Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 15 videos from around the web

• Facebook
  • Display
    Goodgamebro... a snow filled drive (Packers @ Bears)

Goodgamebro... Ravens @ Bengals intro.

This pre game talks about coaches. Sadly though it will never be updated. Even if Harbaugh wins another SB it will only talk about the one year.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Goodgamebro... a snow filled drive (Packers @ Bears)

Nitpicking but I thought they said the camera gouys would no longer wear shorts in the cold/snow? Also, I know it's early in the game but those unis need to be dirtier: Chicago IN HEAVY SNOW...
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-14-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Only 1500 points to get a true overall is cheap (what was it before?) and he had over 3400 points to spend. Not sure what the weekly limits are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Only 1500 points to get a true overall is cheap (what was it before?) and he had over 3400 points to spend. Not sure what the weekly limits are.
    Unlocking an attribute (letter grade only) is like 8 points. To unlock something like man coverage last year was 100 points. I still think certain things should be unlocked for all players (scheme, speed, etc.).

Goodgamepro broadcast cam.

Note: you cannot play cpu versus cpu in CFM!!!

So, in season 2, will they have that same speech about Nick Foles?

LMAO... Madden is the reason why I stopped posting at OS. Some of the comments today are just so over the top. "Most amazing game ever," "best presentation in a sports game," "intro is better than 2k5," "simply amazing," "feels like a real game," "commentary is so fresh and dynamic," "finally foot planting matters," "collision physics look so real," etc. These are the same people that in two weeks will be calling for blood. At it's most fundamental level will look, play and feel like Madden 25.

I suggest people watch a few clips and then play Madden 25 on the PS4 (it is a little better than the ps3 version IMO). Versus the cpu, not much has changed. Those of you such as myself who play this game religiously know how this will work.

Here's what the videos don't show:

-QB's will have pin point accuracy
    -zone defense will be atrocious
    -press corners will mirror receivers on slant passes
    -regardless of tweaking, penalties will NOT be called, especially pass interference
    -users will not have access to practice
    -users will not have formation subs that stick from week to week
    -RB's will still run out of bounds when catching a pass from out of the backfield
    -commentary will not be team specific but rather general ("he had a big game last week")
    -CFM will feel just as isolated as ever (no ticker, no weekly wrap up show, etc.)
    -in CFM twitter feeds have become far to repetitive and redundant
    -users will not be able to play the pro bowl, do cpu vs cpu, watch the super bowl, etc.
    -Ray Lewis and Jimmy Johnson will come out of retirement in year two of CFM and retire again in year three
    -In 2022 users will still be told Russell Wilson won a SB in 2013 (QB intros never change)
    -commentary will not be dynamic and personalized and stat overlays will leave the user wanting more
    -the draft will still be mostly blind after the first two rounds
    -users will hear Nantz say... "it is a game we'll always remember" ... 28-13 Bengals over the Browns in week six...
    -players will be injured and informed they are out for the game only to be back six plays later
    -no practice roster insures drafted players will be cut as there is no roster space to develop them,

etc. etc. etc.

This is NOT meant to bash Madden nor the people who play the game (or design it). This is simply insight from person who has played Madden for 10+ years. Madden has a lot of warts but if you can look past them you can find a lot of fun and enjoyment to be had. If people have realistic expectations and realize that Madden is still Madden, then this will be a great game. If you cannot accept Madden for what it is then don't buy... the little things will drive you crazy.

I would love to have a weekend to sit down with the Madden team and give them feedback from a hardcore Madden OFFLINE gamer... oh the fun we could have!

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    So, in season 2, will they have that same speech about Nick Foles?
    Guaranteed. Plus if he goes to Miami it will be the same speech with the same real video from when he played in Philly. This is the immersion killer stuff.

Guaranteed. Plus if he goes to Miami it will be the same speech with the same real video from when he played in Philly. This is the immersion killer stuff.
    2K has this same problem

They repeat things and say things when a player isn't even on the team. I traded Lebron for giggles and they kept saying how he was on the team still on Miami's team.

More gameplay

The best way to see how the game plays for me is to watch the CPU vs CPU games. Watching Tony Romo hold the ball too long and then float backwards and throw that spinning short show downfield for an INT is just frustrating. The CPU AI is still plain bad.

Most of my complaints deal with the QB AI - too many bad decisions, almost no difference between bad QB and good ones, and not throwing enough to the star player. CPU game management is also bad and I find that one inexcusable at this time. EA has not improved this area in 10 years. PS2 AI was just as good. But they don't really care since all theirfocus is online and DLC. I'm supposed to buy a PS4 for that? The game plays very similar to the PS3 version and I haven't been impressed with that either.

PS4 specific video... from load time to gameplay

PS4 specific video... from load time to gameplay

This guy playing this video exemplifies all that is wrong with Madden... yikes! That is some awful, awful play calling. For a guy who says he has played Madden since Nintendo64 he doesn't seem to know what to do. However, 150,000+ YouTube subscribers gets you the game early. Attempting to bring in casuals to sell the game is so frustrating. Send Rudy, Skip and I a copy of the game and we will give you some real videos of what people want to see.

In other news, imagine if the game actually looked and felt like it did in the computer generated intro of the Panthers-Hawks game? Wow! That would be amazing. Madden hypes the game so well and when they slow it down, zoom in computer animate it, etc. it looks great. If only the game could look feel and sound that way on every play.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-15-2014 at 04:10 PM.

I did see QB inaccuracies in the two Madden guys playing each other. RG3 struggled.

Someone needs to send me a PS3 copy stat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I did see QB inaccuracies in the two Madden guys playing each other. RG3 struggled.

Someone needs to send me a PS3 copy stat lol.
    According to my "friends" list on PS4 about 3 or 4 people who post on this site in some capacity or another have the game. I wonder if they would answer questions eg. will formation subs stick from week-to-week in CFM? I haven't heard if they have disclosure agreements or not???

Nice for those guys. Hope we get some good impressions. I hope the interior runs like ISO middle out of the I-formation aren't automatic positives. I hope WRs aren't so clueless near the sideline.

The halftime report I saw looked pretty good actually. But they showed a catch that was actually over-turned and never counted lol.

QJB answered the Q about the Houston Oilers jerseys...

Last year there was only one choice. Now there are three.

For offline CFM players this video will scare you. Check out some of the borked sim stats. Man some things are absolutley dreadful. Let's not even get into Minnesota winning the SB.

Man u guys are too worried about stats .

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Man u guys are too worried about stats .
    The issue isn't the stats. The issue is that the sim engine is broken. So if the sim engine is broken then the cpu A.I. will also be highly flawed. If Manning has 13 td's in a full season then the Peyton manning (cpu controlled) you play against will NOT be a red zone threat QB. The stats tie into the engine which impacts the gameplay and therfore dictates the cpu A.I. Hence my concern for offline CFM.

Skyboxer ar OS has the game early and has confirmed a few things which most people suspected.

1. Supersim stats are still wonky
    2. Formation subs do NOT stick from week-to-week
    3. You cannot play any game on the schedule other than your own
    4. No ability to change cpu unis (apparently the work-around no longer works???)
    5. Danielle Belini still does injuries... no changes to report (still probably screwed up...

Most of these points I can live with BUT formation subs not sticking AGAIN simply boggles the mind. Tourney players and play now people don't need these things but for everyone else they are crucial to the game of football. Whatever Looman's vision is, I guess I don't see it or share it... To me Madden will always be about franchise mode, battling the cpu and full customization.