Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden 15 PS4/Xbox1 Slider discussions

• Facebook
  • Display
    I've found that blocking sliders simply don't do much. 0 vs 100 is not nearly different enough. Don't waste time with 5 point clicks, use at least 20 point adjustments. WR catch doesn't do much either but I find it's pretty good at default. But all-pro simply has too many sacks on CPU QBs. I was leading the league. CPU qbs are better than before on all-pro but don't do a good enough job getting rid of the ball.

If people don't like the sacks you have to jump to all-madden. I'm enjoying it right now. I struggle to pass so I make adjustments but i'm enjoying it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...p=docslist_api

I wish sliders were easier to understand. I mainly play against my son. When I play against the CPU I've been using Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Sliders http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html

One thing I've noticed when playing against another person (i.e. my Son) is we'll put his on Rookie or Pro level and mine on All-Pro and it doesn't seem to matter, if his is on Rookie mine will also default to Rookie even though I set it on All-Pro. So I doubt that loading the sliders makes a difference when playing human v human especially if you change the difficulty setting for each individual.

It seems like slider sets are very very personal. They depend on your play call style. It seems from reading over there (OS) some people really like one set of sliders then others will complain about it, but it depends on how they play the game. Seems like there are WAY TOO many variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I've found that blocking sliders simply don't do much. 0 vs 100 is not nearly different enough. Don't waste time with 5 point clicks, use at least 20 point adjustments. WR catch doesn't do much either but I find it's pretty good at default. But all-pro simply has too many sacks on CPU QBs. I was leading the league. CPU qbs are better than before on all-pro but don't do a good enough job getting rid of the ball.

If people don't like the sacks you have to jump to all-madden. I'm enjoying it right now. I struggle to pass so I make adjustments but i'm enjoying it.

Sadly, two realities of this game cannot be impacted by sliders: cpu lack of rushing and cpu QB's taking too many sacks. Overall I enjoy the game so much but on all pro the cpu will not even sniff 100 yards rushing and my D will average 6-10 sacks per game due to the cpu not throwing the ball away. This takes so much enjoyment away from the experience.

Make the move to all madden Jaymo!

Have you found a good set of sliders?

Another thing that's strange, sliders seem to work differently when I play vs the CPU and then they are totally different when I play vs my son, not online but in the same room.

I want good sliders or skill level that allows for fun rushing/control. I can't remember how I had it set up, but we played 1 game where I was able to follow blockers, as soon as I'd pass to the WR he'd turn up field, there wasn't all this useless animation where it felt like I didn't have control.

I thought I had it set up the same but the next game I didn't have the control, I'd INT the ball and my DB would take off on his own, WR's would stop before turning up field and the HB has a mind of his own.

Rudy, if you have a good set or good suggestion for a lot of "user control" on ALL-Madden could you please suggest them? I'd like to have better "feel" or better "control" over my players. I don't mind losing, I just don't like not feeling like I have 0 control over them.

Are these the sliders you're currently using? Do they seem to give you good control over your user controlled player?

I see 2 sets there, which one would you suggest and why?

Thank you sir,
    Gus

EDIT: sorry for the brain fart, I need to learn how to read better. I see now that there are 2 sets, one ALL-Pro, the other is ALL-Madden.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 10-12-2014 at 10:44 PM. Reason: brain fart

I just hate how "cheap" it feels playing on ALL MADDEN. However maybe it is better this year? Watching Christian Ponder go 27 for 29 for 300 yards and 2TD's is enough to put me over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Are these the sliders you're currently using? Do they seem to give you good control over your user controlled player?

I see 2 sets there, which one would you suggest and why?

Thank you sir,
    Gus

EDIT: sorry for the brain fart, I need to learn how to read better. I see now that there are 2 sets, one ALL-Pro, the other is ALL-Madden.
    No problem lol. The all madden ones are what I am using and I'm just going to delete the all-pro ones. I keep track of what I use online and I've given up on all pro. I suck at passing so my all madden sliders are very user pass friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I just hate how "cheap" it feels playing on ALL MADDEN. However maybe it is better this year? Watching Christian Ponder go 27 for 29 for 300 yards and 2TD's is enough to put me over the edge.
    It does not feel cheap this year. There is some rob qb but you can tone it down. I'm not losing because of that. Trust me. Ponder is not doing that. You need to try at least one franchise game on all madden.
    Last edited by Rudy; 10-13-2014 at 06:45 AM.

I still may tweak the passing game but I think I just have to accept it. You see more picks than deflections in the game and you SHOULD see about 5 times as many deflections in real life. So I can drop the INT slider and possibly raise the coverage slider to get more deflections but then it just looks a bit stupid seeing a bunch of dropped picks. I'm scared of dropping CPU qb accuracy too much. Right now I'm getting close games.
    Last edited by Rudy; 10-13-2014 at 06:46 AM.

I still may tweak the passing game but I think I just have to accept it. You see more picks than deflections in the game and you SHOULD see about 5 times as many deflections in real life. So I can drop the INT slider and possibly raise the coverage slider to get more deflections but then it just looks a bit stupid seeing a bunch of dropped picks. I'm scared of dropping CPU qb accuracy too much. Right now I'm getting close games.
    My kids are out of school today so we're going to give your ALL-Madden sliders a shot. I mainly play user v user games vs my son, haven't started a CFM yet.

I have noticed while playing against my son the deep ball is pretty much a no go, if you throw deep it's a 95% INT. Other times he'll throw into coverage deep and the WR will come up with it, I'm always amazed. He gets mad, but I tell them over and over, this is why I only throw short and attempt to get YAC. I will throw deep IF the WR is open but not any other time as it's almost always picked off.

The deep passing game is a bit too hard imo. Qbs tend to underthrow it or dbs super jump deflect. Plus dbs seem to be able to play off and still react close enough to play tough outside. Drags are the easiest to complete for me. Same with corner routes to my TE against man. I struggle to get any passes completed down field against zone.

I do think play now games are a bit tougher than franchise. CPU running a bit easier to stop in cfm. Panthers ran on me pretty good two games ago. Got a wild card spot at 10-6.
    Last edited by Rudy; 10-13-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Played against my son with your ALL-Madden sliders.

I was the Cowboys at home against his KC Chiefs. First impressions, the actual control over user players is MUCH MUCH better. I was able to throw crossing routes and the WR would turn up-field as soon as he made the catch, no more standing around taking all day to turn momentum up the field.

Running is hard, but again the control seems to be there, All-Madden seems overall faster than All-Pro so it will take some time getting used to it.

12 min quarters are fun, maybe for me vs the CPU, I think it's too long for my 6 year old, he started getting bored once I was beating him. He still tries to throw deep and ended up throwing a few picks which he'd get upset about. Once he started throwing shorter routes he did much better. He also abandons the run way too soon, but the main thing is he's having fun.

It's also hard to convince him to play field position, as one time he went for a fake punt and converted, now he thinks it will work every time and gets upset when it doesn't. I try and tell him, if he's going to go for it on 4th down he'd be better of keeping his starting QB in and trying to convert with his offensive starters. He likes the idea of tricking me with a fake punt though.

It was nice that I had some overthrows and missed passes with Romo, he wasn't automatic and I had to make sure I was leading the WR and putting the right about of touch on the pass. I like how the passing is on these sliders, again I don't throw deep much. I think I did 1 time on this game and it was picked.

Good sliders, will keep trying them. Thanks for posting them.

When I get a chance Rudy I will try out those sliders. I will probably have to increase cpu D coverage though as I am afraid I will pick the secondary apart. As to the biggest issue though... does the cpu QB throw the ball away OR do they take 6-12 sacks per game???

Glad they worked for you Gus.

Jaymo, I've seen Brady and Luck throw the ball away but it's not often. However, they do get better protection and are a bit smarter so they take less sacks. Way better than all-pro. And I suck at passing so adjust CPU coverage as necessary. ☺

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    When I get a chance Rudy I will try out those sliders. I will probably have to increase cpu D coverage though as I am afraid I will pick the secondary apart. As to the biggest issue though... does the cpu QB throw the ball away OR do they take 6-12 sacks per game???
    I haven't played the CPU yet, played my son today, 3 games, I don't know about picking the secondary apart. On All-Madden the DBs jump the routes pretty well. We both threw a good number of INTs.

I like the sliders!

I agree on the secondary getting better jumps on all-madden. I struggle at times still. I have to be smarter.

I personally find zone coverage more effective than man when I use it. Most NFL teams will be running man to man on third and long but my safeties never make any plays and the corner routes kill me. Anyone have a ball hawking safety that makes any plays for you? Do you guys use more zone than man?

On all-madden I haven't been seeing the CPU drop many passes. Going to tweak that.

I personally find zone coverage more effective than man when I use it. Most NFL teams will be running man to man on third and long but my safeties never make any plays and the corner routes kill me. Anyone have a ball hawking safety that makes any plays for you? Do you guys use more zone than man?

On all-madden I haven't been seeing the CPU drop many passes. Going to tweak that.
    This year I find zone is a lot more effctive than previous years. I much prefer man D but it is risky as the corners just don't have the ability to stay with the WR's. 3rd and long I tend to run a zone dime D package.

I made some big changes to my slider set after the last patch (though have not yet posted them) and I am having excellent games on ALL PRO. I have lost two straight franchise games. The only thing still an issue is the sacks but I suspect that will always be an issue.

A huge key to this game is not dropping qb accuracy too low or else the cpu will take a million sacks and never release the ball. Yes the completion % is going to be too high but ultimately which devil do you want?