View Poll Results: Do you think the NFL is rigged?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 14.29%
  • No

18 85.71%
Page 38 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: The How Many Times Can Ram Be Wrong Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The problem is, from what I've read, that ram does not understand that BOTH wildcards can come from the same division and that the reason an 8-8 team sometimes gets in over, say, a 10-6 team is because the 8-8 team won their division and ALL division winners get in regardless of record.

The Giants cannot win their division and can therefore ONLY qualify as a wildcard. In order for that to happen, they have to be one of the 2 best non-division winners in the NFC. At a best-case 8-8, that won't happen.

I #TrustTheScript
    Of course, I look forward to what dumbass excuse he makes up next to attempt to discredit my entire post breaking down the NFC East and the wild card candidates. Apparently his his dream world none of these wild card contenders play each other, so everyone not named the New York Giants can magically lose every remaining game, even when they play each other. I look forward to watching Dallas/Philadelphia and Seattle/San Francisco all discovering some way to both lose the same game. It'll be the biggest discovery in human history!

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    this way they make sure every game during the last 2 weeks matter for all to salivate and watch.
    Yeah, I know I sure can't WAIT for that Titans-Jaguars game, nor that Vikings-Dolphins game, nor that Giants-Rams game, nor that Jaguars-Texans game, nor that Jets-Dolphins game.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 11-25-2014 at 01:18 AM.

#SirScriptsALot

I #TrustTheScript

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

You clearly have no understanding of how teams have specific games they have to play and how head to head tiebreakers work. If the 49ers finish 10-6 or better, And Seattle is 10-6 or 9-7, that eliminates the Giants right there. SF (10-6) wins the West, Seattle (10-6 or 9-7) claims one wildcard slot and Arizona (at worst 9-7) claims the second wildcard slot. The Giants, at 8-8, cannot get into the playoffs except through a wildcard slot. Dallas already has 8 wins and has won both games they played against the Giants, so at absolute best, the Giants finish second to the Cowboys, even if both finish 8-8. And even in that case, the Eagles win the division since they will have beaten Dallas to get 9 or more wins. My god you really are dense.
    #SoUneducated

interesting...LOL this is fantastic !

it appears the Cards could make the playoffs as a 5th seed and they are the ones who help the Giants get in at 6th. In that case the Cards do make the playoffs but of course they wont be a threat once in.( host cities don't make it into SBs and that's all I care about). I wonder what combination of games is i'm missing that changes that ?

NFC Tiebreakers
    1st Seed - Dallas
    NFC East Champ
    Wins tie break over Green Bay based on best win percentage in common games.
    4th Seed - Atlanta
    NFC South Champ (Wins tie break over New Orleans based on head-to-head win percentage.)
    6th Seed - NY Giants
    Wins tie break over St. Louis based on head-to-head win percentage. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Philadelphia (NY Giants wins tie break over Philadelphia based on best win percentage in division games). Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Seattle (St. Louis wins tie break over Seattle based on head-to-head win percentage).

interesting...LOL this is fantastic !

it appears the Cards could make the playoffs as a 5th seed and they are the ones who help the Giants get in at 6th. In that case the Cards do make the playoffs but of course they wont be a threat once in.( host cities don't make it into SBs and that's all I care about). I wonder what combination of games is i'm missing that changes that ?
    I guess you forgot that Philadelphia and Seattle play in week 14. If Seattle wins, they become an 8 win team (even losing every other game) and get in ahead of the Giants due to head to head tiebreaker), and if Philadelphia wins, they reach 9 wins and get in ahead of the Giants due to having more wins (just as Dallas gets in ahead of the Giants regardless due to a 2-0 head to head record against the Giants. IT's IMPOSSIBLE. Damn you're dense!

I guess you forgot that Philadelphia and Seattle play in week 14. If Seattle wins, they become an 8 win team (even losing every other game) and get in ahead of the Giants due to head to head tiebreaker), and if Philadelphia wins, they reach 9 wins and get in ahead of the Giants due to having more wins (just as Dallas gets in ahead of the Giants regardless due to a 2-0 head to head record against the Giants. IT's IMPOSSIBLE. Damn you're dense!
    um...LOL..excuse me but

the tie breaker quote above is from ESPN

theres plenty of games that do nothing but interchange who wins the South...but theres some combination I must be missing for cards to be out....? LOL the internet can be fun !
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 11-25-2014 at 03:16 PM.

I'm going to laugh when lowly Jacksonville wins to kill the ridiculous NYG talk.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm going to laugh when lowly Jacksonville wins to kill the ridiculous NYG talk.
    what you are trying to say is you hope the bet you made is right this time.

what you are trying to say is you hope the bet you made is right this time.
    That makes no sense. I picked the Giants to lose in my Survival pool two weeks in a row and was correct.
    The dude abides.

That makes no sense. I picked the Giants to lose in my Survival pool two weeks in a row and was correct.
    oh sure, cherry pick that one thingy. I'm talking about your over all history of bad betting.Go ahead,pick against them again.
    I would advise you not to.

oh sure, cherry pick that one thingy. I'm talking about your over all history of bad betting.Go ahead,pick against them again.
    I would advise you not to.
    You're clearly not paying attention. It's a pool that Eric and I are in. I'm not placing bets on five games a week
    The dude abides.

um...LOL..excuse me but

the tie breaker quote above is from ESPN

theres plenty of games that do nothing but interchange who wins the South...but theres some combination I must be missing for cards to be out....? LOL the internet can be fun !
    Just trying to recreate some absurd combination of wins and losses just based on those two photos, and being unable to, proves that the Giants are done. The only way is for some utterly impossible combination of wins and losses that has to happen EXACTLY in each of the next 5 weeks for them to have any hope. Keep dreaming sock lover.

You're clearly not paying attention. It's a pool that Eric and I are in. I'm not placing bets on five games a week
    ok,good for you then I didn't necessarily think you did. I just mean bad picks in general. I'm referring to your lines thread n stuff

in any case, don't pick Jags

Just trying to recreate some absurd combination of wins and losses just based on those two photos, and being unable to, proves that the Giants are done. The only way is for some utterly impossible combination of wins and losses that has to happen EXACTLY in each of the next 5 weeks for them to have any hope. Keep dreaming sock lover.

oh,..but the Bills really can go to 4 SBs in a row and lose them,right ?
    last year was 'why not us?" this year its " the improbable is not impossible"

any time something out of the ordinary does happen you look at the shiny NFL marble rolling past and just shrug and say "anything can happen" (("parity")), because the NFL told me it could. You make an excuse for all the weird fantastic crap but try to then say something cant happen ? make up your mind.
    you said theres no way and I just showed you it can. Now its " LOL theres no way that happens"... it could and that's all the NFL needs to reel you in.

oh,..but the Bills really can go to 4 SBs in a row and lose them,right ?
    last year was 'why not us?" this year its " the improbable is not impossible"
    Why do you keep bringing up the Bills? That was 20 years ago. The league doesn't even have the same rules as they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Why do you keep bringing up the Bills? That was 20 years ago. The league doesn't even have the same rules as they do now.
    Because he's losing every other leg to stand on.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

So will the Rams now win the Super Bowl to calm the animals in Ferguson? Inquiring minds would like to know.....

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    So will the Rams now win the Super Bowl to calm the animals in Ferguson? Inquiring minds would like to know.....
    Nah, it'll be the Chiefs, since, you know, Kansas City and St. Louis are practically on top of each other.

I love how the NFL has that NFC South playing out. I bet they are shooting for a 7-9 or better yet 6-10 winner.

Then you can twist that around some too as to why they want that to happen so they can eliminate division winners locking a playoff spot. Or better yet reducing the teams to get away from the 4 current divisions so this doesn't happen again.