Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Madden 15 Retail Impressions (PS4/XBox One)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I thought I had it figured out, when I'm done playing madden on PS4 I've been going to the "close application" screen on the options menu. That worked for a while. Then last night I fired it up and again, and this time it started all over with the Carolina vs Seattle intro, then has me select a level to play, my controller setup and then takes me to the skills area where it says I've completed 0% of the training. Then it wants me to select my favorite team, etc... like the first time I'm starting the game.

I have no idea how to keep it from doing this. It doesn't do it all the time but the annoying thing is when it does do this there is no way to press X or any other button to get out of the Carolina vs Seattle intro game.

Anyone have any tips?

I've played against randoms more than ever, but mainly on MUT. I've seen some cheese, but usually can adjust pretty quick. I'm 5-2 right now.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I thought I had it figured out, when I'm done playing madden on PS4 I've been going to the "close application" screen on the options menu. That worked for a while. Then last night I fired it up and again, and this time it started all over with the Carolina vs Seattle intro, then has me select a level to play, my controller setup and then takes me to the skills area where it says I've completed 0% of the training. Then it wants me to select my favorite team, etc... like the first time I'm starting the game.

I have no idea how to keep it from doing this. It doesn't do it all the time but the annoying thing is when it does do this there is no way to press X or any other button to get out of the Carolina vs Seattle intro game.

Anyone have any tips?
    That trick of closing application before shutting down is supposed to work. Not sure what else you can do.

Skip, I'm going to move to all-madden for a bit and see what I can do. Not only is the inside running game over-powered imo (and I think this is a bigger issue than CPU sacks) but the CPU running game is a bit too weak on all-pro, even at 100 run block. The blocking sliders work like shit this year. So many sliders barely do anything. EA Madden needs to do a MUCH better job here. The sliders have worked horribly the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post

Anyone have any tips?
    I happened to me once about a month ago. At the time on other forums nobody believed the people reporting the issue. Now it seems that almost everyone experiences it once. Truth be told I suspect there is no rhyme or reason for it. Annoying for sure but at least the CFM files are left intact.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I happened to me once about a month ago. At the time on other forums nobody believed the people reporting the issue. Now it seems that almost everyone experiences it once. Truth be told I suspect there is no rhyme or reason for it. Annoying for sure but at least the CFM files are left intact.
    It's happened to me 3 times. My MUT is still intact and my saved files are still there like sliders and stuff, I just have to manually load them once I go through the intro game again.

Annoying, but like you said atleast the rest of the game works good.

I'm impressed with the new update. It's cool how the different QBs now have different stances. I noticed Big Ben and Tom Brady both line up behind center and have their offset stances. Pretty COOL detail touches.

That intro bugged happened to me last week I almost framed out I lost everything. Did u guys get the new patch yet? Maybe they fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    That intro bugged happened to me last week I almost framed out I lost everything.
    Do you use one of those novelty keyboards? I think you have your directional drumsticks and wings mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That trick of closing application before shutting down is supposed to work. Not sure what else you can do.

Skip, I'm going to move to all-madden for a bit and see what I can do. Not only is the inside running game over-powered imo (and I think this is a bigger issue than CPU sacks) but the CPU running game is a bit too weak on all-pro, even at 100 run block. The blocking sliders work like shit this year. So many sliders barely do anything. EA Madden needs to do a MUCH better job here. The sliders have worked horribly the last couple years.
    Played a few games lastnight (2 against friends on All-Madden and a game against quick match ranked game). Out of all 3 games I probably had 3 successful runs up the middle where I gained 5 yards or more. Out of about 50 carries.

Not only is it getting blown up, but I can't run at all up the middle. Granted I don't use any of the lobby go-to plays of Inside Zone Split and Q1 Trap, but definitely Iso's aren't money.

Shotgun and Pistol running as a whole definitely make running easy with the plays I mentioned above but other than those I'm not seeing it.

We should play a game sometime man. It's a different experience than playing CPU

As I said I can't speak too much about playing CPU as I don't do it, nor mess with sliders. In the past though I just know that CFM, CPU and unranked All-Madden games have all played completely different. Know that really doesn't help you since that is all you play though.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 10-09-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Skip, I'm going to try a PS+ trial some time and we'll have to setup a game so you can destroy me lol. I'd love to see you play a game against the CPU once and test out my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Do you use one of those novelty keyboards? I think you have your directional drumsticks and wings mixed up.

Was typing in my phone my bad. I get in a hurry on my breaks at work and for to fix words. Sometimes my phones fixes my words into weird stuff sometimes.

I think I'm narrowing it down. Since I've been playing Madden 15 each time I close the application prior to shutting off my PS4. Everything seems fine. The problem is when I play another EA game i.e. NHL 15 then close that application when I'm done with NHL 15 and go back to Madden 15, then it goes through the original setup stuff. Maybe it has something to do with switching EA games??????

I lost in sudden death ot as panthers kicked FG on first possession and game ended! I should have gotten the ball. Instead I got bent over. I still can't figure how to read the wind meter to decide what I want.

I'm not really sure but I don't think confidence for rookies works correctly. I have 3-4 players in the 20-30 confidence range but their play seems to be unaffected by confidence. The only real impact on confidence I have seen is in FG kickers. Now this is a small sample size as I am only halfway through season two but the "feature" doesn't seem to make much of an impact from what I can see.

Still getting the restart error/issue. I think I've narrowed it down. If I play against the CPU I NEVER have this issue.

As soon as my son plays and we turn on the 2nd controller that's when things go haywire. I have no idea how to notify the powers that be at EA but this is where I'd start looking. As soon as my son and I play, a play-now game using 2 controllers and 2 profiles that's when the issue starts. I've made sure and keep my profile the "active" profile but that doesn't seem to matter.

So it must have something to do with having multiple users.

It's annoying that I have to go through the opening game scenario each time I start again, that's not really the big deal, what is very annoying is having to setup my user profile again. I can load my user and CPU sliders but penalties, subs, auto-subs, etc.. all that gets put back to default and I have to input them back each time I start Madden.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 10-23-2014 at 02:41 PM.

thanks for the update ^

I'd still like to see a video of a DT shooting a gap and making a TFL on a run play. I don't think I've seen a single one in the last 3 years and it makes A gap runs too easy. I know Skip doesn't agree and neither does EA but I'd love to see a single video showing it exists. DTs just stink in the run game. It's a big negative for the game along with CPU qbs taking too many sacks. Still having fun but those 2 issues are a real annoyance.

Signing mid-tier free agents is still too cheap. My Browns are 89 overall in my second year. Steelers are 81. That said, Josh Gordon wants $67M over 6 years to sign during the season. I may let him go (he's 95 OVR), especially when I get 88 rated guys like Randall Cobb for under $5M a year. Plus my late 1st round WR is huge and was 79 OVR after drafting him. I am solid everywhere - don't have a single starter less than 80 on my team at any position other than punter.

You should really feel like you are overpaying every single player that's half decent in free agency. In Madden I feel like I'm able to find a ton of bargains.

I think the key to the restart of the original video has to do with 2 users. I had my son start logging in as a "guest" instead of his username and it gave us a pop-up that no user data will be saved. Since he's been playing as the "guest" there have been 0 issues.

Maybe someone can pass that info onto EA.

One thing I've noticed PS4 vs Xbox1 on the XBOX1 when you throw an INT the triggers actually vibrate. On the PS4 it's the general controller, the Xbox1 controller seems to have more sensitized vibration. Kinda cool!

I was checking out the Dolphins roster in year two. They got rid of Tannehill, either Wallace or Hartline and Jarvis Landry, Olivier Vernon, Wheeler and Reshad Jones. None were free agents so they all got cut and weren't replaced either. The 2 qbs on their roster are 66 and 63. It's a terrible roster. I feel the need to leave the Browns and rebuild the Fish. The CPU needs to manage the offsets on much better.