Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Until Dawn (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display

Nothing convinced me to pay full price. This is still one that I'll wait for a price drop on.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Nothing convinced me to pay full price. This is still one that I'll wait for a price drop on.
    Not many story driven games do for me any more.
    The dude abides.

Still sticking to my guns. Will wait for a big price drop.

Kudos to the developers. Until Dawn is the #1 best seller in Kids Handheld Games at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...11/ref=sr_bs_1

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Still sticking to my guns. Will wait for a big price drop.

Kudos to the developers. Until Dawn is the #1 best seller in Kids Handheld Games at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...11/ref=sr_bs_1
    That's bullshit, guarantee you Simon outsold it!
    The dude abides.

Best review of the game. This guy is always good for a laugh. "The complexion for the protection."

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Not many story driven games do for me any more.
    Me neither, unless it's something my daughter wants. Sports games are the only ones, IMO, that are time-sensitive.

Me neither, unless it's something my daughter wants. Sports games are the only ones, IMO, that are time-sensitive.
    RPG's that I know I'll get a couple hundred hours in like Fallout 4 fit. Else I can wait.
    The dude abides.

$39.99 at Best Buy next week. If Amazon matches I might jump at this price.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...buy-ad-96-912/

I plan on playing a chunk of this bad boy today and I'll give my impressions - but from what I have read this is the best game in this "genre" or at least up there with Heavy Rain.

So.... I'm a little less than 1/2 way (chapter wise) through the game (no help on my own) and I absolutely LOVE THIS GAME. We shall see if the story holds up but right now its better IMHO than Heavy Rain.

So far I've lost 1 of the characters (not sure how/where I "screwed up") and the scene was absolutely straight out of a slasher film:

Spoiler: show

That is high praise, CLW.

I will check this out eventually, for sure.

That is high praise, CLW.

I will check this out eventually, for sure.
    Indeed Heavy Rain was one of my favorite PS3 games and one of my favorite games of all-time.

If you enjoyed Heavy Rain you will enjoy Until Dawn. I believe the game play/controls are a bit tighter. The game is much better graphically. Until Dawn is one of the most stunning games I've seen. Now you may like HR's story better. I really enjoyed it but thus far UD is just about PERFECT teen slasher flick story line (which I prefer over HR's very good story line)

I will say I have not completed the game and I have read that the UD's story loses steam in the 2nd half so we shall see but right now its the most I have enjoyed a game since TLOU.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Indeed Heavy Rain was one of my favorite PS3 games and one of my favorite games of all-time.

If you enjoyed Heavy Rain you will enjoy Until Dawn. I believe the game play/controls are a bit tighter. The game is much better graphically. Until Dawn is one of the most stunning games I've seen. Now you may like HR's story better. I really enjoyed it but thus far UD is just about PERFECT teen slasher flick story line (which I prefer over HR's very good story line)

I will say I have not completed the game and I have read that the UD's story loses steam in the 2nd half so we shall see but right now its the most I have enjoyed a game since TLOU.
    I definitely enjoyed the heck out of Heavy Rain and it was probably my favorite game on PS3 and maybe ever (sports titles aside).

Keep us posted on how you feel about the second half.

I definitely enjoyed the heck out of Heavy Rain and it was probably my favorite game on PS3 and maybe ever (sports titles aside).

Keep us posted on how you feel about the second half.
    Will do - but fair warning it may be awhile as little man is taking up allot of time and IMHO this is not a game you should play in 10-30 min chunks. I think you need at least an hour of uninterrupted time to get some flow (each chapter is taking me roughly an hour to complete)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Will do - but fair warning it may be awhile as little man is taking up allot of time and IMHO this is not a game you should play in 10-30 min chunks. I think you need at least an hour of uninterrupted time to get some flow (each chapter is taking me roughly an hour to complete)
    That'll work. I doubt I'll bite on this until their is a reduction in the digital version. I don't screw around with discs any more and it may be awhile before the digital version sees a price cut.

Enjoy the kiddo!

Not that it would surprise anyone but I was weak and had $25 credit just sitting there at Amazon, so I will be playing Until Dawn on Friday.