Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 15 Retail Impressions (PS4/XBox One)

• Facebook
  • Display
    If you guys come up with some sliders soon that 'd be great. I'm waiting for some to come out so I can get started on CFM and maybe a Superstar mode .

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Playing around with sliders and I haven't really found them to be very effective. I have also decided to move penalty sliders back to 50 (default). I swear the game plays different once you move them. Versus Adrian Peterson he tore me up on default but when I changed penalty sliders he averged 3 yards er carry. I guess gameplay and penalty sliders are still together?
    People have always said penalty sliders affect gameplay but I've never seen a huge impact myself. Of course sliders aren't always impacted either.

So I was reading reviews/breakdowns of the teams on Madden 15, they are pretty harsh when it comes to the Jaguars, kinda funny this is what is says, "The Jacksonville Jaguars are unquestionably the worst team in Madden NFL 15. Although they have improved a little from last year, unless you are a die hard Jaguars fan, you would be wise to stay away from them in this year’s game."

Most teams on their review received a rating of 7-9 on a scale of 1-10, the Jags received a 2.6!

http://www.madden-school.com/madden-...eam-breakdown/

There's a new glitch in Madden.

https://vine.co/v/Ml6vwDpYedA

Played quite a bit last night and basically its a much better looking and slightly improved effort from M25. I think the defense is better (but not that good) and the playcalling is really odd.

One other quirk. I was playing the CPU in MUT last night and it went to OT. I wont he toss took the ball down and with 1 second left on 1st down I called TO and kicked a game winning field goal (or so I thought). Nope the game went into "double ot" CPU takes the ball down drives on me clock runs out. Nope "triple OT" CPU then scores the game winning TD.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Played quite a bit last night and basically its a much better looking and slightly improved effort from M25. I think the defense is better (but not that good) and the playcalling is really odd.

One other quirk. I was playing the CPU in MUT last night and it went to OT. I wont he toss took the ball down and with 1 second left on 1st down I called TO and kicked a game winning field goal (or so I thought). Nope the game went into "double ot" CPU takes the ball down drives on me clock runs out. Nope "triple OT" CPU then scores the game winning TD.
    Sounds correct to me. Each team is allowed a possession(regardless of time) if the team receiving the ball in OT drives down the field on its first drive and kicks a field goal or if they turn the ball over. You should've scored a TD on that opening drive then the game would be over per NFL overtime rules.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Sounds correct to me. Each team is allowed a possession(regardless of time) if the team receiving the ball in OT drives down the field on its first drive and kicks a field goal or if they turn the ball over. You should've scored a TD on that opening drive then the game would be over per NFL overtime rules.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Had quite a few games lastnight against users on All-Pro and All-Madden

Very impressed with this game.

The gameplay improvements (again from Madden 25 PS3 I can only compare) is substantially better. Everything from catch transitions/animations, tackling interactions, QB accuracy/inaccuracy is so much better. Defense is definitely better, especially against the run by far. It's actually difficult to run the ball I find, which last year I could get 100 a pop with ease. And I have never been a runner when playing Madden.

Movement is more realistic and it actually feels difficult to move when you have been so use to being able to change direction and fly all over the field like in the past. Still getting use to movement on offense as well and steering in the direction you want to run.

Even on All-Pro, Defense is better than it was on All-Madden in Madden 25, granted I still would prefer All-Madden. G picked off a short sit down route of 5 yards, albeit I was very late on the throw but I never had that happen on Madden 25...also too he ran it back for a pick six. Not only would have the CB have stayed there and not made a play on the ball in Madden 25...but he also would have gotten caught or only ran it back for 10 yards before being tackled.

Tackling can be a chore to do at times which I've never had a problem in previous Madden's simply because of the bad suction hit sticks and tackles you could do. I'm just so use to being able to do that so it will take a few more games to acclimate. That and I have to stop trying to hit stick everytime.

I don't play CPU so that doesn't matter to me, nor does CFM really. Only user vs user interactions in my leagues. Those areas are probably the same, which I suppose why people gravitate towards MUT.

Purely on a gameplay basis though I love the improvements I'm seeing.

I have to admit I am having some issues with tackling. It isn't as easy as I thought it would be. It can be very frustrating at times. FYI Redskins Kerrigan is beastly good at getting off the line, blowing by blocks and recording sacks.

Played my first MUT game, lost 9-7, seemed like a good game the other person ran no-huddle the entire game and went for it on 4th down every time...which I guess is just how it is.

I for one, don't mind the play call screens. I guess it's what you're used to and since I haven't played Madden in a while I'm not used to something different. I'll admit it's not like NCAA but I like how you can access the same plays from multiple different ways, it's like they combined a bunch of ways of thinking into one, similar to Windows + MAC + other ways to get you to the same point. I like it.

It really drives me nuts that I can only call one offensive hot route before everyone gets sets on the LOS and the fact that there's like a 1 second delay in between each hot route adjustment. As someone who plays online and likes to make a ton of adjustments, it really limits what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    There's a new glitch in Madden.

https://vine.co/v/Ml6vwDpYedA
    That is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    It really drives me nuts that I can only call one offensive hot route before everyone gets sets on the LOS and the fact that there's like a 1 second delay in between each hot route adjustment. As someone who plays online and likes to make a ton of adjustments, it really limits what I can do.
    I kinda like it, maybe they'll patch it who knows, but I was listening to a video last night on youtube, it breaks down a defensive play some strategy/tips site...the point is he said the same thing, he said in Madden 15 you can no longer make multiple adjustments on defense, he said there is a delay inbetween each adjustment and there is no way to get more than 1 or 2 in before the offense snaps the ball.

Honestly, I kinda like that, run the play as it's called/drawn up and if you need to adjust 1 or 2 players that's cool, but the days of these people making strategy guides where they make 8 adjustments to a play and completely take advantage of the A.I. is over, I think that's a good thing.

I'm sure there will still be nano blitzes and it is a video game so someone will figure out how to take advantage of the A.I. but if they can limit it some what by only allowing 1 or 2 adjustments, to me that's a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I kinda like it, maybe they'll patch it who knows, but I was listening to a video last night on youtube, it breaks down a defensive play some strategy/tips site...the point is he said the same thing, he said in Madden 15 you can no longer make multiple adjustments on defense, he said there is a delay inbetween each adjustment and there is no way to get more than 1 or 2 in before the offense snaps the ball.

Honestly, I kinda like that, run the play as it's called/drawn up and if you need to adjust 1 or 2 players that's cool, but the days of these people making strategy guides where they make 8 adjustments to a play and completely take advantage of the A.I. is over, I think that's a good thing.

I'm sure there will still be nano blitzes and it is a video game so someone will figure out how to take advantage of the A.I. but if they can limit it some what by only allowing 1 or 2 adjustments, to me that's a step in the right direction.
    I haven't played M15 but this does, at least, sound positive to me and I thought the same when I heard about it a couple months back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    There is no delay on the defensive side of the ball from what I've seen. Maybe there is and it's just less noticeable than it is on offense, but I had no problem making as many adjustments as I wanted on defense.

The problem is on offense. The play clock defaults ticks down to 20 when you pick a play online, and by the time you set your line protection, perhaps hot route a RB/TE to block, you've got time for 1, MAYBE 2 adjustments to receivers' routes. You have even less if you need to incorporate motion or read something in the defense that requires you to change your play and then make additional adjustments.

It's just stupid. It doesn't prevent AI abuse, it encourages it.

There is no delay on the defensive side of the ball from what I've seen. Maybe there is and it's just less noticeable than it is on offense, but I had no problem making as many adjustments as I wanted on defense.

The problem is on offense. The play clock defaults ticks down to 20 when you pick a play online, and by the time you set your line protection, perhaps hot route a RB/TE to block, you've got time for 1, MAYBE 2 adjustments to receivers' routes. You have even less if you need to incorporate motion or read something in the defense that requires you to change your play and then make additional adjustments.

It's just stupid. It doesn't prevent AI abuse, it encourages it.
    Well that makes more sense, sorry I've only played offline vs my son. I pick my play on offense and it seems like I get to the LOS with somewhere around 19 sec left on the play-clock. I'm able to hot route a guy or slide adjust and put a guy in motion before I get a delay of game. I can see however, if online it doesn't allow you enough time...then again I'm not much of an online player. Maybe they will patch it.

I like it as well SF and Gig. Didn't care for the way you could call 8 hot routes and changes before you even got to the LOS.

Even with the delay I'm still able to get my 1-2, sometimes 3 adjustments in time without an issue. And this will be even quicker once I get the play call screen down and the playbook I'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I like it as well SF and Gig. Didn't care for the way you could call 8 hot routes and changes before you even got to the LOS.

Even with the delay I'm still able to get my 1-2, sometimes 3 adjustments in time without an issue. And this will be even quicker once I get the play call screen down and the playbook I'm using.
    3 in a lot of cases, especially against random opponents, is not nearly enough. Virtually every play online you're going to have to slide protect and then hot route a RB/TE to block, especially this year since blitzing is much more effective. That leaves you with literally 1 hot route for your receivers and absolutely no time whatsoever for any motion.

It's fine in offline games. For online play, it's just stupid. The only thing is does is give the people who abuse the AI yet another crutch to help them out.

3 in a lot of cases, especially against random opponents, is not nearly enough. Virtually every play online you're going to have to slide protect and then hot route a RB/TE to block, especially this year since blitzing is much more effective. That leaves you with literally 1 hot route for your receivers and absolutely no time whatsoever for any motion.

It's fine in offline games. For online play, it's just stupid. The only thing is does is give the people who abuse the AI yet another crutch to help them out.
    I only play in sim online leagues so I don't have to worry about the last portion. I also don't play offline whatsoever.

With the "max protect" option doesn't it already set your RB and TE to block? Almost certain I noticed that lastnight.

I typically make 3-4 hot routes quite a bit. I've played 2 random ranked games as I typically do every new release.

Some of my numbers so far in those two games is

Hot route %: 50

# of Hot routes: 41-44 I believe (have to check to be certain but I know it's in the 40's)

Can get definite numbers later but I don't have a problem with it as is. I just need to learn my playbook and get use to play call system which I cannot stand really.

On another note I don't play as many ranked randoms as you do so I'm sure it is a different story.

Max protect does block the TE and RB, but I rarely ever want them both to block. That option works fine for when I'm in a spread set without a TE and just want the RB to block, but I'm rarely ever in that situation.

It just sucks for me. I play randoms online 99% of the time and being able to hot route/audible is what allows me to have a better chance of beating them. There were numerous times in the past where I would pick a play, come out of the huddle, drop 3 or 4 hot routes before my guys even get to the line, and then realize the defense is giving me a look I don't like. I could then audible to something entirely different, set up another several hot routes, and then run the play to beat them. That situation, unfortunately, is no longer impossible.

If you audible, you've got time for maybe 1 hot route afterwards. Maybe. I also like to incorporate motion, which just takes even more time out of the equation for potential hot routes. For online ranked games and Ultimate Team Head to Head games, there is absolutely no way this system should exist.