Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FIFA 15 - Impressions & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Got a 1-0 win over Oxford United. Limited them to 73% passing and outshot them 14 (4) to 4 (1) despite their 55% possession. There were 4 fouls and no bookings.

I've heard some talk that raising Marking may decrease the fouls and bookable offences. I have Marking at 55 so I'm going to reduce it to 52 for the next match and see what happens. If the results aren't disastrous I'll go back to 50.

Next up is a league clash at Shrewsbury.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

With Making at 52 the results were just fine. I got a 2-1 win over Shrewsbury. Their only goal came from a free kick in the 5th minute.

I had the advantage in shots 13 (5) to 10 (3) but they had 56% possession. There were 5 fouls, including a yellow and a straight red (taken by the CPU in the 80th minute). Passing was 72% to 66% in favor of Shrewsbury.

Next up is a trip to Gillingham in the opening round of the Football League Trophy (aka Johnstone's Paint Trophy). I'm going to play with Making back down at 50 since 52 didn't seem to have any negative affects.

Can you share sliders this year like in Madden?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Can you share sliders this year like in Madden?
    No. At least not that I've seen.

It's too early for me too be sure but I may need different sliders or adjustments for lower leagues. When I use my sliders in League 2 they are great. When I play a Play Now match in the Premier League with the same sliders I get destroyed. I'll figure out out.

For the record, the demo for PES 15 is available and the game releases next Tuesday.

I had a chance to play a match last night. I like that I could adjust the time up to 10 minutes (5 minute halves) and some of the gameplay felt really nice. Overall though, the visuals fall short of FIFA, the controls aren't as tight as FIFA and there is no commentary (again) and the overall presentation is lacking. In my opinion, there isn't enough in the demo to spur me to buying this game. If there is a BIG price drop down the line, I may consider it just to see what the full retail offers because the demo is BLAND.

It hurts the demo, in my opinion, that there are NO English clubs on it. There were 4 Spanish clubs (Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao) and 2 Italian clubs (Juventus, Napoli). There may have been another 1 or 2 but I'm pretty sure that is it. I know it may be a licensing issue but it is tough to sell a game using a demo that does not include the MOST WATCHED sporting league in the world.

I've read that nearly every team plays the same and you don't really feel a difference when playing a premier club over an inferior one.
    Is that true?
    I'm actually very interested in getting into FIFA 15. I've read the franchise/dynasty mode is fantastically deep. Any thoughts on that?

The Manager Career Mode is pretty deep. There is always more that could be added but it is enough to keep you busy.

I would disagree about the small clubs feeling the same. If you have good sliders and use say, Port Vale, against Chelsea you will get what's coming to you.

FIFA is a great franchise and I play it The Show almost exclusively these days. If your football knowledge is solid, you will pick it up and love it. If you're no expert, you will likely get sucked in to wanting to learn what the heck is going on with all the competitions.

Either way, we're here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The Manager Career Mode is pretty deep. There is always more that could be added but it is enough to keep you busy.

I would disagree about the small clubs feeling the same. If you have good sliders and use say, Port Vale, against Chelsea you will get what's coming to you.

FIFA is a great franchise and I play it The Show almost exclusively these days. If your football knowledge is solid, you will pick it up and love it. If you're no expert, you will likely get sucked in to wanting to learn what the heck is going on with all the competitions.

Either way, we're here to help.
    My knowledge of soccer (football) is basically zero.
    But I'm tired of playing the same sports games year after year. And I've always heard good things about FIFA. I'm really into Dynasty Modes so that's why I thought FIFA might be a good fit.

I've also read that PES is really good, gameplay wise. Not having real teams probably won't hurt me because I couldn't name 2 teams outside of Manchester and Juventes, haha.

With FIFA 16 coming out, I may pick-up FIFA 15 on the cheap.

Thanks for the advice I'll probably need!