the subway sign at midcourt.
    IIRC, both games had apparently received early inaccurate mock-ups of the ASG court last year and (at least Live) updated it later on. This design seems pretty basic aside from the sign at midcourt. It just screams inaccurate (missing some art) to me, but I could be wrong.

Per OS:

The Old Town Flyers officially won the MyPARK Championship a couple of weeks ago for winning the most Rival Days across all platforms. They are scheduled to receive a newly designed home park on February 27th.

The new park will be located on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. More details to come.

If you are a member of the Sunset Beach Ballers or Rivet City Rough Riders, you will need a rep level of Pro 3 or higher to travel to the new park.

Not sure what happened, but following a PS4 HD swap (unrelated to the issue I think) my MyPlayer/MyPark files went corrupt losing about 20 hours or so of progress.

2K Support has been pretty quick & good about helping, but is not able to restore the files. While they seemed to infer I was at fault (shut off console while saving; didn't quit game from main menu - didn't do either), they also had a quick form response for this scenario and I've noticed an increased number of people contacting @2ksupport on Twitter with the same issue over the last few days. It seems that their resolution is/will be to give me back all VC earned spent to get my player back to the same rating as when the file went bad (low 80s OVR) but in-game progress is unrecoverable. I'm just glad I didn't spend any real-life money to ramp up my player; those who have seem to be the most upset on social media (and rightfully so).

2K really has to rework how they handle files as there is too much reliance on online connectivity & servers. Similarly to NCAA Football, using an older file should be able to restore a save that has gone bad. What's worse is that it appears this issue has been around for several years as I'm seeing people mentioning it in previous versions.

I was enjoying MyPark despite some annoying gameplay aspects & exploits, but this will probably be enough to stop playing and sell the game. unless by some act of God my MyPark progress is still intact.

I'm guessing MyPark progress is stored on the server?
    The dude abides.

CD if you plan on selling it let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm guessing MyPark progress is stored on the server?
    We'll find out soon enough. Right now with things in their current state I can't even connect to their servers.

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    CD if you plan on selling it let me know.
    I'm seeing that someone else with this issue had a week wait to get the issue resolved (VC refund issued), so I will see if I can connect after that and if MyPark progress is still intact. If not, I'll figure out a good price for you.

I'm thinking of writing up an article on this, so for my own reference I'm going to archive some tweets/links of others with the same issue.

Spoiler: show

"2k corrupt file" shows users having this issue for the past several years

Even more, now from Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/NBA2K/posts/10155300425015305

https://www.facebook.com/NBA2K/posts/10155296767305305
    Last edited by cdj; 03-06-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Potential major deal alert for tomorrow on NBA 2K15:

It would be nice if it was on Canadian Amazon. I no longer have access to the US one since my brother switched jobs and no longer works in Detroit. They rarely ship to Canada. Depends on the item.

Curry had $19 points last night, so $19 off. I'm guessing they're charging a full $59.99 which means it'll still be $40.99.

#TheScriptIsDead

I don't know if their community managers asked/started this, but the #2k16ideas hashtag has turned pretty humorous/silly.