Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Madden PS3/360 news

• Facebook
  • Display
    they took out team play

I returned 3 kickoffs for TDs in my last game on all-pro. I hope that was just a fluke.

You can't adjust special teams sliders in game for some reason. I had tried punt accuracy at 0 and the CPU shanked punts like you wouldn't believe. It was funny. There aren't many dropped passes at default.

I do not see nearly enough separation between good and bad QBs but I am happy that the CPU QBs and offense are effective on all pro. QBs are FAR too accurate at default. Both sliders should be less than 10 IMO.

The EA logo that flashes beforesome replays is extremely loud sometimes. Glitch? Game still freezes once in awhile between plays but no hard freezes for me and not during gameplay.

Here is a video of the simple X tackle making a large leap (unrealistc) to grab Spiller. This is the only bad one I've seen in over 6 games though.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/195232336

Great one handed catch by Brandon Gibson. Also a great video showing the off-white pants for Miami's all-white uniforms (two straight years of this ugly mistake).

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/195201619

It seems like in the last 2 minutes I can't challenge (which is the rule) but there is no automatic challenge either. Mike Wallace got about 3 feet in bounds in a very obvious catch and they ruled him out. I couldn't challenge and none came automatically. I was annoyed as I could have tied the game.

I think the QB keep on the read option is still too easy. I don't run the option much but it feels over powered. Kick returns on All-Pro are definitely too easy. I've returned 5 for TDs now in about 10 games. I'm boosting the slider to get them deeper in the endzone.

MUT-

free 81 Richard Shermans for everyone !

I just rushed for 301 yards on 27 carries with Jamaal Charles against Philly on All-Madden with user run block at 0. There isn't a big difference between All-Madden and All-Pro and the guards still get a strong push against the DTs no matter what settings you use. It makes the 3rd and short plays automatic really. It's frustrating that the sliders are so weak in some areas and that the game isn't fine-tuned better. While I'm having fun I worry that this crap will kill the game sooner than later for me.

The cpu misses open field tackles quite easily. In some ways it's easier to run on All-Madden since the pursuit is strong and that opens up cutback lanes. I think I can fine-tune the QB accuracies (they need to be under 5 for both user and cpu imo; 1-4 are the sweet spots on AP or All-Madden) and the rest of the game is good. On All-Madden the kick meter is fast and they return and cover kicks better. The cpu offense is good on both AP and All-Madden but the interior rush defense is simply too weak. I doubt they fix it since the over-powering guard play existed in M25 and ruined the inside running game. They never fixed it then and I highly doubt they fix it now since they are focused primarily on next gen.

kicking may be easy but I like how it looks and works now

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I just rushed for 301 yards on 27 carries with Jamaal Charles against Philly on All-Madden with user run block at 0. There isn't a big difference between All-Madden and All-Pro and the guards still get a strong push against the DTs no matter what settings you use. It makes the 3rd and short plays automatic really. It's frustrating that the sliders are so weak in some areas and that the game isn't fine-tuned better. While I'm having fun I worry that this crap will kill the game sooner than later for me.

The cpu misses open field tackles quite easily. In some ways it's easier to run on All-Madden since the pursuit is strong and that opens up cutback lanes. I think I can fine-tune the QB accuracies (they need to be under 5 for both user and cpu imo; 1-4 are the sweet spots on AP or All-Madden) and the rest of the game is good. On All-Madden the kick meter is fast and they return and cover kicks better. The cpu offense is good on both AP and All-Madden but the interior rush defense is simply too weak. I doubt they fix it since the over-powering guard play existed in M25 and ruined the inside running game. They never fixed it then and I highly doubt they fix it now since they are focused primarily on next gen.
    Was this play now or CFM Rudy? I only played 4 games of M15 all on All-Madden with modified sliders before returning my rental, but I never ran that well playing as the Browns, Panthers, Saints, and Rams. They don't have a stud like Charles so maybe I would have found it easier with a great back.

****Edit****
    I can post my sliders I was working on within CFM if you want, I was getting a pretty good run defense by the CPU in my 4 CFM games.
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 08-30-2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Sliders question

Play Now. Haven't tried franchise yet. Post your sliders and I will look at them. I like reading and seeing different ideas. I'd like to see your WR catch because mine catch pretty much everything, even at 15.

I turned off the kick indicator as it.s too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Play Now. Haven't tried franchise yet. Post your sliders and I will look at them. I like reading and seeing different ideas. I'd like to see your WR catch because mine catch pretty much everything, even at 15.

I turned off the kick indicator as it.s too easy.
    kicking is just as easy just aim kick arrow between goal posts and time the power correctly to be automatic regardless if you slam the accuracy way too the left or right.

CFM has always played different than play now so play a practice CFM with the Chiefs. Play a couple All-Madden default CFM games with the Chiefs to compare run game between the modes since you dominated with Charles. After a couple games on default All-Madden see how you do then get back to me on here and I will post my sliders if you still feel its too easy to run.

This game is good but it could be a lot better with a few fixes in these areas IMO.

1. Tone down the push the Guards get on the DTs. They consistently knock them off the line making short yardage far too easy to convert.

2. Fix the sliders. From what I can tell user run blocking, user WR catch and user INT sliders do nothing. Drop WR catch to 0 and they still catch almost everything. Where is the testing on this stuff? EA needs to add one game changer whose sole purpose is to test sliders. The current ones don't even look at them.

3. Create a bigger gap between bad and good QBs. Robo QB is alive and well on AP and all-madden. The new inaccuracies never appeared on the PS3. With QB accuracy at 3 for both it gets a lot better but why do we have to go to such extremes?

Fix the first two and I will be really happy. The graphics, physics and presentation are the best ever on PS3. Haven't checked out franchise yet though.

Finally finished my first franchise game with the Browns. A 31-9 loss to the Steelers that was close until the 4th and freeze. I have read about the freezing but only saw skips and 3 second freezes. First lockup and if this continues on franchise it will suck. L.Bell had a big game against me. Manziel not so much lol.

Well I tied the Steelers 18-18 in OT, then came back and beat the Saints 28-24 on a kick return TD with 4 minutes to go and then got stomped 33-3 by the Ravens as Manziel threw 5 INTs. I was brutal.

Trying to decide if I should trade away Paul Kruger for a 3rd rounder. My initial response is no. With Sheard and Mingo I could let him go but I like having pass rushers. Formation subs would help!

Wind affects things a little too much. I don't mind it making the kicking harder since it's still way too easy on PS3 but punt returnees muff way too many with an 11 mph wind. It should be toned down IMO.