Thread: Rogers Clemens indicted of federal perjury charge

• Facebook
  • Display

Rogers Clemens indicted of federal perjury charge

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5476761

I guess sometime over the past two hours, there had been reports that there was an indictment pending against Roger, and it looks like those rumors were true.

He's currently under indictment, accused of lying to Congress about using steroids. Clemens faces charges of obstruction of Congress, making false statements and perjury.

Edit - And go figure, in typing up the title, I go and type that he's indicted of federal perjury charge instead of ON federal perjury charge.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-19-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Glad the government has no other pressing concerns at this time. Clearly everything is great!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Part of me, being not a fan of baseball in the slightest, thinks that this whole steroid crap is a bit silly. It's obvious that pretty much everyone in the game uses the damn things (or some form of them), just like the NFL and NBA. It's like the only people that are getting charged on it are players that people can make money off of. So it's not for the game that they're doing it but for the money.

I mean, look at the NFL. There's no doubt that people are using them (or some form of them). There's no way a normal person could withstand the rigors of getting the shit beat out of them for 9 months (including training camp) and not need something to keep their body going past a few years of doing it.

I mean, people are acting like there's a sanctity to the game or something that's being violated by people doing it. I think it's just silly narrow-mindedness.

I guess misremembering doesn't hold up.

As a lawyer, I'll offer a bit of free advice. NEVER lie to the Feds. #1 They take it very seriously. #2 They have the power/means to find out almost anything.