Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    He was good enough to stay on the team when they knew (and probably saw) what happened months ago though.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    Exactly. If that video had never gone public, he'd still be on the Ravens roster and playing right now (as he would have still only been suspended two weeks at that point). Then the video goes public and suddenly it's time for everyone in the Ravens and NFL organizations to throw Rice under the bus and leave him out in the cold by himself while everyone else sits on their thrones thumping their chests and yelling "harrumph" and patting themselves on the back for taking a stand against domestic violence. They did nothing but cover their fucking asses when that video went public.

While the video was still hidden from the public, they gave him their full support and backing. When the video went public, they knew it would be a 100% losing effort and losing battle to try and cover and protect Rice, so they essentially excommunicated him from the NFL, the Ravens cutting him from the roster and organization and the NFL indefinitely suspending him, making him persona non grata around the NFL and making him unhireable to anyone and everyone in the league.

This wasn't a case of Rex Grossman getting cut because he wasn't good enough to beat out the players ahead of him on the roster, this was a case of the NFL and Ravens suddenly making Rice, one of their star players and a player that would have never been cut by the Ravens otherwise, undesireable to anyone in the NFL and essentially kicking him out of the NFL just because a previously hidden from the public video went public and they no longer found it worth their effort to try and deflect the public backlash and defend him, instead throwing him out to the wolves. Not even remotely the same situation between what happened to Rice and just some suck ass player getting cut from a roster.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 10-22-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Companies fire people all the time after their indiscretions become public.

Were the Ravens wrong to keep him if they saw the video? Yes. Did they get it right eventually? Yes (admittedly only because it was public).

If Rice didn't want to get cut, he shouldn't have punched that skank. But turning him into the victim is bullshit. Like Rudy said, he got paid and he doesn't deserve ANY form of payment, name-clearing or vindication going forward.

Should the League punish the Ravens? Absolutely. However, Rice doesn't get to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

The NFL looks really bad on this issue. You had former GM Jerry Angelo come out and say they used to cover up domestic violence. You have two ex-wives of Saints players giving stories about how the cops and team covered domestic disputes up. It's always been bad but they are getting their asses handed to them now. I wonder how many more skeletons will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Companies fire people all the time after their indiscretions become public.
    And often in those situations there's some kind of payment, usually not blatantly stated as such but it's reasonable to think it's a payment to avoid a lawsuit.

For example:
    Christopher Kubasik, who was to become Lockheed Martin Corp.'s CEO in January, has resigned, effective immediately, after an investigation found he had a personal relationship with a subordinate, the company announced Friday after the markets closed.

Lockheed asked for his resignation as vice chairman, president and chief operating officer, the Bethesda-based company said in a statement. He will receive a $3.5 million separation payment.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Love Frank Caliendo and his Stephen A Smith is spot on.

Lolololololololololol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Despite the horrible showing by the Dolphins defense yesterday Ryan Tannehill has won me over. I didn't think he was good enough but he's played really well since after the first month and has shown that he's good enough imo. I don't know how good he can get - it would really help if he could hit a deep ball, but I'm generally happy with this team.

Unfortunately this Dolphins team has the 4th worst cap situation in 2015 - 6th worst when you roll over the 2014 credits. They can make some moves to save money but not as many as you think. There will be no heavy free agent spending this offseason. http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/ The good news is they don't have any major holes. They just need their young guys to keep improving.

The only big free agent losses the team is looking at are (http://overthecap.com/free-agency): DT Jared Odrick, TE Charles Clay and S Louis Delmas. Odrick will be expensive and losing him will hurt. He's a very good, not great player. So would losing Clay who is a poor blocking, good receiving TE. Delmas has been nice but not a break-the-bank-guy.

So. Sick.

The dude abides.

#TrustTheScript

Odell Beckman jr vs Prince

That is probably THE most ignorant, racist post in the history of this forum.

I #TrustTheScript

I #TrustTheScript
    where's the racist part ?

Ignorant ? No, its a vast sense of humor that I have along with my superior intelligence that baffles you.

I #TrustTheScript
    Nah I'm sure dhook has him beat somewhere in the Current Events thread.
    The dude abides.

Nah I'm sure dhook has him beat somewhere in the Current Events thread.
    Him or CLW, yeah.

I #TrustTheScript

Caliendo and Shatner. The part with TJ Hooker. classic.

So the word around Sf/GM office is that they're almost thinking of firing/trading Jim Harbaugh . What do you thin is going on over there? that would hurt the time in a bad way to ahve to start all over with another new HC in less the 4 years. I mean really one bad and season and hes done for? I would start with Roman first then move to Jim or even get rid of kaep before getting rid of teh HC .. I mean kaep has been a big of the terrible season as well as Roman Defense has been outstanding despite all the injuries.

The Factory of Sadness.

http://youtu.be/tRBDMMVctu8

I #TrustTheScript

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    So the word around Sf/GM office is that they're almost thinking of firing/trading Jim Harbaugh . What do you thin is going on over there? that would hurt the time in a bad way to ahve to start all over with another new HC in less the 4 years. I mean really one bad and season and hes done for? I would start with Roman first then move to Jim or even get rid of kaep before getting rid of teh HC .. I mean kaep has been a big of the terrible season as well as Roman Defense has been outstanding despite all the injuries.
    This was rumoured before the season. Harbaugh and the GM Baalke don't get along. Harbaugh wears out his welcome and this has nothing to do with the W-L record. Harbaugh's record has been fantastic through 4 years. It's all about personalities.

Anyone see the Rams/Redskins coin toss where they made all 6 players the Rams received as a result of the RG III trade captains?
    The dude abides.

Anyone see the Rams/Redskins coin toss where they made all 6 players the Rams received as a result of the RG III trade captains?
    LOVE IT!

Even if I didn't live in Saint Louis now, this would appeal to my inner-asshole-General-Manager. But as a Saint Louisan, I LOVE IT!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud