Thread: OS: NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick

• Facebook
  • Display

OS: NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick

We had our first glimpse of NBA Live 15 way back in April, then in June we found out the release date (October 7th) and read an open letter from Sean O’Brien, which promised a lot for NBA Live fans to be excited about. Here is a direct quote from it.

Quote:
    We’ll start sharing gameplay details in July, and will continue to provide in-depth insight through August and September. During this time there will be plenty of content popping up here on the NBA LIVE website, as well as hands-on previews from your favorite sports and gaming outlets. We know we’ve got a lot to prove this year, and we’ve got a solid plan in place to provide you with all the details and take the first steps to making NBA LIVE 15 a game you’re excited to play.

Looking back at July, gameplay details were not revealed. In fact, the only real information that we had in the month of July was that a demo could come earlier than expected and they placed the @NBA Twitter handle on the basketball. Maybe the loss of Scott O'Gallaher sent them scrambling? Who knows, let's move on to August.

This month has been filled with screenshots of various arenas and a late Damian Lillard cover announcementwith a few more screenshots of him sprinkled in. Not exactly the "in-depth insight" fans were expecting.

While there were some hands-on impressions in August from GameInformer and MMGN, as well as a podcast from our friends at NLSC, no other site has written anything else about the game.

So here we are, almost in September and we still don't know what to expect from the game. What modes are there? What gameplay changes have been made? What are they hiding from us?

NBA Live fans deserve better.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/...-of-the-stick/

I preferred NBA Live back in the day but this fight is such an uphill battle that I don't know why EA continues to battle a super tough opponent in 2K when they could focus on a baseball game and have NO competition on XBox. With Scott O'Gallagher leaving I think he saw the writing on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I preferred NBA Live back in the day but this fight is such an uphill battle that I don't know why EA continues to battle a super tough opponent in 2K when they could focus on a baseball game and have NO competition on XBox. With Scott O'Gallagher leaving I think he saw the writing on the wall.
    I think when they announced that improvements to franchise mode were not a priority going forward they basically capitulated that 2k is the winner of that mode and they cannot compete. It's too bad because though bare bones the game has the potential to be a decent title. However, if you will not compete with 2k in the mode (franchise) I play most then I don't see it likely I would buy the game.

I'm not convinced the game will actually be released.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I'm not convinced the game will actually be released.
    I am.

However, if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I think when they announced that improvements to franchise mode were not a priority going forward they basically capitulated that 2k is the winner of that mode and they cannot compete. It's too bad because though bare bones the game has the potential to be a decent title. However, if you will not compete with 2k in the mode (franchise) I play most then I don't see it likely I would buy the game.
    This. Franchise and My Player are the ONLY modes I play in sports games. NCAA (offline dynasty ONLY), Madden (offline franchise, maybe Superstar, ONLY), NHL (offline, online with TGT league, Be a GM and Be a Pro ONLY), FIFA (offline Manager and Player careers ONLY), NBA 2K (offline Association and My Player ONLY), MLB The Show (offline franchise and RTTS ONLY).

The NBA Live team has publicly stated that franchise mode is NOT a priority for them, that they are not putting much focus or time into it. Thanks EA and NBA Live team, you just alienated me from your game. My preferred mode isn't good enough for your focus, priority and worth your time, your game isn't worth my money. The new MyLEAGUE (a tinkerer's DREAM) blows away anything EA can offer. NBA 2K gets my money this year.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I am.

However, if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
    Considering I didn't even know Live 14 had been released last year, I guess that answers the question. I was thinking they still hadn't released since Elite.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm pretty sure Live 15 is coming out this year
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    This. Franchise and My Player are the ONLY modes I play in sports games. NCAA (offline dynasty ONLY), Madden (offline franchise, maybe Superstar, ONLY), NHL (offline, online with TGT league, Be a GM and Be a Pro ONLY), FIFA (offline Manager and Player careers ONLY), NBA 2K (offline Association and My Player ONLY), MLB The Show (offline franchise and RTTS ONLY).

The NBA Live team has publicly stated that franchise mode is NOT a priority for them, that they are not putting much focus or time into it. Thanks EA and NBA Live team, you just alienated me from your game. My preferred mode isn't good enough for your focus, priority and worth your time, your game isn't worth my money. The new MyLEAGUE (a tinkerer's DREAM) blows away anything EA can offer. NBA 2K gets my money this year.
    Your bolded comment is something I worry about moving forward. It seems as though less and less focus goes into franchise mode for EA titles and more and more focus goes into other modes to make money. Are we witnessing the slow demise of franchise modes?

Not sure about a demise, just not as in-depth as we may want them to be.
    The dude abides.