Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 15 Retail Impressions (PS4/XBox One)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Cannot really tell what the tuning update actually did. The game didn't seem all that different in the one game I played. Maybe the running by the cpu was stronger but that may just be placebo? I'm not really sure.

What type of coach are you using in franchise mode? I forgot about the bug in franchise where a created team builder coach gets next to no scouting points. I only have 90 points in week 1 on my PS3! Ridiculous! I don't want to start all over as I spent almost 2 hours setting up. Can I switch to a different coach? Who are the current and legendary team building coaches in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    What type of coach are you using in franchise mode? I forgot about the bug in franchise where a created team builder coach gets next to no scouting points. I only have 90 points in week 1 on my PS3! Ridiculous! I don't want to start all over as I spent almost 2 hours setting up. Can I switch to a different coach? Who are the current and legendary team building coaches in the game?
    Yeah that's about all you get per week to scout with, which makes zero sense. I truly believe Looman just wants everyone to draft blind every year. It would be one thing if he gave you such little points but unlocked ratings at the combine. I mean just unlocking the letter grades for Spd, Acc, Agi, Str, Jmp, and AWR during the combine for all the prospects would allow for semi-educated guesses, but no that would be too realistic.

I only rented it for a day so I never got around to upgrading my coach to see if doubling the scouting points to 180 a week would help, lol. I did notice the coach gained XP slower than M13 so maybe it would've took awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Yeah that's about all you get per week to scout with, which makes zero sense. I truly believe Looman just wants everyone to draft blind every year. It would be one thing if he gave you such little points but unlocked ratings at the combine. I mean just unlocking the letter grades for Spd, Acc, Agi, Str, Jmp, and AWR during the combine for all the prospects would allow for semi-educated guesses, but no that would be too realistic.

I only rented it for a day so I never got around to upgrading my coach to see if doubling the scouting points to 180 a week would help, lol. I did notice the coach gained XP slower than M13 so maybe it would've took awhile.

The one thing they did is tell you the scheme up front so you don't need to unlock that. Also, unlocking attributes is a lot cheaper. However, I agree you are still drafting blind for the most part.

I HATE drafting blind. Why can't we be an option to set how many points we get? It's my game. This kind of ruins the draft process for me.

The next roster update will remove Ray Rice. Good for you EA! There is no place in our society for scumbags who physically assault women.

I HATE drafting blind. Why can't we be an option to set how many points we get? It's my game. This kind of ruins the draft process for me.
    I found the draft this year to be better and more realistic (check out my first round in my CFM thread). I also did a lot better than in previous years. However this game badly needs a DRAFT BOARD. I still have no idea who will be picked so it is difficult to consider whether I need to trade up or not.

Correct me if I am wrong but should salaries still be paid in the playoffs? Also isn't there pooling of monies for teams? During my playoff run I lost a ton of money because of playing on the road and paying salary. I thought the playoffs operated in a different manner?

Last night I fired up the game and... I had to replay the opening sequence again. Also all of my progress with regards to drills/gauntlet was gone. I still have the trophies and my CFM is still intact but I was worried there for a moment. I have heard a few other people report this issue as well.

Well guys, Future Shop is doing a real nice sale right now. PS4 TLOU bundle for $399 and I would get $135 for my PS3. Infamous is $30 and Madden 15 is $50 on PS4. No deal on controllers. I've got $70 in gift cards there too. This would largely be all about an upgrade for Madden right now (I'd trade in my PS3 game and others too). Is Madden on PS4 really worth the upgrade? I'm actually enjoying the PS3 version.

In game saves would be huge.

Well guys, Future Shop is doing a real nice sale right now. PS4 TLOU bundle for $399 and I would get $135 for my PS3. Infamous is $30 and Madden 15 is $50 on PS4. No deal on controllers. I've got $70 in gift cards there too. This would largely be all about an upgrade for Madden right now (I'd trade in my PS3 game and others too). Is Madden on PS4 really worth the upgrade? I'm actually enjoying the PS3 version.

In game saves would be huge.
    I have not played Madden 15 on PS3.

I still have a PS3 b/c of all the great games, I really enjoy playing them still and my kids love the Lego games. PS4 is starting to have more lego games but my kids play the heck outta games like Lego Star Wars, so I kept my PS3.

I haven't played any games that are both systems to give a good review, i.e. the Last of Us Remastered, I bought it used for PS4, it looks amazing, haven't gotten to play it much b/c I can only play that when my kids are in bed. I've seen videos of it compared to PS3 and the PS4 looks better but I'm not sure if it's 1000x better. I never played it on PS3, so the PS4 looks freaking awesome to me, for what it's worth.

Since I bought my PS4, I haven't really messed with my PS3 much. My kids still play it on the lego games but I really enjoy Madden 15, NHL 15, MLB The Show, I will probably not buy too many more PS3 games, maybe some super closeout clearance deals but I'm going to stick with PS4 games for now. The PS4 displays in true 1080 vs the PS3 that is 720 so there is a noticeable difference. More details and sharper images.

Hope this helps some, I was in your boat a few weeks ago and I ended up keeping my PS3 and all my games, it's like college books, you pay $80 for them and then when you take them back they want to give you $0.05 for them. I'd rather play them than take the shaft, plus my kids still use them.

As for used games and saving money, I bought the Gamestop PowerUp card, I think it was $15. It pays for itself. After you get the reward card they will give you a buy 2 get 1 free used game coupon. Most PS4 games cost more than $15 so you will pay the card off in one purchase. I was able to buy The Last Of Us Remastered (used) + Watch Dogs (used) and got Assassins Creed Black Flag (used) for free.

Also each time you buy games they give you reward points and you can use those reward points to print out coupons. I was able to get $20 off a new or used game with 1 coupon, and have used a few others. This Gamestop card really is a good deal.

I'll never trade in my last-gen systems. I have too much downloaded content on it that I would no longer have access to anymore nor will any store give me credit for that content.

I don't have a problem trading in the old system since my kids are playing almost solely on their tablets. I know Skip really preferred M15 on PS4. Just want to know everyones thought on M15 after a month with it.

I don't have a problem trading in the old system since my kids are playing almost solely on their tablets. I know Skip really preferred M15 on PS4. Just want to know everyones thought on M15 after a month with it.
    I like Madden 15 on PS4, I have bought a handful of other PS4 games but Madden 15 is the one that stays in the machine. Since there is no NCAA game this Madden seems to fill the void, I LIKE IT!

It's hard to say, there isn't another alternative for a football game, Madden 15 is the only PS4 football game. You could always go by Best Buy or Target or someplace that has Madden 15 on a PS4 and try it out, then you could compare it, gameplay wise to your PS3 experience.

I found this online, not sure if you've seen it before but this gives some features that aren't in the PS3/Xbox 360 versions.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...madden-15.aspx
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 09-19-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I like Madden 15 on PS4, I have bought a handful of other PS4 games but Madden 15 is the one that stays in the machine. Since there is no NCAA game this Madden seems to fill the void, I LIKE IT!

It's hard to say, there isn't another alternative for a football game, Madden 15 is the only PS4 football game. You could always go by Best Buy or Target or someplace that has Madden 15 on a PS4 and try it out, then you could compare it, gameplay wise to your PS3 experience.
    Can't. I tried but NO Canadian chain had it in aNY machine. On release day I went to RB, FS, BB and nothing! Pathetic isn't it but Canadians are hockey crazy, not football. I'm sure they have NHL in there. They did say the decision falls on Sony/MS to what goes on the machine.

Definitely prefer it on PS4. I wouldn't play it all unless it was on Current-Gen.

PS3 version is an upgrade over Madden 25's PS3 version..but slightly. PS4 is so much better Gameplay wise and of course graphically.

I'd upgrade for sure, especially if kids don't need it.

Yeah the speed and feel of the game is more true on the PS4 over the PS3.
    The dude abides.

Had something interesting happen. I've been logged in as my PSN gigemaggs99 on Madden 15 and have completed the training skill challenge tutorials all 100% except for the situation ones, I think I was around 60% finished with those.

My 6 year old son, we created a PSN name for him, he isn't connected to the PSN or anything like that but we started Madden 15 as him, instead of gigemaggs99, he went through some of the training/skill challenge tutorials. He did around 10 of them and then we shut off the PS4.

When I logged back in as me (gigemaggs99) it now shows that I have done 0. It also had me replay the opening game Panthers vs Seahawks. It still has my MUT but all the other settings are gone. The strange thing is, if I look at my trophies for Madden 15 it shows that I've completed all the training skills tutorials with a bronze or higher, yet the game shows I've done 0% of them.

Oh well.

I will share some more thoughts later about the PS4 version which is much harder than the PS3 one but right now one thing is really bothering me. The player movement is terrible. I wanted more momentum but this is ridiculous. Even players like Shady and Sproles can't cut at all. If I try to cutback a run the RB goes into this stupid animation where he tries to stop or something. Manually juking and r-stick juking blow. The only good move is spin. The heavy boat momentum really hurts out routes too. I hope I can adjust because the poor movement sucks so much fun out of the running game I think I may prefer the PS3 version. This is "true step"? So far I think it sucks. It doesn't replicate the quicker players well at all IMO.

I will share some more thoughts later about the PS4 version which is much harder than the PS3 one but right now one thing is really bothering me. The player movement is terrible. I wanted more momentum but this is ridiculous. Even players like Shady and Sproles can't cut at all. If I try to cutback a run the RB goes into this stupid animation where he tries to stop or something. Manually juking and r-stick juking blow. The only good move is spin. The heavy boat momentum really hurts out routes too. I hope I can adjust because the poor movement sucks so much fun out of the running game I think I may prefer the PS3 version. This is "true step"? So far I think it sucks. It doesn't replicate the quicker players well at all IMO.
    I was one that didn't care for the movement initially, and it still takes some getting use to but I personally enjoy it over the PS3 versions..even NCAA as I still play (although whatever sliders JB uses definitely makes a difference on how it feels vs default)

In past versions of Madden it was entirely too easy to move. You could be running to one side of the field full speed, then completely change direction to go cover something else just as fast for example on Defense.

Now I find manually I cannot do the same things that I once was able to do like that. You have to be going in the direction of the play to make one. Or be at a stopped position. Otherwise you aren't magically getting back into the play like the example I just mentioned.

It takes some getting use to but the quick players can make moves. Happens against me a good bit depending on if the guy is any good at it or not.