Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIFA 15 - Impressions & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

FIFA 15 - Impressions & General Discussion

With the game now available via EA Access, post your thoughts, media, and impressions here.

watched a bit from Pasta Padre's feed and gameplay wise looked the same to me as FIFA 14 (which isn't bad) but I just never play this game enough to justify $60. GameFly for me.

Think I might stream during football.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Think I might stream during football.

Text me, if you do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Text me, if you do.

I'm going to. Just gotta let it download. Only 12 GB though.

The dude abides.

I'll be live streaming FIFA 15 tonight at 7 central!

www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers
    The dude abides.

I'm now live!
    The dude abides.

I will be pre-loading FIFA 15 today and will be playing tomorrow night as soon as it is available. Kinda aggravated that this game won't be playable until 12 am Pacific, particularly after NHL was available at 12 am Eastern.

Regardless, I'm more excited to get my mitts on this game as I have been for any game in a long time. I don't think I've been anticipating a release this much since FIFA 13.

Less than 15 hours till kickoff and I can't wait!

I will be streaming some tonight but the game does not release, digitally, until midnight Pacific so I'm sure all of you worker bees will be fast asleep. Ram, let me know if there are any socks you want to see, I know you will be awake.

The dude abides.

A few quick impressions, I have others in the demo thread that still apply.

When you make a substitution it appears as though the game adds 20 to 25 seconds to the clock. That is huge because when you are leading late it will make subs become tactical to burn the clock. Really glad to see that.

I played my first match. Default sliders on Pro (Slow speed) with 10 minute halves. My controls are a combination of Manual and Semi. I was Chelsea and played against Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge.

The Villains took the lead on a goal from distance (about 23 yards) by Westwood in the 22 minute. Oscar leveled from 10 yards at 24' and Hazard win it from 5 yards late on (76').

I used Combo voice commands to change to Possession/Park the Bus for the final 14 minutes and held on for a 2-1 decision.

I'm having trouble posting my stats right now but I will get them posted soon enough.

I would like to slow the game down a bit more and I think some adjustments to Marking and Life Width will also be necessary.

Very fun though, right out of the box.

Picked up Fifa 15 today after a few service calls, I messed around with the skills challenges, they are really fun, some can get pretty darn hard. There is a passing drill that is on all manual control and you have to pass the ball into a circle of small goals, you are standing in the middle of the ring and have to make the passes, rapid fire like yet with precision. I tried that one for about 30 mins and couldn't get anywhere near the required 25,000 points to pass. I think the best I could muster was around 12,000 points. SUPER DUPER HARD!!

I started a Manager Career with Newport County in Football League 2 just to give me something to do while I work on sliders. I doubt I'll take this career very far.

Anyhow, I went 1-1-1 in my preseason friendlies. I opened with a 2-2 draw with Al-Faisaly, won 2-0 over Swindon Town and lost 3-2 to Palestino.

I'm about to open league play with a trip to Dagenham.

In my 3 matches there were 9 fouls and 4 bookings. Others are reporting seeing as many as 16 fouls and 6 bookings against one team in a single match. I'm not sure if i simply have not encountered the right referee yet or if there is something about the way that I play that is causing me to not see as many fouls. Time will tell.

I'm playing on World Class and I'm having fun with it. I thought that with the addition of a sixth skill level this year that I may have to go down a level since it seems most people are. So far the only thing that I'm really struggling with is keeping the CPU Pass Accuracy under control.
    I drew the match at Dagenham and Redbridge, 1-1. There were a total of 19 shots with 6 on target. Dagenham had 58% of the possession and there were 3 fouls with no bookings.

Next up, a trip to Millwall for the first round of the Capital One Cup.

I pulled a minor upset in the Capital One Cup by beating Millwall on penalties. The match went through extra time level at 2, before I won 5-4 in 6 rounds of penalty kicks.

I was outshot by the Lions 17 (5) to 11 (4) and they had 57% possession. There were 5 fouls, no bookings and 10 corners. I limited Millwall to 76% passing so it seems I'm getting that under control.

The win means that I'll face Rochdale in the second round.

Up next though is another League 2 match. This time away to Stevenage.

I conceded in the 86th minute at Stevenage and ended up with a 1-1 draw. I did outshoot them 11 (5) to 8 (3) but Stevenage had 56% possession. There were 7 fouls and 3 yellow cards in the match. Also, I limited them to 74% passing.

I'm considering moving to 20 minute halves. Right now it appears that my shooting stats would be spot on if I did. Then it would be a matter of zeroing in on the number of goals. Before I make that decision, I want to play with some Premier League clubs to be sure the numbers are static. If they are, I will begin my Chelsea career.

Should i continue this career, Newport County's next match is their home opener. Oxford United will visit in a Football League 2 clash.

My goal is to actually get through a few seasons in Football League 1 to try to get promoted.
    The dude abides.

My goal is to actually get through a few seasons in Football League 1 to try to get promoted.
    Why League 1?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Why League 1?

Because I doubt I'll get enough seasons in to try to get from League 2 to Premier League.
    The dude abides.

Because I doubt I'll get enough seasons in to try to get from League 2 to Premier League.
    Gotcha.