Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHL 15 - Impressions & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    http://o.canada.com/technology/gamin...ssing-features

Seems like a fair review. Steeler what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    http://o.canada.com/technology/gamin...ssing-features

Seems like a fair review. Steeler what do you think?
    I don't agree with everything, obviously, but it is fair. That said, I would give a higher score than 5.5 simply because I don't give a rat's ass about 90% of what is missing.

I've played 6 or 8 games now and the gameplay is good. The one oddity I've noticed is that the puck never goes over the glass. I can live with that.

I feel confident that I can get a great (and fun) game of hockey with this title and still get realistic stats and results. It's just going to take a little slider work.

Once the slider work is done, I'm positive I will get my money's worth out of this game simply by playing BAGM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Steeler, let me know when you plan to start up your franchise (I assume Pittsburgh?). Are you going to live stream like with The Show?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Steeler, let me know when you plan to start up your franchise (I assume Pittsburgh?). Are you going to live stream like with The Show?
    Yes, Pittsburgh and yes, I'll stream. It's going to be awhile though.

1) I need to get sliders worked out.

2) I want to wait until the first roster update comes out AFTER the start of the NHL season so that at least some of the rookies will be in.

Update 1.02 is out. It includes the 3 Stars, among many other changes.

I'm just going to take a year off on this one and play more Madden and FIFA I think.
    The dude abides.

Question, sorry if this is a silly question but I can't seem to find the tutorials. In Madden 15 and Fifa 15 there are in game tutorials or skill challenges that basically teach you the fundamentals then test your ability to master them....

Is this somewhere in NHL 15? I haven't played much hockey since back on Sega Genesis, so I was hoping to find a skill tutorial or mode that teaches you the basics. I have found the practice rink where it's just me and the keeper but it doesn't really tell you anything. Are you just supposed to memorize the controls and go from there?

Is there a mode/feature menu that I'm talking about and I'm just missing it?

Unfortunately, Gus, there is not a tutorial out any skills games this year. Your best bet is probably to look up the manual online and try moves out in Practice.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Unfortunately, Gus, there is not a tutorial out any skills games this year. Your best bet is probably to look up the manual online and try moves out in Practice.

Thank you.

For any other new people to the NHL series or recently new I did find this site, it seems to break things down nicely.

http://nhlguides.net/controls/

It seems that some people are really unhappy with the 1.03 tuner release. The loudest complaints appear to be aimed at robo goalies, over the top hitting and a CPU that appears to have boosts. One likened it to NHL Hitz.
    Is anyone else finding this to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    It seems that some people are really unhappy with the 1.03 tuner release. The loudest complaints appear to be aimed at robo goalies, over the top hitting and a CPU that appears to have boosts. One likened it to NHL Hitz.
    Is anyone else finding this to be true?
    The goalies do seem alot better, but they needed to be. I don't see any difference in the hitting (of course it may be because I play offline and can tone it down with sliders) except that the CPU actually hits more (giving some balance by hitting as much as I hit). I'm not sure about CPU boosts. The CPU is much more competitive but it could be because I moved up to Superstar after 1.03.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The goalies do seem alot better, but they needed to be. I don't see any difference in the hitting (of course it may be because I play offline and can tone it down with sliders) except that the CPU actually hits more (giving some balance by hitting as much as I hit). I'm not sure about CPU boosts. The CPU is much more competitive but it could be because I moved up to Superstar after 1.03.
    Cool, thanks for the quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Cool, thanks for the quick response!

I knew there was a lot missing but not THAT much missing. I think I may pass on NHL this year now.