Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden Ultimate Team Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden Ultimate Team Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    So... I upgraded my DT last night to an 82 OVR and it did not move my team OVR up at all.

All of my starters are now 78+ OVR with almost all of them at least 80 OVR - do I have to have multiple 85+ guys to get the team to be an 85 OVR?
    The law of averages would have me to believe something to that effect (even though I'm well aware that you don't need a team of all 99s to have a 99-rated team).

#HesABEAST

The dude abides.

Excellent stand-right-there-and-do-nothing defense.

Anyone know if you can trade cards back and forth with another user? Thinking JB (or someone else here) might be able to help me out to get to 85 OVR and then I would return all the cards back plus a bonus as part of my fire sell for the rental.

Played a game this a.m. got up 21-0 after I just destroyed the guy who ran no huddle play action pass on EVERY play and went for it on every 4th down then he rage quit on me as I was about to go up 28-0 just before the half. I'm just bored with the mode and just want the last trophy, move on and take a shower to clean myself from this filth.

Continuing to just grind on this mode last night and this a.m. - now at 83 ovr after getting a "deal" on a Vince Wilfork card. Also pulled some really good cards from packs last night so I put up a bunch of stuff on auction in hopes I can upgrade either MLB or HB with an 85 ovr.

I like my 79 Spiller at HB so I'm leaning towards going after an 85+ MLB tonight.

I've given up on Zac Stacy and went to Eddie Lacy at back. He wasn't cutting the mustard on higher difficulty games.
    The dude abides.

I like my 79 Spiller at HB so I'm leaning towards going after an 85+ MLB tonight.
    I have Spiller right now as well but I'm seriously considering saving up all my coins and going after McCoy. Every single one of my close games in Seasons play is due to Spiller fumbling the ball. It seems like if my opponent big hits him, it's coming out. I've given up more defensive touchdowns from fumble returns than I have to the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I have Spiller right now as well but I'm seriously considering saving up all my coins and going after McCoy. Every single one of my close games in Seasons play is due to Spiller fumbling the ball. It seems like if my opponent big hits him, it's coming out. I've given up more defensive touchdowns from fumble returns than I have to the offense.
    He's only coughed the ball up 2-3 times for me (and all of them were near the sideline so the ball bounced out of bounds). But your right - I'm just looking for bang for the buck to get my 85 OVR. I cannot imagine how much the HBs costs with DTs being a "steal" for 17K.

Does anyone know if the "backups" count towards your OVR team rating. I.e. if I sold my 4th and 5th WRs (who are both 80+ OVR) would that drop my rating?

Does anyone know if the "backups" count towards your OVR team rating. I.e. if I sold my 4th and 5th WRs (who are both 80+ OVR) would that drop my rating?
    Only starters count towards the overall as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Only starters count towards the overall as far as I know.
    Looks like I'm going to have to start selling my #4-6 receivers then. I bought an 85 OVR LG and 85 OVR MLB this a.m. and my Team OVR did not budge stuck at 83. Spiller also cost me a game this a.m. with 2 fumbles lost so he's definitely next on the upgrade list. Problem is I spend basically my entire coin stash on the LG and MLB so I'm going to have to grind out 20-25 K for an upgrade to HB.

Time for a new back to eh clw. I need more time to play mut I just get too busy.

From my freebie packs I got thanks to Skip, I pulled a Dontari Poe last night, 85 OVR DT.
    The dude abides.

Do you just have to play and play like crazy to be able to get packs? I try and play 1 game per day, I've been trying all week to beat that pre-season game of the week and I keep losing. My MUT is a 70 overall, but when you lose you only get around 200 coins. How do ya'll get up to 85+ so fast? Is it that I just lose all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Do you just have to play and play like crazy to be able to get packs? I try and play 1 game per day, I've been trying all week to beat that pre-season game of the week and I keep losing. My MUT is a 70 overall, but when you lose you only get around 200 coins. How do ya'll get up to 85+ so fast? Is it that I just lose all the time?
    winning certainly helps (especially against the CPU). however, playing other users you will usually at least get 1000 coins or a little less for a loss if you finish the game.

personally, i have gotten most of my coins from trading cards like a guy at the NYSE. If the guy isn't a starter when I open the pack I sell it. You can get nearly 1000 coins minimum for every player that can be traded in for a set. In fact, I recently sold like a 64 ovr cb for 900 coins b/c he was part of a set. Guys will look to "snipe" cards if they are only 1-2 cards away so you can make real money fast selling Stadiums and Coaches for 500 coins each.

new challenge ps3

tiny dude

well i finished off back-to-back MUT championships and upgraded my FB and HB positions and smh still only got a bump to 84 OVR. for the love of god i just want the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Do some of the lower solo challenges. They are pretty easy & quick to beat and will typically net 1000+ coins per win. I only do 1-2 MUT games a day and am up to 21k in coins right now.

No guaranteed Legend in the Legend Packs? Okay, I'll be sure not to even consider it then. I actually bought a few bundles last year but so far they've been so garbage that I haven't bought a thing.