Thread: Damian Lillard is the NBA LIVE 15 Cover Athlete

• Facebook
  • Display

Damian Lillard is the NBA LIVE 15 Cover Athlete

Damian Lillard is your cover athlete.

http://instagram.com/p/sH3F_gv4sD/

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Damian Lillard is the NBA LIVE 15 Cover Athlete

Following yesterday's cover reveal tease on EA SPORTS NBA LIVE's social media channels, Portland Trail Blazer Damian Lillard has announced via Instagram and Twitter that he will be the NBA LIVE 15 cover athlete.

We will update this article with any press releases, media, etc. from EA SPORTS and other media outlets as available.

Here is the official cover reveal video from EA SPORTS;

Check out behind the scenes photos here.

Bleacher Report's Brian Manzique has posted an interview with Lillard:

Last edited by cdj; 08-25-2014 at 11:06 AM.

It was pretty much assured when he made an appearance in the Madden 15 commercial riding off with Franco's wife/girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It was pretty much assured when he made an appearance in the Madden 15 commercial riding off with Franco's wife/girlfriend.
    Though, rather telling, I had no clue who that was.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Article updated with cover reveal video from EA SPORTS and link to behind the scenes photos.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I think they missed the payoff there by not announcing Lillard as LIVE 15 cover athlete before that Madden Season commercial was released.

Now, is EA SPORTS marketing savvy enough to put together a LIVE 15 commercial featuring Lillard and Franco's GF?

I have no idea who that is. I don't think I've ever even heard that name before.

Of course, I quit following the NBA in 1997. But it brings up a good question.

Does the cover really impact sales? If so, isn't it bad to not put your best, most-recognizable star on the cover every year?

Every year I hear complaints that Lionel Messi is on the cover of FIFA again. Do they have our right though? Isn't that better than having a casual have no idea who that guy on the cover is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

I don't think I've ever cared who was on the cover, not in terms of whether or not the game interests me. I have cared in the "anybody but Michigan" way though
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Don't really care either way but it's nice to see EA not milking a cover vote for two months.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Though, rather telling, I had no clue who that was.
    I honestly didn't either except for the fact that his name was rumored before that commercial so when Franco said "Damien?", I put 2+2 together.

Solid player but its not like he's Durant/Lebron so he isn't going to move units (other than maybe in the Pacific Northwest)

Houston Rockets and fans know who he is...

Probably the 1st or 2nd best player in his class easily. Went to Weber State so wasn't highly looked at as say an Austin Rivers but still went #6.

One of best PG's in the West as well

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Houston Rockets and fans know who he is...

Probably the 1st or 2nd best player in his class easily. Went to Weber State so wasn't highly looked at as say an Austin Rivers but still went #6.

One of best PG's in the West as well
    Very casually, I'm a Rockets fan. Still never heard of him. Hitting a buzzer beater in the first round of the playoffs doesn't make you a household name.

It just seems that it would behoove them to put a player on the cover that is more widely recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Very casually, I'm a Rockets fan. Still never heard of him. Hitting a buzzer beater in the first round of the playoffs doesn't make you a household name.

It just seems that it would behoove them to put a player on the cover that is more widely recognizable.
    Eh, depends

Given that was their first playoff series win in some time, the atmosphere, given it's only his 2nd year in the league and a pretty big shot.

To people who don't follow the NBA sure I guess, just as I have no clue about any Soccer players other than Renaldo and Messi..nor do I watch Soccer.

I still knew who he was prior to that shot and apparently 1,915,637 more people do as well

Sadly though you are probably right...more people likely know of Doug McDermott than Lillard

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Eh, depends

Given that was their first playoff series win in some time, the atmosphere, given it's only his 2nd year in the league and a pretty big shot.

To people who don't follow the NBA sure I guess, just as I have no clue about any Soccer players other than Renaldo and Messi..nor do I watch Soccer.

I still knew who he was prior to that shot and apparently 1,915,637 more people do as well

Sadly though you are probably right...more people likely know of Doug McDermott than Lillard
    And Messi is under contract to be on the FIFA cover for several years. That is exactly my point. You don't follow the sport but you know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    And Messi is under contract to be on the FIFA cover for several years. That is exactly my point. You don't follow the sport but you know who he is.
    ..because the only television I really watch our sports channels (ESPN, NFL Network, Golf Channel, etc)

I haven't watched but 4-5 Portland games since he's been in the NBA and I still knew who he was...because of the Draft and Sportscenter. Same reason I know of Messi..and seen a Renaldo Nike commercial. He is mentioned quite a bit when the Soccer highlights are mixed in between the other things I'm interested in hearing about.

Not too long ago Richard Sherman was unheard of as well..

I won't say it's impossible to not know certain players, but given the media age we live in it's difficult not to. I have no interest in Soccer, Hockey or Baseball yet I could name some of the random players I believe simply just because I watch so much ESPN.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-26-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Another new screen of Lillard: