Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    ESPN - Broncos WR Wes Welker not considering retirement after latest concussion, coach John Fox said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    ESPN - Broncos WR Wes Welker not considering retirement after latest concussion, coach John Fox said

Well of course not. It'll make the tale of the Broncos winning the SB way more sellable

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Well of course not. It'll make the tale of the Broncos winning the SB way more sellable
    Wrong thread.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

unless Manning goes down,no other news whether real or embellished matters through the season

Oh for fuck's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh for fuck's sake.

Good on Michael Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Good on Michael Sam.
    LOL yeah, great..nothing says sports talk like in depth shower play by play.

I loved this show

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh for fuck's sake.

There are some things that just shouldn't be discussed on SportsCenter
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

He fits in just like anyone else fits in. Just cuz he's *** doesn't mean it's any different.

I expect him to get cut when the Rams go to 53, but get immediately picked up elsewhere.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I expect him to get cut when the Rams go to 53, but get immediately picked up elsewhere.
    Packers. Please.

Josh Gordan's appeal denied, suspended for the season

This is a quote from him on the matter

I'd like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns organization and our fans," Gordon said in a statement. "I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn't exercise better discretion and judgment in my case
    Bolded for hilarity. Now I know the Steelers have a couple of potheads in the backfield...but Gordan's statement is funny.

He's disappointed that the NFL didn't exercise better judgement!

Yeah well your teammates, Browns front office, Head Coach, fans and the NFL are disappointed that you did not exercise better judgement. 2nd hand weed smoke

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Josh Gordan's appeal denied, suspended for the season

This is a quote from him on the matter

Bolded for hilarity. Now I know the Steelers have a couple of potheads in the backfield...but Gordan's statement is funny.

Yeah well your teammates, Browns front office, Head Coach, fans and the NFL are disappointed that you did not exercise better judgement. 2nd hand weed smoke
    Plus not to mention the issues AFTER that. Pulled over for speeding with a passenger arrested for possession of weed. And then after that, arrested for DWI, all while this whole thing was hanging over his head. What a dumbass...

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Packers. Please.
    LOL. That would be classic.

And Josh Gordon is an idiot. He's been in and out of trouble a LOT in his short college and NFL career. Take responsibility for your own problems. Tons of talent. Hopefully he will own up to his own stupidity and turn his life around. Missing the $$$ should be a big kick in the pants.

Even stepping back from my following of the Browns, his appeal actually made sense to me. The NFL standard for "use" is much lower than any other sporting body's, including the Olympics, Cycling and other major American Sports, and the NFL testing procedure is as follows: Take an A sample and B sample. If the A sample shows the required amount, the B sample merely needs to show anything above 0, not meet the same standard. Gordon's A sample met the standard, his B sample didn't. So if they'd been switched he wouldn't have failed.

Frankly, while I don't have any kind of experience in drug testing and it's entirely possible that there's some kind of dilution effect that could explain why Sample 1 and Sample 2 do not have to have the same standards, that doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Should he have excercised better judgement? Sure. But does it pass the smell test? Nope.

My understanding that it was based on multiple failed tests not just this. He was already suspended last season for 2 games, then this and an arrest.

He obviously has an issue with marijuana as I've heard he failed multiple tests in college as well. Granted a good part of players are smoking but apparently aren't getting caught atleast...or arrested (except for Gordan and the Steelers backfield )

My understanding that it was based on multiple failed tests not just this. He was already suspended last season for 2 games, then this and an arrest.

He obviously has an issue with marijuana as I've heard he failed multiple tests in college as well. Granted a good part of players are smoking but apparently aren't getting caught atleast...or arrested (except for Gordan and the Steelers backfield )
    His suspension was based on multiple failures of the league's drug policy.

This failure, from what I understand but could have been misinformed, was based on a single test with an A sample and B sample.

As much as Josh Gordon has been a dumbass, he's still young and can turn his career around. With that said, I think the NFL should have allowed him to play in the CFL.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    His suspension was based on multiple failures of the league's drug policy.

This failure, from what I understand but could have been misinformed, was based on a single test with an A sample and B sample.
    Ah ok

Only himself and his judgement are to blame though, no matter the misinformed information.

Doesn't come into play if he doesn't have a single failure. He's young though, hopefully this is a needed wake up call. Atleast he has it early into his career and it didn't ruin his career before it even started while he was in college.