Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 15 Retail Impressions (PS4/XBox One)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Ah ok, you use motion so that would help hinder the time you have. That makes sense now. I never use motion and if I do, I pretty much an idea that I'm going to motion as soon as I see the play I am picking

Edit: Ranked games have accelerated clock default don't they? And it's 5-6 minute quarters. That's the issue if so.

Mostly when it's a run play to give the illusion that I am going to pass or making the Defense think I am running to the side.

What I have been doing is using max protect then simply adjust routes afterward. If I want the TE to actually go on a route I'll put it back to what it was or change it. Same for the RB.

How realistic should it be for us to be able to make 4 changes to our offense before the players get to the LOS? Believe they wanted to incorporate a bit of actual realism and the visual concept that the QB has to bark out the change to the intended player vocally. That IMO is how it should be.

I know the game isn't completely realistic in every detail but Peyton Manning can't tell 4 players in the span of 1 second to do 4 different things...then they get it, understand it and know what they are doing. Only for that to be changed 2 seconds later to 4 completely different sets of instructions.

Maybe with hand signals and whatnot but not in a video game.

Not labeling you as one of these people, but I honestly don't think the common or most Madden players would want to see an actual complete interpretation of how football is played in a video game.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-28-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Edit: Ranked games have accelerated clock default don't they? And it's 5-6 minute quarters. That's the issue if so.
    I haven't played a ranked game yet, but I've played Head to Head in Ultimate Team (same thing basically), which is where I saw the problem. 3 minute quarters with accelerated clock down to 20 seconds on the play clock when you break the huddle. You literally have enough time for 3 hot routes and nothing else.

It's official... I love the game but HATE that damn play call screen. I usually choose formation but the menu is so slow and clunky and takes forever to back out of plays that I am mostly just using the suggested plays. The play call screen is great in theory but it is too slow in reality. If I could move faster between formations it would be great. Also, based on how slow it is, it makes it difficult to put in formation subs before running out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I haven't played a ranked game yet, but I've played Head to Head in Ultimate Team (same thing basically), which is where I saw the problem. 3 minute quarters with accelerated clock down to 20 seconds on the play clock when you break the huddle. You literally have enough time for 3 hot routes and nothing else.
    Oh wow 3 minute quarters?

Seriously if I ever did play MUT mode I couldn't do that. It wouldn't be worth to play honestly.

I'm almost sure ranked games have accelerated clock and 6 minute quarters. Maybe 5. I do know my first game my opponent had the ball the entire 1st quarter and the drive didn't seem that long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    It's official... I love the game but HATE that damn play call screen. I usually choose formation but the menu is so slow and clunky and takes forever to back out of plays that I am mostly just using the suggested plays. The play call screen is great in theory but it is too slow in reality. If I could move faster between formations it would be great. Also, based on how slow it is, it makes it difficult to put in formation subs before running out of time.
    I do as well Jaymo

Honestly it's hard not to if you focus soley on Gameplay from Madden 25 to this. Hell even Madden 12 and 13

I like that you can change camera views on the fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post

How realistic should it be for us to be able to make 4 changes to our offense before the players get to the LOS? Believe they wanted to incorporate a bit of actual realism and the visual concept that the QB has to bark out the change to the intended player vocally. That IMO is how it should be.

I know the game isn't completely realistic in every detail but Peyton Manning can't tell 4 players in the span of 1 second to do 4 different things...then they get it, understand it and know what they are doing. Only for that to be changed 2 seconds later to 4 completely different sets of instructions.

Maybe with hand signals and whatnot but not in a video game.

Not labeling you as one of these people, but I honestly don't think the common or most Madden players would want to see an actual complete interpretation of how football is played in a video game.
    AMEN BROTHER!

There is no delay on the defensive side of the ball from what I've seen. Maybe there is and it's just less noticeable than it is on offense, but I had no problem making as many adjustments as I wanted on defense.

The problem is on offense. The play clock defaults ticks down to 20 when you pick a play online, and by the time you set your line protection, perhaps hot route a RB/TE to block, you've got time for 1, MAYBE 2 adjustments to receivers' routes. You have even less if you need to incorporate motion or read something in the defense that requires you to change your play and then make additional adjustments.

It's just stupid. It doesn't prevent AI abuse, it encourages it.
    I've played Madden 15 100% against online randoms and the time to hot route hasn't bothered me at all. The guys who just blitz or call one or two defensive plays all game end up getting beat in the 4th quarter. It seems that Madden finally implemented the players recognizing repeat plays. I just adjust my initial play call to their defense and have a big play. I rarely have to use hot routes or audibles. I'm 6-1 using the Bills exclusively, because they fit my system and I beat a couple players who tried to do what you said with the constant/nano blitzes. In the 4th quarter I recognized what they were doing and ended up winning on the last few drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    It seems that Madden finally implemented the players recognizing repeat plays.
    Definitely not. I've found 2 or 3 plays already that are wide open no matter how many times you run them. That's not the point, though.

This is day 2 of Madden. People haven't figured stuff out yet. Once people start cooking up these exotic blitzes that abuse the living hell out of the AI, it's only fair for the offense to have time to make adjustments.

I'm not even talking about nano blitzes or whatever. I've only played 3 head to head games, and they were both ultimate team games. None of them ran any exotic defenses where I needed to make a ton of changes. I'm just saying - that time is coming eventually and with this system now, they're only going to be encouraged to do it more because the offense isn't going to have enough time to make the necessary adjustments. You'd almost have to run a no huddle offense at that point so they don't have time to set it up.

You'd almost have to run a no huddle offense at that point so they don't have time to set it up.
    Haha new huddle system that was implemented definitely encouraged that

My very first game guy ran no-huddle all game, it was annoying. 2nd game I played guy mixed it in and didn't abuse it.

People used it even prior to getting it this version.

Once people start cooking up these exotic blitzes that abuse the living hell out of the AI, it's only fair for the offense to have time to make adjustments.

You'd almost have to run a no huddle offense at that point so they don't have time to set it up.
    They won't have time to make those adjustments since skip said the defense can't make more than 2 or 3 adjustments either. All you have to do is snap the ball and run the play as it is called, then the won't have time to set up a crazy defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    They won't have time to make those adjustments since skip said the defense can't make more than 2 or 3 adjustments either. All you have to do is snap the ball and run the play as it is called, then the won't have time to set up a crazy defense.
    There is no delay/limit on defensive adjustments, only on offense.

IOU - your number 1 complaint for online football has been unstoppable offenses. So EA adds realistic limitations to hot routes that limits offense and you are complaining. Unlimited hot routes has always been arcade like. Maybe this will lead to better balance online even if it means you have to play more realistically and/or different.

I don't play online but I would think that it would make more sense to make adjustments after reading the defense than to call any play to then immediately alter into different routes. Makes calling the right play meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    IOU - your number 1 complaint for online football has been unstoppable offenses. So EA adds realistic limitations to hot routes that limits offense and you are complaining. Unlimited hot routes has always been arcade like. Maybe this will lead to better balance online even if it means you have to play more realistically and/or different.
    Adding limitations to an offense's ability to hot route while the defense can spit out as many as they can doesn't really seem like a realistic limitation to me.

Also, the ability to hot route has never been the issues for the unstoppable offenses. The fault for that lies directly with the horrific defensive AI.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I don't play online but I would think that it would make more sense to make adjustments after reading the defense than to call any play to then immediately alter into different routes. Makes calling the right play meaningless.
    I can't think of a single passing play where I don't make adjustments. If you consistently run plays the way they are designed without adding slide protection or having something quick like a drag on every play, you don't stand much of a chance against people who know what they're doing online.

Adding limitations to an offense's ability to hot route while the defense can spit out as many as they can doesn't really seem like a realistic limitation to me.

Also, the ability to hot route has never been the issues for the unstoppable offenses. The fault for that lies directly with the horrific defensive AI.

I can't think of a single passing play where I don't make adjustments. If you consistently run plays the way they are designed without adding slide protection or having something quick like a drag on every play, you don't stand much of a chance against people who know what they're doing online.
    That's kinda to point though. Maybe they should give you an additional 5 secs or so but the point I was making is that you can basically just call 4-Verts every play if you're going to immediately change it up and it seems silly that someone could alter 4 routes before the offense even lines up and reads the defense.

That's kinda to point though. Maybe they should give you an additional 5 secs or so but the point I was making is that you can basically just call 4-Verts every play if you're going to immediately change it up and it seems silly that someone could alter 4 routes before the offense even lines up and reads the defense.
    To combat how people play online along with how poorly designed a lot of the plays are, you kind of have to if you want to play online. A lot of the plays have useless routes, or maybe not useless...but something that would be better served with something else.

Sometimes it just suits the situation. Maybe I come out in something like Deep Attack and see that the defense is sitting in a cover 2. There's no point running that out route with the slot, so you have him run a hitch.

Regardless of the play, though, I slide protect and hot route a RB to block every play. Slide protect gets rid of a lot of the nano blitzes that people like to run online, so it's a necessity.

To combat how people play online along with how poorly designed a lot of the plays are, you kind of have to if you want to play online. A lot of the plays have useless routes, or maybe not useless...but something that would be better served with something else.

Sometimes it just suits the situation. Maybe I come out in something like Deep Attack and see that the defense is sitting in a cover 2. There's no point running that out route with the slot, so you have him run a hitch.

Regardless of the play, though, I slide protect and hot route a RB to block every play. Slide protect gets rid of a lot of the nano blitzes that people like to run online, so it's a necessity.
    But if everyone has the exact same limitations, it evens out, right?

But if everyone has the exact same limitations, it evens out, right?
    Not necessarily. There are people online who run the same 2 or 3 plays over and over that abuse the AI. Perhaps they only need to call one hot route and then they're all set. Those people aren't going to be affected at all. The people that are going to be affected are:

1. The people who call a ton of hot routes to mess with the AI, for example: hitch and slant on one side, flare or slant with hitch on outside.
    2. People like me who make the slide protection call every play and then read the defense to see if further adjustments are needed.

Hell, I like using a lot of motion because it gives the defense something else to think about . Often times motion works well as a decoy as the user controlled defender will often focus solely on the motion which opens up other areas of the field. With how it is now, I might have time for 2 hot routes and then motion. If I need to change something after the motion...too bad.

There seems to be no point in running HB screens this year. In Madden 25 they were money. This year it seems as though as soon as a screen begins a D-lineman moves into position and follows your RB. Out of 20+ HB screens only 3-4 have made any yardage as most are stuffed for losses. WR screens are fairly effective, depending on the defensive coverage.

Another minor pet peeve is that when you throw an out pattern, 9 out of 10 times your runningback will STILL run out of bounds... This was addressed a few years ago but it seems to be an issue again.