Thread: NHL 15 - Next-gen Feature List; No EASHL/GMC

• Facebook
  • Display

NHL 15 - Next-gen Feature List; No EASHL/GMC

Pasta reporting that it's confirmed.... no gmconnected in PS4 or x1

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Pasta reporting that it's confirmed.... no gmconnected in PS4 or x1
    Add to that: no eashl and no live the life modes.

The hell.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Is there even anything in next gen NHL?

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Not cool at all

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Is there even anything in next gen NHL?
    A letter to the fans...

That has been an annoying next gen feature for Live and now NHL. We are sorry, blah, blah, blah.

I've gotten over the news of no GMC, accepting it for what it is. I've gotten a little information (which I won't share) that makes it understandable (though it is still a disappointment).

That said, the article above did not even mention GMC. What the hell? Surely it's not gone forever. I'd like to see SOMETHING about it so I know what the deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I've gotten over the news of no GMC, accepting it for what it is. I've gotten a little information (which I won't share) that makes it understandable (though it is still a disappointment).

That said, the article above did not even mention GMC. What the hell? Surely it's not gone forever. I'd like to see SOMETHING about it so I know what the deal is.
    OperationSports' interview with producer Sean Ramjagsingh included this mention of GM Connected:

Update: After realizing we had no quotes from Sean on GM Connected we reached out to EA for a comment. Here is an official response from EA on why it was excluded: "GM Connected was one of our lowest played modes. We’ll be looking to see how we can bring a better online GM experience to the franchise in future iterations."

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    OperationSports' interview with producer Sean Ramjagsingh included this mention of GM Connected:
    Christ.

If there's no online franchise mode in the plans, I'll have to ween myself off of NHL out of spite.

Thanks for the info, Brian.

I am more shocked by Paakaa posting here. A year and half since the last post. Good to see you back!

You may not like EASHL Steelerfan but it is pretty popular for the masses. Sports threads are rare at Neogaf but this omission was a biggie over there. Then of course HUT, gotta have that HUT money.

I still hope one day to have College teams and the Froze Four. Until then I will spend the majority of my time playing international tournaments. They do plan on having the national teams this year?
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-20-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Christ.

If there's no online franchise mode in the plans, I'll have to ween myself off of NHL out of spite.

Thanks for the info, Brian.
    I can understand, to a point, where they're coming from. People for years were calling for an online league mode, it got implemented, and then it became the new least-used mode. We can argue for days about whether that was due to the mode having fundamental flaws (like slow menus, etc.) or there just not being as much of a committed community for it as expected, but in the grand scheme of things, you can understand why it would end up on the cutting room floor for the new-gen debut.

The real "feet to the fire" moment for the NHL developers will come when NHL 16 is in progress and whether or not there is somebody on board actually working to craft a better online league experience. If not, then I'd agree that fans of the mode are better served getting off the train sooner than later.

It's interesting to me that one of the larger gripes over the years for NCAA was the limit on having only 12 players in a OD. Yet all the professional games that allowed more saw those modes played less. I wonder if that's a reflection of polish, passion of the fan base, or the unwieldy problems that result from so many schedules to arrange.

I also think football has an inherent advantage with teams playing only once per week. It lends itself nicely to a schedule.

Hi Paakaa! Hope you had a good birthday!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    It's interesting to me that one of the larger gripes over the years for NCAA was the limit on having only 12 players in a OD. Yet all the professional games that allowed more saw those modes played less. I wonder if that's a reflection of polish, passion of the fan base, or the unwieldy problems that result from so many schedules to arrange.

I also think football has an inherent advantage with teams playing only once per week. It lends itself nicely to a schedule.

Hi Paakaa! Hope you had a good birthday!
    I think it's a little of both.

(1) the NCAA "core" player LOVED dynasty mode (these other games I suspect do not) Heck even Madden rarely focuses on Franchise mode b/c the "core" Madden gamer is apparently all about MUT and random online play.
    (2) the biggest problem with a large online dynasty/league is just the difficulty in 2 different people finding a set time to play a video game.

It sucks that GM Connected is the lowest played mode because that was the only mode I played
    The dude abides.

Why would you guys assume that because you can have 30 user teams anyone had more than a few?

I played in 2 GMCs. One had 8 or 9 users, the other 3-4. Neither one was tough to schedule, the vast majority of your games are against the CPU.

If GMC was "one of" (EA's words) the least played modes, I suspect it was for two reasons (in order):

1. 82 game season
    2. Clunky menus

The "passion" of the NCAA community is more about 12 game seasons than people who love college football so much more than other people love other sports.

We were pretty damn dedicated to get through as many seasons as we did, but yes those menus blew. Even worse on NHL 13.
    The dude abides.