Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden 15 PS4/Xbox1 Slider discussions

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden 15 PS4/Xbox1 Slider discussions

Post here your sliders and/or comments about how to improve the overall gameplay. For me sliders are very personal. What I like others may not. As long as I am having fun, competitive games that's all I am looking for.

As per usual, most penalty sliders do not work. However, from testing I feel as though false start, holding and facemask and clipping seem to dumb down the cpu run game and overall aggressiveness. Therefore I am leaving penalties at default for Madden 15.

Also, once you drop the cpu below 10 for QB accuracy you really see some poor throws. At QB acc of 5-7 I am seeing most QB's in the 60% range. Upping hum pass coverage also helps against robo QB's.

Sadly it appears that auto-subs work very well in play now but they are not effective in CFM. This has been stated by many other people at OS. It was an issue last year and an issue this year. This will really impact two back teams.

In truth the gameplay for this game is so good that you don't need a lot of slider adjustments. Little tweaks fix MOST issues. Well done EA!

My CFM base set:

Level: All Pro
    Play calling: Enhanced
    Quarter length: 12 minutes
    Accelerated clock: 16 seconds

Speed threshold: 50
    Gameplay: SLOW
    Fatigue: 65
    Injuries: 67

Camera: standard
    Coin flip: kick
    Coin flip two: against the wind

Human vs CPU AI

QB Acc 10 / 10
    Pass block 50 / 59
    WR catch 45 / 45
    Run block 50 / 60
    Fumble 50 / 50
    Reaction 52 / 50
    Interceptions 30/ 30
    Pass covg. 54 / 52
    Tackle 50 / 50

FG Power 50
    FG Accuracy 45
    Punt Power 50
    Punt Accuracy 52
    Kickoff Power 52

Auto-sub

In/Out

QB 60/59
    HB 92/90
    WR 87/85
    FB 85/84
    OL 66//65

DT 89/87
    DE 88/86
    LB 82/80
    CB 82/80
    S 82/80

* Intentional grounding lowered to 40

These are working for ME but the way I play may be totally different from others. I am NOT suggesting to use them but rather sharing them and hoping to see what others are using. I am a firm believer that you need to play with the sliders until you find a comfort zone. Right now this is working for me so I am happy.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 09-07-2014 at 03:27 AM.

I'll give those a try Jaymo.

If only there were a way to get cpu QB's to throw the ball. Increasing pass protection only means there is less pressure. Cpu QB's still take sacks non-stop. You almost need to house rule no blitz in order to get less than 5 sacks per game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    My CFM base set:

Level: All Pro
    Play calling: Enhanced
    Quarter length: 12 minutes
    Accelerated clock: 16 seconds

Speed threshold: 50
    Gameplay: SLOW
    Fatigue: 65
    Injuries: 65

Camera: standard
    Coin flip: kick
    Coin flip two: against the wind

Human vs CPU AI

QB Acc 10 / 7
    Pass block 50 / 58
    WR catch 45 / 45
    Run block 51 / 56
    Fumble 50 / 50
    Reaction 52 / 50
    Interceptions 35 / 30
    Pass covg. 55 / 52
    Tackle 50 / 50

FG Power 50
    FG Accuracy 45
    Punt Power 50
    Punt Accuracy 52
    Kickoff Power 52

Auto-sub

In/Out

QB 60/59
    HB 92/90
    WR 87/85
    FB 85/84
    OL 66//65

DT 89/87
    DE 88/86
    LB 82/80
    CB 82/80
    S 82/80

These are working for ME but the way I play may be totally different from others. I am NOT suggesting to use them but rather sharing them and hoping to see what others are using. I am a firm believer that you need to play with the sliders until you find a comfort zone. Right now this is working for me so I am happy.

Jaymo, I picked the game up this past weekend and I'm hoping to play a few games today and also after work tonight. I will give this a try as my base and let you know if I make any tweaks and/or how well they work in general for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I'll give those a try Jaymo.
    Any thougths CLW?

I haven't tried any sliders yet but I plan on giving these and Charter's (over at OS) a try.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I haven't tried any sliders yet but I plan on giving these and Charter's (over at OS) a try.
    Oh yeah that's the other one I want to try too. It will be interesting to see what we think of both sets in comparison to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    If only there were a way to get cpu QB's to throw the ball. Increasing pass protection only means there is less pressure. Cpu QB's still take sacks non-stop. You almost need to house rule no blitz in order to get less than 5 sacks per game.
    From Charter at OS for what it's worth:

(You really need to edit the traits of at least the starting QB's if not all to have Yes on the Throws the ball away trait. Also pick paranoid for the pocket awareness trait. This really cut's down on the sacks. I shared my roster with these done under my gamer tag xXCharter04Xx)

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    From Charter at OS for what it's worth:

(You really need to edit the traits of at least the starting QB's if not all to have Yes on the Throws the ball away trait. Also pick paranoid for the pocket awareness trait. This really cut's down on the sacks. I shared my roster with these done under my gamer tag xXCharter04Xx)

Problem is though that this only works for the first few seasons. Once rookie QB's enter the league you cannot edit their attributes. Some people believe changing intentional grounding fixes things but in my experimenting I have NOT seen this result.

I am going to raise cpu run block to 60. In CFM the average run of the mill RB's just don't get enough yardage (about 3.6 ypc).

The really tough thing about changing sliders during your CFM is CONFIDENCE. It really inflates/deflates your players. When Janikowski was below 30 he could not hit the back side of a barn. Marquette King has a 99 confidence and every game he will have a coffin corner punt.

Play now does play different to CFM but at this point I am too invested in my franchise to go back in play now and change things up.

I haven't dicked around with sliders yet, are you guys sharing them?
    The dude abides.

Using jaymo's set:

1st game Saints (CPU) 10 @ Falcons (ME) 41

Total Off 145/523
    Rushing 54/195
    Passing 91/328
    Turnovers 1/1
    Possession 15:19 / 32:41

Game was over in the 2nd quarter and I milked the clock in the 4th. The only td for the saints came on a fumble by jackson after a big hit and a long return.

I really don't see the need for many slider adjustments this year. I play on All Madden with QB Acc turned down to 30 for both Human and CPU. Only penalty slider I change is Intentional Grounding up to 75. Only reason I do that is to get the QB to throw the ball away more often when under pressure instead of taking sacks (it doesn't actually cause more intentional grounding penalties).

Ran 3 seasons of CFM with these along with 15 min quarters (with clock run to 13 seconds) and perfect sim-style stats for all my games. The CPU sim'd games obviously have stat issues (especially INTs) but not much you can do about that. But all m team's stats were damn near perfect to what they should be in real life.

I played as the Steelers. My 3 seasons went like this:
    - Season 1: 11-5 (Team stayed healthy and I won the division), lost in Wild Card round of playoffs (The Chiefs D dominated me)
    - Season 2: 8-8 (Lost Roethlisberger for 7 games of season and went 2-5 without him), missed playoffs
    - Season 3: 9-7 (Lost several key defensive players early but got healthy late in the year), last wild card spot and took it all the way to the AFC Championship game (Colts destroyed me in that game)

I haven't gone back to CFM since release day. I do know that I have gotten a lot better at the game so I would assume that my results would be better if I play another season.

Not sure if I'm ready for the ALL-MADDEN settings and sliders. I did try these All-Pro sliders from OS, played 2 games with my son in "play now" and the games were great!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html